Have questions about the 10 day-cruise?

monakayk

:confused: What nights are Formal nights on Emerald Princess 10 day-cruise on the Eastern Caribbean?

:confused: What night is the Past Passenger Party held?

:confused: What night is the Caribbean/Tropical Party on the pool deck held?

:confused:Will the seafood buffet be available on the 1st night on the Emerald?

Any other info about the 10 day cruise would be greatly appreciated. We have only been on 7 day cruises before and not sure after the 7th day what goes on.

Thanks!

The seafood buffet is usually held on sailaway but has been hit and miss. ;)

So I gather they might not be on our particular cruise on the Emerald that time or year? How can I find out if our cruise will have the seafood buffet?:confused:

So I gather they might not be on our particular cruise on the Emerald that time or year? How can I find out if our cruise will have the seafood buffet?:confused:

You won't know until you get there. As another poster said, it has been hit and miss on the Princess ships.

Janette

You won't know until you get there. As another poster said, it has been hit and miss on the Princess ships.

Janette

Agreed. We had the seafood buffet on the Ruby this past Feb (but didn't make it there so can't comment on what it was). But didn't have it on the CB in October. It seems that it's not a regular occurance anymore.

:confused: What nights are Formal nights on Emerald Princess 10 day-cruise on the Eastern Caribbean?

Usually sea days. The first one near the start of the cruise and the second near the end but not on the first or last nights on board.

:confused: What night is the Past Passenger Party held?

There were several parties scheduled and pax were invited to one of them. An invitation was left in the stateroom a few days prior. Because of so many they break up the group.

:confused: What night is the Caribbean/Tropical Party on the pool deck held?

On the Ruby last month they had a white party on deck one night after being in port that day. This has replaced the tropical party. Everyone was encouraged to wear white.

:confused:Will the seafood buffet be available on the 1st night on the Emerald?

This is hit or miss so you will know when you get there.

Any other info about the 10 day cruise would be greatly appreciated. We have only been on 7 day cruises before and not sure after the 7th day what goes on.

Thanks!

Have a great cruise.

Formal nights: first sea day (either second day of the cruise, or the day after Princess Cays, depending on itinerary), and the last sea day (if you have two sea days at the end, it will be the second to last one).

Past Passenger party: final formal night. There will be several parties/times, and you will receive an invite to one, usually depending on what dining seating you have.

Tropical party: we have seen it held on the last "island" night (in our case, Grenada and St. Kitts days) before the sea days/Princess Cays on the return back to FLL.

Seafood buffet: alive and well, but that may change before you cruise. Check for reports closer to your date, they'll be more useful.

• 6 months later...

:confused::confused::confused: OK---I will bring this thread up again, cause I know now there has been a cruise completed in Sept. on the Emerald for the 10 days.

So can anyone tell me more about the entrees in the MDR for dinner served on the extra 3 days?

Also, what nights are formal nights?

What night will the Tropical party on the pool deck be on?

How was the entertainment on your cruise on the Emerald?

What night was the past passenger party?

Any patters out there that we can see for the 10 days on the Emerald cruise?

On my Crown Princess cruise last month, there were several past passenger parties held over several different evenings. What you are asking isn't set in stone but can vary according to the itinerary, number of past passengers onboard, and Captain's choice. I went to the seafood buffet on the Crown and was very disappointed. Small lobster claws so there was little meat in them, no tails, over-cooked breaded shrimp, etc. I would never go again.

We're on the Emerald Eastern Caribbean leaving on October 19th. According to the coordinator of our 'meet and great' (and she has been in touch with Princess) the formal nights are on the first and third days at sea.

PaminLA....did they have scallops? Oysters? Crabcakes...things you ordinarly associate with a seafood buffet? I am asking for my DH..the only skinny, non smoking food hound I know. Did they have it on the first night? And I have some of your posts on different types of dining on Princess...what do you think of Club Caribe? I understand it is themed...and I would assume it is on the same deck as the Buffet or is part of the buffet..done different at night? Thanks.I also hope the Crown Princess does not make us stand in the sun with life jackets on..please say it is so...that we go to the lobby or such.

PaminLA....did they have scallops? Oysters? Crabcakes...things you ordinarly associate with a seafood buffet? I am asking for my DH..the only skinny, non smoking food hound I know. Did they have it on the first night? And I have some of your posts on different types of dining on Princess...what do you think of Club Caribe? I understand it is themed...and I would assume it is on the same deck as the Buffet or is part of the buffet..done different at night? Thanks.I also hope the Crown Princess does not make us stand in the sun with life jackets on..please say it is so...that we go to the lobby or such.
I didn't see scallops, oysters or crabcakes. :( And, I don't know if they had it on the first night. We normally eat in the late Traditional seating but decided on the third formal night to eat more casually. It happened to be the seafood buffet.

The Cafe Caribe is just an extension of the buffet area towards the back (aft) of the ship. If you get your food from the Horizon Court, you can carry it there and find a table. They have a lot of tables for two. Often, if the Horizon Court is busy, it's relatively easy to find a table in the Cafe Caribe because most don't think of going there. It's on the other side of the elevator bank so it's easy to get to. You just go through a door.

The food area of the Cafe Caribe is a lot smaller than in the Horizon Court and is set up in a "line" arrangement rather than the "stations" in the HC. At breakfast, you'll find some the same food as in the HC but not as much variety. At lunch, there's a "theme" with some food offered according to the theme. I didn't eat there at all for lunch during my cruise although my sister did and said it was excellent.

Take a look at the deck plans and you'll see what I mean about it being an extension of the main buffet area. I almost always sit there even if I get food from the Horizon Court.

Having just returned from a 10 day cruise on the Emerald Princes, I can tell you the first sea day was formal. There was no seafood buffet on sail-away The Horizon Court buffet is only open for breakfast and lunch. The Caribe is open for breakfast, lunch, and then for dinner. We ate there a few nights to save time and was very pleased with the selection and quality that was offered. The tables were all set with candles, clothe place mats, the waiters took care of your drinks, bar service was available also, in my opinion that made eating there more than just your average buffet. Later in the evening the Caribe had a selection of soup, salads pasta, meat... usually something that was served earlier in the main dining rooms, fresh fruit, tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole, and how can I forget all the wonderful deserts

Thanks to the OP for posting your questions! I like to know as much in advance as possible, too. We will be on the 10-night Emerald Thanksgiving cruise and I am having fun trying to plan what I am going to wear, where and when. I also would love to see recent 10-night Patters, if anyone has them.

Princess does not have oysters.

what do you think of Club Caribe? I understand it is themed...and I would assume it is on the same deck as the Buffet or is part of the buffet..done different at night? Don't get too hung up on the "themed" part. Although several of the dishes will follow that theme there will also be several non-themed items. Kind of think about it as similar to the MD dining room with it's "Always Available" selections.

Thanks.I also hope the Crown Princess does not make us stand in the sun with life jackets on..please say it is so...that we go to the lobby or such. OH HEAVENS NO! :eek: Princess will have you muster at one of the cool lounges inside the ship and you DO NOT put on that Life Jacket until instructed to by your coordinator.

see above in red

Archived