St. Barts - Ports of Call Section

sail7seas

There is no St. Barts section here on CC.

Anyone have suggestions for nice place for lunch reasonably near cruise dock?

Any really must sees besides a beautiful beach?

This will be our first time there. We've been so many times to most of the islands, it'll be nice to have a new port.

From the google reading I've done, sounds like a very beautiful, high end place to visit.

Thanks if you have any suggestions.

This site (click) mentions some, and has a link for a full list.

St Barts is famous for its sophisticated yet casual restaurant scene. Some call it the culinary capital of the Caribbean. Whatever experience you want, trust us, you can find it in St Barts. From four star Relais & Cateau rated dining at Le Gaiac, The Rock, and Victoria's, to harborside bistros and cafes like Boucanniers, Baz Bar and the Wall House, to feet in the sand casual dining at La Plage and Do Brazil. Did we mention that St Barts has over 80 restaurants? See our featured restaurants and the full St Barts restaurant list.

http://www.sbhonline.com/St-Barts-Restaurants/restaurants-st-barts-full-list.htm

I Can't wait. It sounds fabulous.

We picked this cruise strictly because it was 14 days, about a date we wanted to travel and it's MAASDAM.... then we get the bonus of finding such a great itinerary. We didn't even read the itinerary before we booked. :o

I'm really excited about seeing St. Barts.

I'm sure DH will be thrilled when I tell him about all the French Boutique shopping. :D

There is no St. Barts section here on CC.

Anyone have suggestions for nice place for lunch reasonably near cruise dock?

Any really must sees besides a beautiful beach?

This will be our first time there. We've been so many times to most of the islands, it'll be nice to have a new port.

From the google reading I've done, sounds like a very beautiful, high end place to visit.

Thanks if you have any suggestions.

Which date did you book, Sail? I was thinking of the 2/11 and the one following but now I'm thinking of the 1/28 which has a fabulous itinerary. I have been wanting to sail to St. Bart's for years so can't pass this up!

The one that leaves 1/28 stops at all the ports that we love plus St. Barts!

I went to St. Maarten once with three women friends from the island, and we took a ferry over to St. Barts for the day. We had lunch at a fabulous little French restaurant right on the main street...this was in '96, I believe, so too long ago for me to remember the name. The harbor is the prettiest harbor I've ever seen...next to Stockholm...but that's the Swedish influence in St. Barts.

When I was looking for cruises to St. Barts a few years ago, I found the same problem. No board dedicated to that island...I posted on one board and think it was a "miscellaneous Caribbean island" board.

We`ve been there twice. Before it was the hangout for the rich and famous. Very friendly residents. Check out the airport while walking to a nearby beach. Arriving aircraft nose dive over a hill to get on the runway.

Rich

We're booked on April 30..... next month.

A French lunch is definitely what we'll be looking for. From what I have found by googling, sounds like any number of ourstanding restaurants and that is why I ask here for recommendations.... to cut down the list. :)

This is a wonderful itinerary IMO

FLL

HMC

Sea

Tortola

St. Barts

Martinique

Barbados

Grenada,Sea

Bonaire

Curacao

Aruba

Sea

Sea

FLL

I see that you are heading back to the wonderful MS Maasdam! GREAT! If I had known that you were going I would have thought about the Maasdam myself. However, I will be on the 4/11 sailing of the MS Statendam, same itinerary as yours, except missing HMC for Nassau. I would have loved to had the chance to meet you! I hope that you and DH have a wonderful time!:) Say hello to "her" for me!

We're really looking forward to St. Barts, too. I've never been, so I can't reccommend a restaurant, but there are supposed to be a lot of really good ones. Gustavia is supposed to be a beautiful little harbour town; one can walk it in a couple of hours.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Hal Lover....... It would have been fun to finally meet. Would have been such a pleasant surprise. Hope you have a wonderful cruise on Statendam. I will be happy to say hello to her sister for you. :)

Thanks for the suggestions.

Hal Lover....... It would have been fun to finally meet. Would have been such a pleasant surprise. Hope you have a wonderful cruise on Statendam. I will be happy to say hello to her sister for you. :)

One day sail7seas we will meet for sure! After all, you are my mentor! :)

Archived