'Dream' missed Roatan today 3/9/10

drsullivan

Dream missed Roatan today. Mahogany Bay is a very tight squeeze and obviously we don't go to Coxen Hole....so we are back at sea and EVERYBODY is on deck....disappointed since we had a private snorkel and zip line tour......

Dream missed Roatan today. Mahogany Bay is a very tight squeeze and obviously we don't go to Coxen Hole....so we are back at sea and EVERYBODY is on deck....disappointed since we had a private snorkel and zip line tour......

drsullivan,

Why? Weather, high seas, or ?

So sorry to hear, that was my favorite port. I can imagine there are many that are not too happy. They better start dishing out some free drinks or something quick.

Yeah right.:( Been there, done that (Glory skipped it in Jan. due to "rough seas"). They don't give you squat, except an earful about "how fortunate you are that the captain made a brave decision".

I'd be interested in seeing what percentage of stops in Roatan are canceled (like airline on time percentage is reported). I've seen some people have been talking about Mohogany Bay having issues with ships not being able to dock and possibly needing to be redredged.

I know Grand Cayman seems to get canceled a lot too, but the rough seas seem to be mostly in Winter.

I'd be interested in seeing what percentage of stops in Roatan are canceled (like airline on time percentage is reported). I've seen some people have been talking about Mohogany Bay having issues with ships not being able to dock and possibly needing to be redredged.

I know Grand Cayman seems to get canceled a lot too, but the rough seas seem to be mostly in Winter.

I'm curious too. The ships all have to back into the cove here and that's pretty tricky, since the channel and cove are very narrow. The bottom is pretty silty so I'm sure the shallowness of the cove makes any current generated by the wind that much stronger and there's no real outlet for dispersion.

I understand the facility at MBCC will close down if ships can't dock and even if your ship is able to dock in Coxen Hole, neither Carnival nor Princess will shuttle you up to MBCC for the day. That's gotta hurt the bottom line and the local economy if it happens frequently.

Yeah right.:( Been there, done that (Glory skipped it in Jan. due to "rough seas"). They don't give you squat, except an earful about "how fortunate you are that the captain made a brave decision".

you didnt even get $20 OBC pp?

I think with all the mishaps the CCL Captains have had in the last couple of months they are taking the old saying of Better to be safe than sorry!

Bill

I wish I could be on board to see how many people are screaming how this ruined their vacation, this was the cruise from hell and how they'd never sail Carnival again and that Carnival should be shut down.

I know how disappointing that must be as we missed Roatan on our Nov 08 Glory cruise. We actually docked - sat on the ship for what seemed a long time - then the 'announcements' started - seems there was 'civil unrest' on the island and after sitting there for about 1 hr - the decision was made to leave - so we got an extra sea day!!! Yes I was glad we were safe but had my heart set on seeing the island.

I was thrilled on my recent Valor Cruise that we finally made it!!!...and it is a lovely island!

Wow, no kidding - not even an OBC? Hmmmm - Carnival needs to be listening to us here on the forums.

I know, personally, we are most excited about going to Roatan on our sailing in May and will not be happy if they miss it. Of course I'll get over it quickly, but still, Carnival SHOULD at least be giving us OBC when this happens.

just my 2 cents.

Wow, no kidding - not even an OBC? Hmmmm - Carnival needs to be listening to us here on the forums.

I know, personally, we are most excited about going to Roatan on our sailing in May and will not be happy if they miss it. Of course I'll get over it quickly, but still, Carnival SHOULD at least be giving us OBC when this happens.

just my 2 cents.

just my 2 cents.

They will be getting their port charges back in the form of an OBC. I hope that is what you are talking about. Carnival does not owe them anymore than that.

oh, and as long as they did not come over the speaker and say "since we are not going to the island please get dressed for work and report to your desk" I would just go with the flow...........

Please don't feed this line to John Heald:D:D

I wish I could be on board to see how many people are screaming how this ruined their vacation, this was the cruise from hell and how they'd never sail Carnival again and that Carnival should be shut down.

That is funny as hell!! :D

I experienced that one time when Grand Caymen got cancelled....but we got an OBC of whatever the port charges were for that port...

So sorry to hear, that was my favorite port. I can imagine there are many that are not too happy. They better start dishing out some free drinks or something quick.

Few years ago we were on Disney Wonder , the Captain tried many times to get the ship into Castaway Cay..But it was too windy that it would have done damage to the ship....Everyone was refunded for whatever excursion they paid for....Then they boozed everyone up!!! No really they did! They had on quite a few decks where they were handing out free drinks and tables were set up with bartenders for about an hour or so.....Yeah I did take advantage of that! Hubby thought I was kidding when I came back to the cabins with 3 drinks and told him they were free!

But it definatly gave us the excuse that we need to cruise again!

Its unforunate but not too much you can do!!!

At least your not at home!

Archived