Should Carnival get rid of the waiter dance in the MDR?

a3593

Should Carnival get rid of the MDR waiter dance & shuffle?  

1,717 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carnival get rid of the MDR waiter dance & shuffle?

• Yes
    • No

Carnival has the "Fun Ships". The wait staff singing and dancing is part of the fun. If you don't like singing and dancing waiters, you probably won't like Carnival, so try another cruiseline. I have been on 12 Carnival cruises, most of them with groups of senior citizens. They all love the "fun" atmosphere. Oh, and I like towel animals in my room, too. And I don't have children.

Carnival has the "Fun Ships". The wait staff singing and dancing is part of the fun. If you don't like singing and dancing waiters, you probably won't like Carnival, so try another cruiseline.

That's a rather large logical leap. I like fun. I like towel animals. I like comedians. I even like singing and dancing. I just don't like it in the MDR. And yes, I have tried other cruiselines that don't have it, and I still like CCL. Does this make me the exception to the rule or proof that the argument is a strawman?

I've been missin Lemur...

I'd rather have it once or twice maximum..the dancing waiters that is...and I rarely joke like this...

From another idiot howling in the void....

But it does move the crowd along..especially early seating folks who they want the H out of there for the next shift...sjn.

That's a rather large logical leap. I like fun. I like towel animals. I like comedians. I even like singing and dancing. I just don't like it in the MDR. And yes, I have tried other cruiselines that don't have it, and I still like CCL. Does this make me the exception to the rule or proof that the argument is a strawman?

Fun, towel animals, comedians, deck parties, Freddy and all, great fun.

Dancing at dinner in the MDR? once or twice a week is enough for me.

What do you think? I vote yes...how about you? I find it disruptive, and I feel sorry for the folks forced to do it!

I say if you find it disruptive and almost 60% of us here don't...book another cruise line and stop trying to change what most of us find to be fun.....

These are called the "FUN" ships you know.....

Also most of us are forced to do things at work all the time we don't like to do but, it does pay the bills.....;)

Really whats next? Take away the shows? Then excursions? Just cause some find it boring or annoying i like it and so do my kids. It would actually be boring just being waited on without any fun involved. Like Jessemon says go cruise on a old person lights out at 8:00pm lines then! ;)

Hey now....Watch it...LOL...

Was on the HAL Ryndam in Feb. and it was soooo funny.

Was on the Dream on the 9 night inagural out of PC in Dec. and the funny thing was this. The disco/Crow's Nest obsevation lounge on HAL had more people in it by three times at night and later than the Dream did.....I am still LMBO over that....

If you find the right bunch of old fogies it can put Carn-evil to shame.....:D:eek::p

I like you though and many others here cannot understand why people want to make something the way "they" want it when there are always other options.....;)

As more and more Carnival passengers move on to anytime dining, there will be less and less singing waiters. It sounds like anytime dining is aleady selling out. Soon, more ships will be like the Dream and Magic where floors of dining rooms will just be anytime dining and those who don't want singing waiters won't have to deal with the nonsense. I haven't been on Carnival in three years. Do they still do the equally ridiculous red, white, and blue teams where people enjoying their meals are asked to yell and scream for their teams?

Like Jessemon says go cruise on a old person lights out at 8:00pm lines then! ;)

Brucie, some of us old people can party you under the table, sonny. :D And that includes Jessemon. We did a back-to-back of 9 days on the Destiny and I can't remember ever heading back to the cabin earlier than about 5 a.m. Don't be so quick to stereotype. :rolleyes::):cool:

I say if you find it disruptive and almost 60% of us here don't...book another cruise line and stop trying to change what most of us find to be fun.....

These are called the "FUN" ships you know.....

Also most of us are forced to do things at work all the time we don't like to do but, it does pay the bills.....;)

Why should anyone have to book another cruiseline? It's one minor sub-aspect of a larger aspect of an overall cruise. Why must everything always be "you're with me or you're against me"?

Why should anyone have to book another cruiseline? It's one minor sub-aspect of a larger aspect of an overall cruise. Why must everything always be "you're with me or you're against me"?

Many people told me the same thing re: the smoking policy (get over it or book another line) and after awhile I realized they were right. Why should I ask Carnival to adapt their policy for me when I could just go sail Celebrity and have the smoke free balcony cabin I want. So my next cruise will be on Celebrity. If someone finds the singing and dancing in the MDR disruptive/annoying, etc. rather than trying to lobby Carnival to take away something the majority want kept, Jessemon is saying you can always book another line. Seems fair to me.

P.S. Glad NuNu's back. :D

I actually voted yes, only because the poor dining staff is already over worked and stretched too thin due to cutbacks. The last thing they need to do is put on a show. If they want singing and dancing during dinner, bring in the cast from the main show.

Its hard for me to say that, since I am very against the current trend of axing long-time Carnival institutions. The original logo is gone. The past guest pins are gone. The Captains reception is a travesty. Even the Capers are gone, replaced with still more gaudy !FUN! branding.

Let's see...I was answering the OP who finds it "disruptive" and voted to get rid of it and also asked "What do you think"....Guess I shouldn't of voted or stated what I think to answer the OP's question.....:rolleyes:

Brucie' date=' some of us old people can party you under the table, sonny. :D And that includes Jessemon. We did a back-to-back of 9 days on the Destiny and I can't remember ever heading back to the cabin earlier than about 5 a.m. Don't be so quick to stereotype. :rolleyes::):cool:[/quote']

What are you talking about im one of those old people....im retired and still stay up as late as possible (10:00pm) lol I just think some cruiselines are like a retirement village and i don't want to live there no matter how old i get!

I actually voted yes, only because the poor dining staff is already over worked and stretched too thin due to cutbacks. The last thing they need to do is put on a show. If they want singing and dancing during dinner, bring in the cast from the main show.

Its hard for me to say that, since I am very against the current trend of axing long-time Carnival institutions. The original logo is gone. The past guest pins are gone. The Captains reception is a travesty. Even the Capers are gone, replaced with still more gaudy !FUN! branding.

I do miss the past guest pins!

What are you talking about im one of those old people....im retired and still stay up as late as possible (10:00pm) lol I just think some cruiselines are like a retirement village and i don't want to live there no matter how old i get!

Believe it or not he is old enough to call us both sonny....LOL....

As more and more Carnival passengers move on to anytime dining, there will be less and less singing waiters. It sounds like anytime dining is aleady selling out. Soon, more ships will be like the Dream and Magic where floors of dining rooms will just be anytime dining and those who don't want singing waiters won't have to deal with the nonsense. I haven't been on Carnival in three years. Do they still do the equally ridiculous red, white, and blue teams where people enjoying their meals are asked to yell and scream for their teams?

Until Carnival raises their ceiling max of 15% set aside for YTD, I don`t see that as a catalyst for change.

No one has to go to another line. They should start their own. Find out what the majority of their consumer base likes and get rid of it.

Makes perfect business sense to me.

Wait, I think I`m onto something. Maybe Carnival expanded it because their own markeing data showed them something they didn`t share with us here, nor asked our approval.

Those Carnival guys........

I haven't been on Carnival in three years. Do they still do the equally ridiculous red, white, and blue teams where people enjoying their meals are asked to yell and scream for their teams?

I don't remember seeing the "team" competitions in the past two or three years (which includes maybe six Carnival cruises). I do remember it on the Conquest and Liberty in 2006 and 2007, though. Could it have been limited to a certain group of ships (i.e. the Conquest class)?

Archived