Have questions about the 10 day-cruise?

monakayk

We're on the Emerald Eastern Caribbean leaving on October 19th. According to the coordinator of our 'meet and great' (and she has been in touch with Princess) the formal nights are on the first and third days at sea.

Capriccio, Pam, Lady 45,

Thank you for your VERY KIND answers to my questions about formal night, etc . Your replies were very helpful.

Lady 45, If you have any of the Patters from your cruise....it would be very nice to view them, if possible. Can you remember what night Tropical Night/pool deck party was? Thanks so much for your help!

Thanks to the OP for posting your questions! I like to know as much in advance as possible, too. We will be on the 10-night Emerald Thanksgiving cruise and I am having fun trying to plan what I am going to wear, where and when. I also would love to see recent 10-night Patters, if anyone has them.

metairiegal,

I feel the same way as you...that is why I posted my questions.

• 2 weeks later...
My DW does not want to know what they have or have not,etc,etc,even tours she leaves up to me as a surprise.She enjoys things as they happen and that makes her happy!The element of surprise!:)

Thats nice, but some of us like to know what to expect. That is why I have posted on this tread so I can get info.

For those who have sailed on the Emerald....I have read such negative reviews-mainly about the staff being lazy etc, that it may affect our decision to cruise on her. I realize you can't please all the people all the time, but, there have been a number of negative reviews recently. I would love to hear from those who have sailed on her recently that have had positive experiences!!

Thanks.

For those who have sailed on the Emerald....I have read such negative reviews-mainly about the staff being lazy etc, that it may affect our decision to cruise on her. I realize you can't please all the people all the time, but, there have been a number of negative reviews recently. I would love to hear from those who have sailed on her recently that have had positive experiences!!

Thanks.

We sailed on the Emerald twice last year and at all times the staff was wonderful.

On the second sailing, 7 months after the first, the room steward we had the first time saw us walking in the hallway, remembered us, and greeted us (with a smile) by name.

Mona, Some of us are planners and some are not, my DH say's he feels like he has already been there by the time we get somewhere, because I have researched it to death. I am like you I want to get the most out of my vacation.

Mona, Some of us are planners and some are not, my DH say's he feels like he has already been there by the time we get somewhere, because I have researched it to death. I am like you I want to get the most out of my vacation.

Thanks....I am glad I am not the only one who likes to plan stuff and not 'fly by the seat of their pants' (or cruise in this case). :D

You are going to love the 10 day cruise. Those 3 days make a huge difference, in my opinion. 7 day are over and done way too fast. You'll be able to relax and enjoy your cruise much more.

So can you share some of the extra entertainment productions they do on a 10 day cruise? :confused:

So can you share some of the extra entertainment productions they do on a 10 day cruise? :confused:

The number of different production shows on a cruise of any legth is limited by the number of different production shows that the dancers and singers have been trained for and for which the production sets exist on board.

The number is they do is also based on the Cruise Director's desires.

We have been on a ten day cruise where there were four different production shows (Cruise Director said he wanted to keep the staff busy).

We have been on a fourteen day cruise when there were only two production shows.

The other nights on all length cruises will be filled in with the usual assortment of singers, hypnotists, comedians, ventriloquists and jugglars.

Archived