How does one contact specific posters privately?

Choinski

How does one contact specific posters privately? It looks like you can 'freind' them but I don't see a way to send a message without divulging contact info to the internet public.

I'm looking for BBnn, the New Zealanders who might be interested in Dinner reservations on Eurodam May 9

I'm looking for DutchByAssociation, who might be able to steer me in the right direction in HAL offices regarding corporate sponsorships and charitable giving.

Thx.

How does one contact specific posters privately? It looks like you can 'freind' them but I don't see a way to send a message without divulging contact info to the internet public.

I'm looking for BBnn, the New Zealanders who might be interested in Dinner reservations on Eurodam May 9

I'm looking for DutchByAssociation, who might be able to steer me in the right direction in HAL offices regarding corporate sponsorships and charitable giving.

Thx.

For BBnn I have no idea other than a Thread stating LOOKING FOR BBnn PLEASE READ

For DBA

:

dutchbyassociation@gmail.com

Joanie

If they haven't posted an email address (as I have in my signature) there is no way to contact them other than what Joanie suggested. When posting an email address, most people create a new one that can easily be discarded if problems arise, and set it up as a link that is not as readily detected by spammer's "bots" (as I have), or break it up such as jjones at yahoo dot com.

The best place to send them a "please email me" message is on the Roll Call which you have already joined.

Why doesn't this site have a PM system ? It would alleviate a lot of problems
They don't want a lot of off-board information being exchanged. They want all members to have the benefit of what you know.

I participate on a number of Internet forums from personal interests like cruising to my professional psychology forums. Some have the ability to communicate off the board through PM some do not. Some of the ones that don't have PM even go as far as to prohibit the posting of any contact information. Some of those that permit contact go as far as to provide a private message section on the board so that emails don't have to be exchanged. I'd say CC falls somewhere in the middle, not as restrictive as some, not as accommodating as others.

Thx.

I'd go to the Roll Call threads if they're on the same cruise as you, they should be there and you can enter a "here's my e-mail address, BBnn, please contact me re: dinner together.":)

I participate on a number of Internet forums from personal interests like cruising to my professional psychology forums. Some have the ability to communicate off the board through PM some do not. Some of the ones that don't have PM even go as far as to prohibit the posting of any contact information. Some of those that permit contact go as far as to provide a private message section on the board so that emails don't have to be exchanged. I'd say CC falls somewhere in the middle, not as restrictive as some, not as accommodating as others.

I am interested in the Professional Psychology forums .I never heard of this . I began my academic career as an Industrial Psychologist .

I am interested in the Professional Psychology forums .I never heard of this . I began my academic career as an Industrial Psychologist .

I use a number. Here's one: http://psychology-forum.com/professional-practice-and-educational-forum . Another is: http://www.socialpsychology.org/forums/professional/?read=552 . My interest and practice is mostly clinical psychology with some organizational psych so I don't have any links on industrial psych.

I'd go to the Roll Call threads if they're on the same cruise as you, they should be there and you can enter a "here's my e-mail address, BBnn, please contact me re: dinner together.":)
They already have been in contact on the Roll Call. On Feb 19 BBnn said "Hey Choinski, I wonder if you are interested in making it 4 for a Rijsttafel at the Tamarind, I was going to book for day 4 out from Corfu for my hus and myself watcha say? We are 2 kiwis from... "

Well, I ended up doing that. I just didn't want to publicly post email.

Thx.

DutchByAssociation has his email address in his signature area, just go find one of his post. I don't know about the OP.

Well, I ended up doing that. I just didn't want to publicly post email.

Choinski, you could just set up a "throw-away" Yahoo or Hotmail account and post that.

Choinski...Cow Princess suggestion is the best way...

You can set up a special Yahoo just for cruise critic posters.. You could do the same as I do & use your Cruise Critic sign in..It's easy & Yahoo is free..

[/size][/font]

No one on Cruise Critic except administration or a few good Friends, knows my regular email address..

However I set up an e-mail address on Yahoo just for Cruise Critic members to contact me for the info I've collected in setting up a HAL Meet & Great on-board..

Only those on Cruise Critic use this e-mail plus some Spammers..Mine happens to be serendipity1499 @ yahoo.com (no space between 9 @ & yahoo.. Posted it this way to deter the auto computer spammer's ..

Also all CC posters know that when they e-mail me, they must put Meet & Greet or Cruise Critic in subject line..Therefore those e-mail which do not have one of these in the subject line is auto deleted by me & never opened up..

Good luck & enjoy your cruise..

Cheers...:)Betty

I use a number. Here's one: http://psychology-forum.com/professional-practice-and-educational-forum . Another is: http://www.socialpsychology.org/forums/professional/?read=552 . My interest and practice is mostly clinical psychology with some organizational psych so I don't have any links on industrial psych.

My area of concentration in college was Abnormal Psych .I was at one time a contributor to Psychology Today

Some have the ability to communicate off the board through PM some do not. Some of the ones that don't have PM even go as far as to prohibit the posting of any contact information. Some of those that permit contact go as far as to provide a private message section on the board so that emails don't have to be exchanged. I'd say CC falls somewhere in the middle, not as restrictive as some, not as accommodating as others.

I find this subject interesting. Why do you suppose a board would prohibit posting contact info? IMO, this would keep boards from becoming overladen with chitchat between a couple of members into a vitual chat room with messages that have no interest to the other members of the board.

CruiseCritic does not have a PM (private message) system.

Unless they post an e-mail address, you cannot e-mail them.

Why doesn't this site have a PM system ? It would alleviate a lot of problems

I find this subject interesting. Why do you suppose a board would prohibit posting contact info? IMO, this would keep boards from becoming overladen with chitchat between a couple of members into a vitual chat room with messages that have no interest to the other members of the board.

The Host for CC (after all they are just clients) does have this capability within their system.

CC just chooses to have it turned off OR chooses to not pay any supplement for turning it on. :(

Life on these boards could be so much simpler :rolleyes:

r.

I find this subject interesting. Why do you suppose a board would prohibit posting contact info? IMO, this would keep boards from becoming overladen with chitchat between a couple of members into a virtual chat room with messages that have no interest to the other members of the board.

The rational used on the one board that prohibits, to the point of banning, any attempts for off board contact justifies it by maintaining the strength of the board is having the discussions only in the public, only on the board. The subject matter is mental health and the moderators concern is that outsiders would or could use the information incorrectly so the full, complete anonymous nature of the board is paramount. They feel it leads to more full and open discussion with no fear of reprisal or misuse of the information. They also moderator subject matter and ideal chitchat is limited and deleted when necessary. Pretty intense moderation but it works for that board due to the subject matter which is hard to compare to chatting about cruising.

The rational used on the one board that prohibits, to the point of banning, any attempts for off board contact justifies it by maintaining the strength of the board is having the discussions only in the public, only on the board. The subject matter is mental health and the moderators concern is that outsiders would or could use the information incorrectly so the full, complete anonymous nature of the board is paramount. They feel it leads to more full and open discussion with no fear of reprisal or misuse of the information. They also moderator subject matter and ideal chitchat is limited and deleted when necessary. Pretty intense moderation but it works for that board due to the subject matter which is hard to compare to chatting about cruising.

Okay, I suppose that makes sense. My concern,here at least, are members that get into private conversations that are totally irrelevant to the thread or cruising in general.

Thx.

Hi it's me!! Sorry I've been away for a couple of weeks. I've sent my details to DBA hopefully they will send them on!

Cheers.

Hi it's me!! Sorry I've been away for a couple of weeks. I've sent my details to DBA hopefully they will send them on!

Cheers.

Hi. Sorry if this post drew unwanted attention - I never intended this post to mushroom as it did. Everybody loves to help! Anyway, If you go to the original post regarding the dinner I left a reply with my email address in it.

Cheers!

Archived