Fishing off the balcony...

gonzo1124

I used my fly rod on the Lido, the casting hooked 5 german tourists and tipped over some drinks. So I just trolled from my balcony for the rest of the trip. I was cleaning grouper on the balcony, the wind caught some guts and they flew right onto the people in the adjoining balcony....AWKWARD!. They were cool though. Until I started wing shooting seaducks, then they called security.

Thanks so much!! Now I gotta go buy a new monitor and keyboard, mine are covered with coffee!!!!:p:D

Just a fishing rod? Amateurish. ;)

I plan on bringing a shrimp net and casting it aft as soon as we clear the port. Then will bring my catch to the MDR for my waiter to prepare a fine scampi. :)

YUM!!!!

(I thought the scampi tasted especially fresh!)

You folks are makin this too difficult.

What I've done in the past was to use my telescopic pool cleanin pole and my dip net. You just scoop up them little flyin fish and deep fry them suckers in my Fry Daddy Jr.. Ain't nothin better then Deep Fried Flyin Fish (that even hard to type).:D

It's better to do this at night when the ship has it's runnin lights on. Oh, almost forgot. Make sure to cut the wings off before ya put them suckers in the deep fryer, they can make a mess flyin around your room.

Just Sayin...

If you stay in cove balcony (like on the Dream), you can fish off it since you are right above the water line. Your line will not hit other people right?:cool:

That is accurate, do be careful though. My uncle Butchie was fishing off his balcony will some heavy test line. He let out a little too much line, got caught up in the ships prop and sucked him over the side. Tragic. Even worse the Triumph had to go to drydock for a week to extricate him. My aunt Lucile cries every time we pass the harbor........

You folks are makin this too difficult.

What I've done in the past was to use my telescopic pool cleanin pole and my dip net. You just scoop up them little flyin fish and deep fry them suckers in my Fry Daddy Jr.. Ain't nothin better then Deep Fried Flyin Fish (that even hard to type).:D

It's better to do this at night when the ship has it's runnin lights on. Oh, almost forgot. Make sure to cut the wings off before ya put them suckers in the deep fryer, they can make a mess flyin around your room.

Just Sayin...

Deliciousness. I think they ban open-flame candles in the cabins but I am certain you could bring your deep-fat fryer onboard. Perfect. And then how about some funnel cakes for dessert with some soft-serve from the Lido.

Deliciousness. I think they ban open-flame candles in the cabins but I am certain you could bring your deep-fat fryer onboard. Perfect. And then how about some funnel cakes for dessert with some soft-serve from the Lido.

Damn, never thought about the funnel cake. Deep Fried Flyin Fish, funnel cake, and some soft-served. It just don't get any better.:D

Archived