unique or different things you pack for your cruise

ckr31

Just finished packing for our upcoming cruise. We leave for fort Lauderdale tomorrow yippie is their any think I should pack that would be different and unique that you take for your cruises to make our cruise that much better

Just finished packing for our upcoming cruise. We leave for fort Lauderdale tomorrow yippie is their any think I should pack that would be different and unique that you take for your cruises to make our cruise that much better

My coffeemaker, my Kindle and my netbook. Like my Amex card (though now it's a Princess Visa), won't leave home w/o them. :D

Probably the most unique thing we pack extra are a couple of cordless battery operated candles (2 for $1 during the holidays at the dollar tree, batteries extra). Although they look really nice at night, they have also come in very handy on a couple of sailings during power failures. ;) We could pack a little flashlight, but these have a double use so aren't just along for the ride. :)

We always pack a set of walkie-talkies. The ship is large and we often want to do different things. I like to go to the gym in the am and my DH likes to sleep in. When I'm done, I call up and get his order from the International Cafe. Works really well in ports too. I'm a shopper and he's a sight-seer. ;)

We always pack a "over the door holder" for the bathroom. I hate messy cabins. We also ususally pack my dvd player for the times I cant' sleep. Last cruise I brought a great movie that dh got me for x-mas. Its 168 hrs long so no worries about finishing it unless its a Loooong cruise! We also pack a wine bottle opener and a cork. I hate flat wine. We also pack our snorkel equpment.

PIA1913 - what kind of coffee maker to you pack? I've looked for a small one to take with me but so far I haven't found anything small enough that I would be able to pack.

I don't pack it but we also usually order. Wine for our first day. A bon voyage salute. And snacks. We also stop at the store before we board for several 12 packs of ginger ale as we always order a bottle of Tanqrey for our cabin. I love to be able to have a drink while we dress for dinner. It is the only time I ever get to have a drink before dinner and for me it means I'm cruising!!!!!!

PIA1913 - what kind of coffee maker to you pack? I've looked for a small one to take with me but so far I haven't found anything small enough that I would be able to pack.

!

I have a one cup Melitta. It's very old; probably discontinued years ago. I occasionally see one pop up on Ebay. You'll know which one because it uses #1 cone filters.

Probably the most unique thing we pack extra are a couple of cordless battery operated candles (2 for $1 during the holidays at the dollar tree, batteries extra). Although they look really nice at night, they have also come in very handy on a couple of sailings during power failures. ;) We could pack a little flashlight, but these have a double use so aren't just along for the ride. :)

I second that. I pack one larger candle and several tealight size candles. They are great for hotels as well. I love them - so many uses.

We also bring our own snorkel gear.

A collapsible laundry hamper to set in the corner of the closet for soiled clothing.

I do the battery operated tea light, too, for the bathroom at night. I hate having to turn on the bright light if I have to use the "facilities" during the night.

We always pack a set of walkie-talkies. The ship is large and we often want to do different things. I like to go to the gym in the am and my DH likes to sleep in. When I'm done, I call up and get his order from the International Cafe. Works really well in ports too. I'm a shopper and he's a sight-seer. ;)

I'm considering these. Do you recommend a specific one?

I have a one cup Melitta. It's very old; probably discontinued years ago. I occasionally see one pop up on Ebay. You'll know which one because it uses #1 cone filters.

We're considering a one stainless steel measuring cup, immersion heater and a Melitta #2. Just wondering, do they keep coffee mugs in the Inside Staterooms? If so, we just need the filter and heating coil and coffee of course.

Can anyone recommend some small powerful binoculars?

I take my buckwheat travel pillow.

I second that. I pack one larger candle and several tealight size candles. They are great for hotels as well. I love them - so many uses.

We also bring our own snorkel gear.

batery operated ones are a good idea. real candles are prohibited and a serious fire hazard. the biggest fear on a ship is a fire .

I pack (in my checked luggage) a sharp knife...to use to cut up fresh fruit in our cabin for drinks/eating. The steward is only allowed to bring a standard dinner knife...and it really is hard to cut oranges/lemons/limes with it. I also pack a cork screw cause we drink Wine. Also several zip lock bags......because we love to have cheese with Wine during cocktail time in our cabin. I usually get a HUGE plate full of an assortment of cheese from the buffet to bring to the cabin. The zip-lock bags keep the cheese nice and moist for a couple of days.

I also pack our portable speakers and IPod, which all fits in a folding travel case that has a hook and can be hung up.

I pack some sort of 'decoration' for our cabin door...makes it so much easier to find our cabin.

I also pack 2 insulated cups with lids (large) to use at the pool....keeps cold tea/water/lemonade cooler while we hang out at the pool. Also in the AM..keeps the coffee/hot tea nice and warm as we walk round the ship enjoying the sunrise.

I use a small flat clear plastic fishing tackle case(no handle ones) which has divider-slots to hold my jewelry in. It is flat and small and will fit in the cabin safe. That way my necklaces will not be jumbled up all together and my earrings each have a slot of their own.

Archived