Hilton Molino Stucky convenient for 1 night pre cruise?

happy_travellers

Hi, I have stayed at the Molino Stucky and it is a beautiful hotel but it is across the water ( lagoon) from St Marks Sq. However they do have their own boat to take you across to St Marks, and they drop you off and pick you up more or less in front of the Bauer Hotel. It takes maybe 15 min to get there by boat and they have a schedule but I am not sure that I remember what it was. It seemed simple at the time. I think I read somewhere that there is a vaporetto stop at the Molino also, but I can't say that I know that for sure.If you have looked online at the photos of the hotel, I can tell you it is exactly how it looks in the photos and it is only a few years old.I have heard good thing about the food there too, but other than breakfast I didn't eat there so I can't say. If you don't mind a 15 min or so boat ride to the main part of Venice, then I'd say go for it.. pj:)

We booked the Molino for our honeymoon and couldn't be more excited! Go on trip advisor and type in the hotel name if you need some reassurance. Nothing but rave reviews. Another tip - we booked it on Hotwire.com and the hotel was $145.00 us per night.

Good Luck

Jarrod

You will love the Molino Stucky. It was an old flour mill, restored, now a beautiful hotel. The hotel has a private water taxi to take you across the Giudecca canal, 10 minutes at the most. There is a pool on the roof with a great view of venice. The buffet breakfast is pricey but you can get coffee,fresh squeezed OJ and croissants in the lobby bar for 8 euros. There are several good reasonably priced restaurants very near where the water taxi lets you off. I booked on Priceline for $142 a night. Also, if you are arriving from the airport, the Alilaguna stops right at the hotel for $15 euros a person.

584220810_venice2009038.jpg.c6b29e3f2c4fe8d83f077762dbb6ac12.jpg

2101544596_venice2009042.jpg.01aec42e072a8166688982f4cfa3e8a3.jpg

1548984025_venice2009052.jpg.19842d8ed1e2d1abd872dad3d5204a0a.jpg

Hi Carolyn. Can you please give a little more detail regarding the transportation from the airport to Molino Stucky? I thought the only transportation that would take you right to the hotel was a private water taxi.:confused: Thanks.

Hi Carolyn. Can you please give a little more detail regarding the transportation from the airport to Molino Stucky? I thought the only transportation that would take you right to the hotel was a private water taxi.:confused: Thanks.

http://www.alilaguna.it will give you the info you need. The downside is that it takes 90 minutes. There are 2 routes. the red and the blue. 1 or the other runs every 1/2 hour. Also,if there are a bunch of planes at once, you may have to wait.

There are other options but after a long flight, I would try to share a water taxi.

You can find someone to share with on your roll call or right at the water taxi desk at the airport. They take up to 6 and will go to more than 1 hotel.

There are other options but after a long flight, I would try to share a water taxi.

You can find someone to share with on your roll call or right at the water taxi desk at the airport. They take up to 6 and will go to more than 1 hotel.

We plan to take the water taxi even if it's just the 2 of us -- already built it into the budget. Really don't want 1 1/2 hour more added on to our already 14+ hours of travel time.:eek:

We are staying at the Hilton Molino Stucky for 1 night pre-cruise in May. From everything I have read, it seems like a beautiful hotel.

As far as transportation from the airport, you can take the alilaguna for about 15 euro, or if you prefer, you can buy a "shared private water taxi" online for 27 euro and it will take 6-8 passengers. It drops off directly at the Hilton Molino Stucky. Here is the link:

http://www.venicelink.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_biglietti&product_id=54&category_id=10&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&lang=english

We are staying at the Hilton Molino Stucky for 1 night pre-cruise in May. From everything I have read, it seems like a beautiful hotel.

As far as transportation from the airport, you can take the alilaguna for about 15 euro, or if you prefer, you can buy a "shared private water taxi" online for 27 euro and it will take 6-8 passengers. It drops off directly at the Hilton Molino Stucky. Here is the link:

http://www.venicelink.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_biglietti&product_id=54&category_id=10&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&lang=english

Have you used this service before? How long does it take to get to the Hotel Molino Stucky from the airport?

Is this shared service available in the opposite direction (ie Hilton to the airport)?

Yes, if you go on to the website provided you can buy tickets for service from the airport IN to the city OR from OUT of the city to the airport or Both.

I have lived on these boards for weeks now, debating about staying at the Hilton (free gift on someoneslse's rewards) for our night before cruise. Did not want to pay 100 euros for us 2 to get there by private water taxi. Did not want to haul us on bus, on vaparetto and wait for their transfer boat. Did not want to spend 90 minutes on public boat. This is the first I've seen anything on how to get to Hilton for this price and that quickly and easily without breaking the bank. Not even their website refers to VeniceLink. If it has been on the boards before, cannot imagine how I missed it. Thank you Kerri for posting the link and Earl for posting time of trip.

As to the original question regarding convenience, this is not the most "convenient" hotel. But having stayed at 20 or so hotels in Venice--we've been fortunate to be able to spend a lot of time there--I can recommend the Hilton Molino Stucky. If you want something closer to St. Mark's Square to maximize time, my favorite are the Locando Orseolo and the Metropole (and most of the hotels we have stayed at are in that area). The rates I see listed here for the Hilton Molino Stucky are excellent considering the weak dollar, the high cost of hotels in Venice, and the fact that this is a 5-star. So you're really going to have to make the call to see if the $$ or the location is most important to you.

Have a great trip,

Donna

I have lived on these boards for weeks now, debating about staying at the Hilton (free gift on someoneslse's rewards) for our night before cruise. Did not want to pay 100 euros for us 2 to get there by private water taxi. Did not want to haul us on bus, on vaparetto and wait for their transfer boat. Did not want to spend 90 minutes on public boat. This is the first I've seen anything on how to get to Hilton for this price and that quickly and easily without breaking the bank. Not even their website refers to VeniceLink. If it has been on the boards before, cannot imagine how I missed it. Thank you Kerri for posting the link and Earl for posting time of trip.
Who quoted you 100 Euros for a private water taxi to the ship? My husband and I went last May and paid 50 Euros for a private water taxi from the Hilton Molino Stucky to our ship. We found another couple to split it with on our roll call so paid 12.50 Euros each. On our outbound to the hotel, we found someone to split with too. The price noted for Venicelink.com is comparable when you look at the cost per person.

I've talked about this before and hate to repeat it, but if you want convenient transfers in Venice, you'll have to pay for them. I think a lot of passengers who talk about using the vaporettos to haul their luggage have not done it. I have and will not do it again. The vaporettos are not free either. By the time you pay for tickets for the two of you, the boat perrsonnel are technically supposed to charge you extra for every piece of luggage above one each (this is not usually enforced, but you never know). Also, if the boats are full--and believe me when I tell you I have seen this a lot--the boat captains will not let you on, and you'll have to wait for the next one. And the next one is full too .... And then you're hauling said luggage over bridges and cussing your spouse LOL (this was the case with another couple we traveled with last year). That's not how I want to spend my vacation. Private water taxi rides are a joy with the wonderful views.

So I wouldn't rule the Hilton Molino Stucky out due to the cost of transfers from airport and to the ship, but for those who just have one night, this may not be the best location due to time constraints.

Have a great trip,

Donna

Who quoted you 100 Euros for a private water taxi to the ship? My husband and I went last May and paid 50 Euros for a private water taxi from the Hilton Molino Stucky to our ship. We found another couple to split it with on our roll call so paid 12.50 Euros each. On our outbound to the hotel, we found someone to split with too. The price noted for Venicelink.com is comparable when you look at the cost per person.

I've talked about this before and hate to repeat it, but if you want convenient transfers in Venice, you'll have to pay for them. I think a lot of passengers who talk about using the vaporettos to haul their luggage have not done it. I have and will not do it again. The vaporettos are not free either. By the time you pay for tickets for the two of you, the boat perrsonnel are technically supposed to charge you extra for every piece of luggage above one each (this is not usually enforced, but you never know). Also, if the boats are full--and believe me when I tell you I have seen this a lot--the boat captains will not let you on, and you'll have to wait for the next one. And the next one is full too .... And then you're hauling said luggage over bridges and cussing your spouse LOL (this was the case with another couple we traveled with last year). That's not how I want to spend my vacation. Private water taxi rides are a joy with the wonderful views.

So I wouldn't rule the Hilton Molino Stucky out due to the cost of transfers from airport and to the ship, but for those who just have one night, this may not be the best location due to time constraints.

Have a great trip,

Donna

Original poster here. I keep coming back to the Stucky, not sure if it is the history of the building or what the draw is.

I am thinking that we would only be making two trips across the Lagoon one the evening we arrive and then the next morning. With this thought the inconvenience would be minimal but would the views from the top deck be worth it? Seems like it is fairly convenient to the cruise terminal for a good price ( convenience and price always go together). I have never used priceline ect so the price that I can get with breakfast was not 140 usd but it was a fairly good deal given hotel prices in Venice.

Thanks , Karen

After finding VeniceLink, we’ve booked the Hilton for 50,000 points (not mine). To get there from the airport, at worst it will cost 54 euro for shared taxi, making a few other stops. At best, we will find someone at the airport to share a direct 100 euro private taxi. Next day it appears private water taxi to the cruise terminal will be 60 euro, but I feel certain we will find someone at the Hilton also going to the cruise terminal to share private taxi. Having been to Venice several times, the idea of “seeing” Venice from the Hilton rooftop and exploring the supposedly uncrowded streets of the island, sounds appealing for a one night after long flight. I often wonder how much of the world I would have missed and how much it would have cost to miss it if it weren’t for CC and TA boards. Thank you all.

Original poster here. I keep coming back to the Stucky, not sure if it is the history of the building or what the draw is.

I am thinking that we would only be making two trips across the Lagoon one the evening we arrive and then the next morning. With this thought the inconvenience would be minimal but would the views from the top deck be worth it? Seems like it is fairly convenient to the cruise terminal for a good price ( convenience and price always go together). I have never used priceline ect so the price that I can get with breakfast was not 140 usd but it was a fairly good deal given hotel prices in Venice.

Thanks , Karen

The views from the top deck where the pool is located are wonderful. That's a really nice addition to the Hilton Molino Stucky and is quite a gem. The shuttle schedule is convenient, but just watch for the dinner break in the evening. (It's quite a bit later than our dinner breaks in the U.S.) Other than that, the shuttle drops you off right at the square, so it's convenient. If your breakfast is included like ours was (we used Hilton points), it's very nice as well.

Donna

I'd be curious to know how several posters have gotten their daily rates so low for this hotel.

I'm looking for a week in Oct 2010 and I'm seeing $500USD/night as the lowest rate available??

If this hotel is worth that much, we'll pay for it, but it would be alot nicer to get the $145 rate that some posters have posted. ;)

I'd be curious to know how several posters have gotten their daily rates so low for this hotel.

I'm looking for a week in Oct 2010 and I'm seeing $500USD/night as the lowest rate available

Several people have mentioned priceline and bidding for a price, others have booked there using Hilton points.

I'm looking for a week in Oct 2010 and I'm seeing $500USD/night as the lowest rate available??

If this hotel is worth that much, we'll pay for it, but it would be alot nicer to get the $145 rate that some posters have posted. ;)

Poster #4 said Priceline. The Hilton site has just put a Spring Sale with Breakfast at just under 300.00US which I thought was very good rate compared to the original prices I saw for this hotel.

Still trying to decide! Karen

We stayed at the Hilton Molino Stucky 1 night last year post-cruise, using Hilton Points. We spent 2 nights pre-cruise in a small place just 3 minutes' walk from St. Mark's Square, the "Locanda Correr". We stayed in the cheapest room they had, (from Rick Steves' recommendation, our cost was 120 Euros/night). We thought staying near the "heart" of Venice was totally worth it, we spent hours wandering around the maze of canals and bridges, arriving back to our hotel exhausted but happy. We originally planned on purchasing a 2-day vaporetto pass, but opted not to, as we had too much fun walking and wandering around.

The Hilton is a very nice hotel, the shuttle boat they offer was not the most convenient, but the vaporetto service was very reliable, but not that close to the Hilton. You have to haul your luggage up and down several sets of stairs over the canals to get there. We also found that there were limited dining choices on the small island there, but lucked out and found a wonderful pizza place right by the vaporetto stop. We thought the dining options at the hotel were all outrageously priced. We are "cheapskates" and used the vaporetto from the Hilton to the main bus terminal, which is also where you catch the shuttle bus to the cruise dock. Speaking of which, there is very poor signage related to the cruise busses, like NONE!

To find the cruise ships' shuttles, walk along the sidewalk past all the little vendor booths set up, opposite the actual bus terminal building, and that's where they'll be. We sailed on Royal Carribean Splendour of the Seas last year (first cruise ever!), and a bus pulled up, with no signage, and that turned out to be our bus. Go figure! We could tell it wasn't a "City Bus" but that's the only thing that gave us a clue. Maybe your ship's busses will have better signage.

There are several little coffee shops, "bars" and bakeries near the bus station vaporetto stop, and we had a delightful, inexpensive breakfast there upon checking out of the Hilton. It is cheaper to grab something at the counter than to sit at a table, just FYI. (Did I mention we are cheapskates???)

When we arrived in Venice, we took the Alilaguna boat, the "local" vs. the "express" (a bit cheaper), since we weren't in any hurry and we totally enjoyed the views from the water and got a good overview of the entire lagoon.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time in Venice!

Marcie

I'm staying one night post-cruise at the Hilton in early October. Got it through Priceline @ $170 plus taxes. It's also on Hotwire at the moment for $185 plus taxes. The price does fluctuate each day but I haven't seen the $145 rate recently.

help for a priceline/hotwire newbie.....how do you know for sure it's the Hilton when they don't post the names of the hotel. Do you go by stars or narrow your search to a certain area or what?! I would like to get in on these savings!

Archived