Flight Availability April 2011

rool

Hi all,

I'm keeping a close eye on flights between London and Miami mid April next year during the Easter break.

The only ones that have come up for me so far are Virgin and Thomson (to Sandford) but they are £3000+ for a family of four.

Whilst searching Expedia.com appeared on a search and had indirect flights with US airways, Iberia and Delta for around $700 each but I could not buy them because I live in Ireland.

Is that just life :D or is there a way around it?

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm keeping a close eye on flights between London and Miami mid April next year during the Easter break.

The only ones that have come up for me so far are Virgin and Thomson (to Sandford) but they are £3000+ for a family of four.

Whilst searching Expedia.com appeared on a search and had indirect flights with US airways, Iberia and Delta for around $700 each but I could not buy them because I live in Ireland.

Is that just life :D or is there a way around it?

Thanks

Flight schedules do not usual get released until 10-11 months from when you want to depart. Depends on the airlines.

For April 2011 you are looking at most probably the end of May 2010 for schedules to be released.

We booked our Miami return flights last March through RCCL. They used Virgin. Have to say I didn't enjoy the experience. Now I've always flown BA if possible so not quite sure what I will do next year when I'm looking at something out of FLL.

We booked our Miami return flights last March through RCCL. They used Virgin. Have to say I didn't enjoy the experience. Now I've always flown BA if possible so not quite sure what I will do next year when I'm looking at something out of FLL.

Yes, as I say, Virgin are available but pricey. I also flew them in December to MCO but, like you, didn't enjoy it much. I'm a bit worried about BA in the current political climate. It's the same as Aer Lingus over here, both can have strike action at the drop of a hat.

I'll keep an eye on the search engines and see if there is any way of booking on the US sites.

Yes, as I say, Virgin are available but pricey. I also flew them in December to MCO but, like you, didn't enjoy it much. I'm a bit worried about BA in the current political climate. It's the same as Aer Lingus over here, both can have strike action at the drop of a hat.

I'll keep an eye on the search engines and see if there is any way of booking on the US sites.

As cruisenfever said the schedules aren't all out yet. It's such a nightmare knowing when to book flights and whether to hang on in case they have a sale. I have Air Miles with BA and sometimes booking with them is dearer than booking without!!! I learnt that the hard way :mad:

Do you have access to mobisimo.com or kayak.com (hope I can mention those)? They are sites that will look for airfares for you. Not sure if they would work for travel from Europe to the US, but would think so since they work for travel from US to Europe.

As cruisenfever said the schedules aren't all out yet. It's such a nightmare knowing when to book flights and whether to hang on in case they have a sale. I have Air Miles with BA and sometimes booking with them is dearer than booking without!!! I learnt that the hard way :mad:

That's weird isn't it?. Thanks anyway guys :) , looks like my enthusiasm got the better of me:D

Do you have access to mobisimo.com or kayak.com (hope I can mention those)? They are sites that will look for airfares for you. Not sure if they would work for travel from Europe to the US, but would think so since they work for travel from US to Europe.

Oooh thanks I'll give those a go thumbsup.gif

get over yourself. If you're so thin skinned that you can't handle me pointing out that there really is not an appropriate place for this thread. Maybe you are the one who should leave.

Maybe the OP should have posted his question here on the Cruise Air boards.

Of course on this board it deals with all cruise lines and the OP was just interested in Jewel of the Seas one of the ships in the RCI fleet, which unfortunately he omitted in his original post, but clarified later.:D

Well I can see that it's not specifically related to RCCL - but it's a lot more relevant than some threads people post on here eg. Has anyone used a Kindle reader :confused::confused::confused:

To reiterate what others have said, Virgin do not release their schedules until 11 months before, so I can't see how you can get prices for their flights yet. I would keep an eye open for the BA and Virgin price sales, which crop up from time to time, unfortunately since you're looking to travel to Florida at Easter you will inevitably see some real price hikes over most other times of year.

Well I can see that it's not specifically related to RCCL - but it's a lot more relevant than some threads people post on here eg. Has anyone used a Kindle reader :confused::confused::confused:

To reiterate what others have said, Virgin do not release their schedules until 11 months before, so I can't see how you can get prices for their flights yet. I would keep an eye open for the BA and Virgin price sales, which crop up from time to time, unfortunately since you're looking to travel to Florida at Easter you will inevitably see some real price hikes over most other times of year.

Hi, thanks for the response. I got the Virgin flights prices by doing it as part of a flydrive. It's a good point about the price hikes.

I booked my flights for our Orlando Dec 09 trip on January 1st 2009. Already at that point there was limited availability and prices soared after that, hence being keen to be quick out of the blocks for an Easter trip.

Archived