Fishing off the balcony...

gonzo1124

MUST be practiced. You're NOT allowed to bring any fish on board the ship.

From the FAQ pages of Carnival.com

Are there restrictions on what we can bring aboard?

Fish Caught on Fishing Expeditions: The fish cannot be brought on board; it must be shipped home.

Granted your lawyer might try to outdo their lawyer by saying the fish was not caught while on an expedition, but I guess their lawyer will say the WHOLE cruise is an expedition.

This is really a stupid thread. Most of you are newbie cruisers who don't have a clue what it was like, way back when, to use your Popeil Pocket Fisherman right after skeet shooting and hitting golf balls from the stern! The commotion brought some really delectable marine life to the surface, and the PPF was instrumental in providing us with many nights of using flavored incense sticks to cook (in-cabin) rubber tire au gratin, Tevas with provolone and sand, snorkel mask fettucini, and my favorite amuse bouche', shark victim big toe marinara with freshly grated Parmesan and olives. You guys are making fun of something that was once a revered and sacred cruising tradition. Grow up.

This is really a stupid thread. Most of you are newbie cruisers who don't have a clue what it was like, way back when, to use your Popeil Pocket Fisherman right after skeet shooting and hitting golf balls from the stern! The commotion brought some really delectable marine life to the surface, and the PPF was instrumental in providing us with many nights of using flavored incense sticks to cook (in-cabin) rubber tire au gratin, Tevas with provolone and sand, snorkel mask fettucini, and my favorite amuse bouche', shark victim big toe marinara with freshly grated Parmesan and olives. You guys are making fun of something that was once a revered and sacred cruising tradition. Grow up.

OMG...stop, please, stop...this is too funny!:D:D:D

I cant believe you guys are talking so much!!! What do you want Carnival to do, start charging for ON-BOARD FISHING EXCURSIONS??????????????

Well, they used to charge for on-board Horse Racing! Other cruise lines did, too. I'm not kidding. Check it out.

I'm pretty sure you need to have your food processor to make the salsa to serve with the fish you grill on the balcony after you catch it.

But what about those with inside cabins? Where do they fish?????

And for that George Foreman grill, for SHAME, where is your sense of adventure. Too good for charcol and lighter fluid??? sheesh

forget the forman...bring the magic Bullet...just make sure you clean it well or it'll make you room made margaritas taste funny

That is accurate, do be careful though. My uncle Butchie was fishing off his balcony will some heavy test line. He let out a little too much line, got caught up in the ships prop and sucked him over the side. Tragic. Even worse the Triumph had to go to drydock for a week to extricate him. My aunt Lucile cries every time we pass the harbor........

And all the news reports said he jumped. What do they know?

Bring your water ski's if you are lucky enough to have a rear balcony. When the ship is moving to fast for trolling it will be good skiing speed.

Also another trick is to use a kite. Attach the line to the kite while anchored so you can get the line further out than you can cast. Attach the line and let out the kite when it is out far enough give a tug to release the line and start reeling in. The Shushi bar supplies the bait.

A shot gun is always fun for shooting those birds that are always flying around the balcony.

I always like to see the blast at night when it is really dark and the noise just seems to echo around the ship as it bounces off the water. The other passengers like it also as I always hear them yelling something about doing it again. Can't really tell because my ears are ringing.

I prefer to do things a bit more extreme, I like to go bungee noodling.

First time I did it though I miscalculated my return bounce....landed on the balcony above mine and burned my right buttocks on some dudes foreman grill...still got the scar to prove it.

Ive ordered my ronco rod and now have plans to fish off the bank at HMC! I'll take marshmallows for bait. Catfish like em,so why not something from the sea.....

You can take the redneck out of Mississippi,but you sho as hell cant take Mississippi outta the girl!

I will be providing the grill and have it out on the balcony. Planning on cooking up all of the scrumptious catch for you folks. Now remind me...who exactly is cleaning it???

I hear on an underwater balcony thread that they're smuggling ducks..you might want to bring some bacon to wrap around the duck before grilling.

I'm pretty sure you need to have your food processor to make the salsa to serve with the fish you grill on the balcony after you catch it.

But what about those with inside cabins? Where do they fish?????

Inside OCEANVIEW cabins (see thread re: inside oceanview cabins) dont need a pole, they just open the window and scoop them up in a towel (remember catching minnows in the shallows of the lake?) and then give 'em to the waiter at lunch to have cooked for them at dinner.

Archived