Seaview Cafe

thanks for these times, I will keep them safe for our cruise on brilliance this summer :)

I only went once (on brilliance) last summer, I knew it was there and had lunch one day, but the timings make it difficult to fit into a port intensive schedule for lunch, and then in the evenings if you like to eat dinner in the dining room as we do. Then, after we've eaten dinner, we are highly unlikely to want to eat again that evening.

The food was nice, but with it being cooked to order, I suspect the wait might not appeal to those in a hurry who like the instant grab of the buffet.

Times may vary by ship and itinerary.

Just check the Daily Compass for times of operation. Enjoy your crusie.

When there is a seaview on our cruise, we seemed to have eaten at extra times :rolleyes: We had late seating that cruise, so had a snack when we got back from our day in port (usually around 4 or so) and then dinner later .... somehow I think that was the cruise that I gained more weight than usual!!! :eek::D Jan

I also remember hearing back in mid-2008 that they switched the Seaview Cafe to a Seafood Place on the Jewel.

On the Brilliance it is an Italian place

Radiance and Serendade still have the orgional Seaview Fare.

We were just on the Jewel in Dec, and it is the Seaview Cafe. We had lunch there several time and really enjoyed it.

Judi :)

Times may vary by ship and itinerary.

Just check the Daily Compass for times of operation. Enjoy your crusie.

yes, I will check them, thanks, but those times do sound familiar

we have four sea days on our next cruise, so there will be more opportunity to enjoy the the seaview cafe facilities

I love the SeaView Cafe. It is a great alternative to the buffet. I loved the drumetts and chicken strips. The Reuben was great, and the brownies better than any dessert served in the MDR. It was a favorite for late night snacks and just on the ship after a day in port.

Sea View is free but their free drink menu is very limited so if you want a drink you pretty much have to go to the windjammer or buy a soda/whatever from the bar. My wife and I ate there for lunch several times during our recent Jewel criuse. We really enjoyed it but the menu pretty much consists of made to order burgers, Nathans hotdogs, and sandwiches (cubans, rubens, tuna melts) fries, onion rings, etc. ). There are also a few deserts that are good. Sea View small so sometimes there is no room but there is also seating outside. Enjoy.

The brownies were the best chocolate on board the Jewel. Had one almost every day!!! Sure hope the Brillance has them in May.

I had a very nice chicken sandwich/salad on the BOS last summer, the menu seemed more extensive than the one posted above.

I had to wait 20 minutes, even though the place was empty, so you can't be in a hurry to eat if you go there

I had a very nice chicken sandwich/salad on the BOS last summer, the menu seemed more extensive than the one posted above.

I had to wait 20 minutes, even though the place was empty, so you can't be in a hurry to eat if you go there

The reason that you may have found the menu a little more extensive than what was posted here is due to the fact that on Brilliance they also serve pasta and have several other items that are more in line with what Europeans are accustomed to.

Since everything is made to order by order there is always a waiting period.

[quote name='cruisenfever']The reason that you may have found the menu a little more extensive than what was posted here is due to the fact that on Brilliance they also serve pasta and have several other items that are more in line with what Europeans are accustomed to.

Since everything is made to order by order there is always a waiting period.[/quote]

yes, I appreciate everything is made to order, I feel the reason it was under utilised was because most passengers preferred the instant grab of the buffet :)

very nice food though and I will go again, we have four sea days on our next cruise on BOS

Archived