Extra Balcony Furniture

top_frog

Hey All,

Is there a way to get any extra balcony furniture? We have the 1st angle balcony off of the hump (9237) and it looks like it could hold at least 6 chairs and 2 small tables. Hoping to have some of our friends out there with us and it would be best if we all had a seat. Is there anything in the room that we can bring out with us? Haven't sailed yet on X and don't know what they have in the rooms (chairs, small table etc).

Thanks

Jason

Haven't had one of those SR's so I don't know how much more room you have, but if you want extra balcony furniture, ask your steward and they will provide.

Or....do I as I do and sneak next door and steal your neighbor's!

Denny

While not on Celebrity, our last cruise (Mexican Riviera) we requested additional balcony furnishings, and even though the sailing was full, our steward was able to accommodate our request. It doesn't hurt to ask. He had said that he wasn't certain he could get more for us, but he would try. We told him we understood, and whatever happened we would be ok. And we meant it. 20 minutes later he arrived with 2 others, furniture in tow. we tipped all 3 of them! :)

Hey All,

Is there a way to get any extra balcony furniture? We have the 1st angle balcony off of the hump (9237) and it looks like it could hold at least 6 chairs and 2 small tables. Hoping to have some of our friends out there with us and it would be best if we all had a seat. Is there anything in the room that we can bring out with us? Haven't sailed yet on X and don't know what they have in the rooms (chairs, small table etc).

Thanks

Jason

If you search on this board, you will find mixed reports on this. Some people have success when requesting extra balcony furniture; others do not. It all seems to come down to actual furniture availability and whether or not you get a great stateroom attendant.

I've managed to get extra furniture on Celebrity before, but recently they've become more strict on it and on the Solstice Class I don't know how much spare they have (judging by the discussions here on lack of lounge space and chair hogs, but that's another subject altogether).

You can but ask, but I'm just managing your expectations.

Phil

We had one of the huge angled balconies on our Equinox cruise and when we asked our room steward for the foot stools that match the chairs, she said that she couldn't get them for us because we weren't in the right class of room.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll ask when we get onboard and see what happens. If not, I will just ask our friends to bring their chairs over one night. They are only just a few cabins away.

Jason

This was my first time sailing with more than 2 in the cabin, so maybe this is not news to others who have done so:

On the Feb. 21 Solstice sailing, we booked a C1 cabin for 3 of us. In addition to the normal two chairs with footstools and small table, there was an additional chair (presumably because there were 3 of us). This chair did not match the other two, nor did it have a foot stool. I assume they have some extra chairs somewhere to provide for groups of 3 or 4 in a cabin, so I certainly would ask.

Doris

• 3 months later...
Hey All,

Thanks

Jason

Jason,

Now that you've returned, can you update us on whether or not you were able to get extra balcony furniture. Also, how did you like 9237?? Was there a good amount of sun and shade?

Hey All,

Thanks

Jason

Just off the Century (June 15th) and we asked for 2 additional chairs and they were delivered to our room before we got back from the drill on the first evening. They were not the same chairs as were on our balcony, but they served the purpose.

• 2 months later...

Archived