"LIVE" From the Oasis of the Seas / March 6, 2010

Cruzship21/Dave,

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you everyday. Please live each day to its fullest, and take every cruise you and DW want. I too, will not be wishing for my cruise date to come any faster and savor and enjoy each an every day. May you and your wife have many many happy hours, days, weeks, months and years together!

Neverthought

PS. We don't even sail RCCL...lol, but all cruisers, no matter what line, are wonderful.

>SNIP<

Radio - We are booking the Explorer on May 8th as well.

Radio I hope to meet you on the May 8th cruise. I am a Diamond Member so I will be in the CLUB.

Thanks again for your time. Enjoy the rest of the cruise.

Dave

Well Dave, it looks ike I will have a few friends sailing with me on May 8 (Explorer-Bermuda) :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Radio

;);)

cruise lover 15 - are you doing chemo? That's the only thing i'm afraid of.

I do chemo every other tuesday for three days straight. So my cruise is 4/11/10 which

is my off week from chemo but you still don't feel that great but not bad. I really want

to go to rejuvenate myself and enjoy myself with the horrible struggle. I wish you the best as well with your fight with breast cancer. We can do it.

Radio - omg your pictures are awesome. Now i want to go on the oasis so bad.

The pools look great with alot of space. Lucky you the weather couldn't be perfect.

As always thanks for taking us along on your cruise. The pictures couldn't be better.

They really should pay you because you really make people book a cruise. Lol

where is a picture of you and mrs. Radio i never saw what you guys look like.

When we go in april on the celebrity solistiice we are staying at the yankee clipper.

Everyone please pray i can go on april 11, 2010 i so need this cruise and i heard this ship

is awesome.

Thanks again.

David from new jersey

battling the fight of my life with rectal cancer

lots of prayers going out there for you from a great greek prayer group good luck

Is there enough to do at Maho Beach besides the plane spotting? I figure an hour to an hour and a half should be enough time to take in the planes but what else is in that area to fill out the day?

We were there for about 3 hours. They post a schedule of all the planes landing. Most big planes don't start coming in till about 11 AM or so. Not much to do except lie on the beach, get a suntan, takes lots of pictures, get something to eat or drink at the bar & grill there. It really is exciting to watch the planes come in so close overhead.

I know Radio is out enjoying St. Maarten, but for crying out loud..........we are all sitting here hitting the refresh button waiting for more pictures. ;)

I know right......I am super excited for SXM pics today! :)

My best to both of you. I was diagnosed with breast cancer almost 2 years ago. After surgery, radiation and chemo, I'm back cruising again, and have been for a while. Try to keep a positive outlook, and keep reading Cruise Critic - it helps! I think, sometimes, it's just nice to know you're not the only one.

And, Radio, thanks so much for this thread. I (ALMOST) feel like I'm there!

I agree with you that CC helps a lot. I finished surgery ,chemo and radiation last year and now am enjoying cruising again-even more than before!!

Hello everyone. . ."RCI Network Connection ERROR" has kept me from posting this afternoon.

We are going to dinner now and will provide a post w/lots of pics. . .

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

;);)

Radio

If you get a chance.... I'd love to see photos of the Solarium Cafe and some more of the Solarium itself. Are there tables outside where you can eat (from the Solarium Cafe)?

Really enjoying your blog. We're booked for a back-to-back in Oct. Can't wait.

THANKS for making me drool like Pavlov's dog looking at my cruising future, it just can't get here fast enough!!!!

LOL - ditto! (Love the cruisingwithradio.com website where I can follow your old Freedom of the Seas LIVE thread too! Is it May yet?)

Thank you everyone for sending me your prayers - Cruise critic members have the biggest hearts and are the kindess people. Got my chemo yesterday for 7 hours and I now have the chemo pump hooked up to me for 46 hours. I go back tomorrow and they take out the pump. I get feed chemo from tues thru thursday so it's alot of chemo. I usually get sick

starting tomorrow.

Radio - We are booking the Explorer on May 8th as well.

Dr spoke to me yesterday and there is no cure for me as I am Stage IV and the chemo is

only extending my life as long as possible and I am only 54. She told me to enjoy my life

and do what I like to do. I told her my only hobby is cruising. So I told my wife then we are cruising every two months until the time comes. She said honey whatever you want to do we will do. So as long as I handle my chemo well on my off week from chemo I am cruising alot. If I am going to check out I am going to enjoy every minute and a ship is for me. So Radio I hope to meet you on the May 8th cruise. I am a Diamond Member so I will be in the CLUB.

Thanks again for your time. Enjoy the rest of the cruise.

Dave

You have the right attitude and attitude goes where medicine can't. I am a cancer survivor and support you in your fight. Do all the doctors say and then laugh, smile and enjoy life. You are in my prayers.

Hello everyone. . . Wow we really had a great day. The weather was on our side, and we had nice warm weather with (mostly) sunny skies. The temps got up to about 83F, and there was a cool breeze most of the day.

We got off of the ship by about 830AM, and went to the rental car area up past the Tour buss area. We decided to go over near the Airport now (Maho Beach), since I remember a traffic nightmare occurs in the afternoon.

We arrived at Maho beach early, and hung around awhile, but the larger planes were not scheduled to come in until much later. We swam for a little, and were able to get a few pics from some smaller commuter type aircraft.

We then drove over to Little Divi Bay Resort, which is a very nice resort with a great beach. There is no admission, and you can rent chairs or umbrellas. The drinks are a little high though. We swam there as well, and spent most of our time there, as it was very relaxing, and the water was clear and warm.

We started to head back to the ship, and wanted to drive up to Point Blanche where I was able to take pics of the ship from a very high point. It was high up, but the Emerald Princess was in the way for me to get a great photo of Oasis.

St Maarten is a beautiful place, and I wish I could stay a few days here to see more. The scenery and landscapes are gorgeous, and it seems that around every turn, and over every vista that the scenery gets more beautiful.

Here are a few pics from today. . .More Oasis of the Seas pics tomorrow !

I will try to catch up on any unanswered questions tomorrow. . . I have a lot of notes, and will try to provide accurate answers.

Radio

Welcome to St. Maarten

DSC08797.JPG

Oasis of the Seas is getting a fuel fill up today

DSC08806.JPG

Yes the hull is painted a “light blue” while all surfaces above the hull are white.

DSC08807.JPG

Emerald Princess was with us today at the other pier.

DSC08960.JPG

The water at Maho beach was paradise.

DSC08847.JPG

It seemed to go on forever. . .

DSC08845.JPG

Hey Radio,

Love Love love reading your posts and seeing your pictures. What deck are you on? When you get a chance could you please check out deck 7 for me? Please let me know what is the space between 7164 - 7184? Are the starboard side balconies reserved for non smokers and the port side for smokers? Or is this just by the pool area?

Thanks again. You really area fantastic blogger!!!

ML

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

The Sunset Bar & Grill even lists what time the flights come in. . .

DSC08855.JPG

We couldn’t stay for the big Jets, but it was cool seeing these planes just a few feet up from the beach.

DSC08857.JPG

Sunset Bar & Grill at Maho Beach had great music, and was very cool to visit

DSC08842.JPG

We made it to Little Divi Bay Resort

DSC08912.JPG

We had some great views from here. . . (Downtown Phillipsburg)

DSC08925.JPG

Hey what’s that ship ?

DSC08929.JPG

Incredible photos!! Maho Beach looks so much nicer in your pictures than in some others I've seen... might have to go there! Wondering if we could get to Orient and Maho in the same day. It was nice to see the Emerald Princess too... we were married on her in September of 2007 so she brings back wonderful memories. Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous day in St. Maarten with us all... we are loving it!!

Radio,

Those photos are AMAZING!!! We leave in just over three weeks on the Independence for the Eastern Caribbean, our first cruise to the Eastern Caribbean ports and you photos are making my wait unbearable ;). Fabulous job, are these photos also with your Sony cameras????

Archived