Fishing off the balcony...

gonzo1124

I'm planning on bringing my heavy duty fishing gear to fish all the way form the 9th (Lido) deck balcony. Anyone else done this before?

:p;):D:rolleyes:(joke):cool::eek:

I have.

I cooked the 50 lb Marlin I pulled in on my deluxe George Forman Grill in my cabin.

Seriously.

I'm pretty sure you need to have your food processor to make the salsa to serve with the fish you grill on the balcony after you catch it.

But what about those with inside cabins? Where do they fish?????

And for that George Foreman grill, for SHAME, where is your sense of adventure. Too good for charcol and lighter fluid??? sheesh

What can I say. I'm a Yuppy.

We enjoyed the Marlin with a nice box of wine too.

You know if you just let all the fruit stay in the ice bucket in the room for awhile you can make your own wine :p

I like the boxes though, keeps the screw top from rusting if you leave it in the cooler too long;)

Please tell me Jeff Foxworthy has not joined Cruise Critic. Hmmm you might be a redneck...:D Make sure you save your drink of the day cup to spit your chewing tobacco juice into.

And as for the grill, being a GA girl, I would definitely opt for a Fry Daddy, cookng oil, and some seasoned cornmeal.

I have.

I cooked the 50 lb Marlin I pulled in on my deluxe George Forman Grill in my cabin.

Seriously.

George Forman Grill, no way charcoal or nothing.

OP: You might want to use at least a 1000ft of line and don't forget a hook on a 100 ft pole. Catching is the easy part, it is getting the bad boy onboard that could be tricky. :D

I used my fly rod on the Lido, the casting hooked 5 german tourists and tipped over some drinks. So I just trolled from my balcony for the rest of the trip. I was cleaning grouper on the balcony, the wind caught some guts and they flew right onto the people in the adjoining balcony....AWKWARD!. They were cool though. Until I started wing shooting seaducks, then they called security.

Archived