Fishing off the balcony...

gonzo1124

Just a fishing rod? Amateurish. ;)

I plan on bringing a shrimp net and casting it aft as soon as we clear the port. Then will bring my catch to the MDR for my waiter to prepare a fine scampi. :)

But what type of Corkage charge is there for brining your own seafood?

I'm planning on bringing my heavy duty fishing gear to fish all the way form the 9th (Lido) deck balcony. Anyone else done this before?

:p;):D:rolleyes:(joke):cool::eek:

Respool with at least 60# so you won't lose the fish crankin' it up to the

Lido, cuz it'll be slapping against the side of the ship, and might come off.

Carnival told me only 2 piece rods were allowed to be brought aboard.

ROFLMAO

That is accurate, do be careful though. My uncle Butchie was fishing off his balcony will some heavy test line. He let out a little too much line, got caught up in the ships prop and sucked him over the side. Tragic. Even worse the Triumph had to go to drydock for a week to extricate him. My aunt Lucile cries every time we pass the harbor........

OK...that was hilarious!!!!!! :D

I'm planning on bringing my heavy duty fishing gear to fish all the way form the 9th (Lido) deck balcony. Anyone else done this before?

Yep!

Caught a big heap of scrap metal and I just cut the line and let it go.Wife pointed out that the giant hunk of scrap was the Jubilee.:D

Steve

Actually, YES ~~!!~~

If you are interested in catching flying fish there is a bait shop on the right side of the road just before you get to the port gates that sell specially trained flying crickets, They have been trained to para-sail their kites just above the surface.

Even if you don't catch any fish it is fun to watch the crickets....

Aft balconies are preferred as your line is less likely to get tangled....gas_powered_blender.gif

:p;):D:rolleyes:(joke):cool::eek:

I think you might get tangled with the water skiers on the back of the ship!!

Actually wondered if you could fish from the cove cabins, I wouldn't try to clean fish in my room just like the idea of inclusive fishing. I second the comment on saving money over a fishing charter. We've tried charters and only been successful once, the other 3 were a bust - over crowded and/or too much time riding not enough time fishing. :rolleyes: I can Dream.

Archived