first cruise FOS and need all the help i can get!

calmmerritt

first Thank you for taking the time to check this out second here come the questions:

this will be the first time we have ever cruised and are very excited we have 3 kids 14,10 and 7 so we will be taking advantage of the kids clubs. For dinner we have a table for just our family and trust me that is a good thing.however my 2 youngest are very picky eaters and i have not been able to find out if there is a kids menu in the MDR, my middle child would eat grilled cheese every meal if he had the choice, so can any one tell me what the dinner menu would be for my youngest.

second we picked Freedom due to all the things to do onboard so can anyone tell me what the hours are for rock climbing, ice skating mini golf and pools? hate to think they are very limited on there hours. we are thinking of the dolphin swim or the turtle snorkling any suggestions on either? I'm sure there will be many more questions to come but right now the food and activities are my biggest concern.

thanks for any and all advice!

The pools are always open. They drain them periodically to clean, but at least one of the 3 pools will always be open. The mini-golf is usually always open as well.

The open ice skating is limited to a couple hours int he early afternoon. It is not always open due to rehearsals for the ice show performers, and other events held in that venue at night. You have to wear long pants to skate.

The rock wall is spuratic, but almost always open during daytime hours. They also do some night climbs.

You will get a brochure (called the Cruise Compass) delivered to your room nightly with all the next day's events and times.

You should also ask on the Family Cruises forum of the Special Interest Cruising board. Have not sailed Royal, but I believe every line that encourages families has a childrens menu. They can order off of both. Heck, adults can order off the kids menu. On Carnival, people report ordering the banana split off the kids menu...EM

first Thank you for taking the time to check this out second here come the questions:

this will be the first time we have ever cruised and are very excited we have 3 kids 14,10 and 7 so we will be taking advantage of the kids clubs. Your kids will love the kids club! My kids are older, but they loved it so much they even had dinner there instead of with us a few nights.

For dinner we have a table for just our family and trust me that is a good thing.however my 2 youngest are very picky eaters and i have not been able to find out if there is a kids menu in the MDR, my middle child would eat grilled cheese every meal if he had the choice, so can any one tell me what the dinner menu would be for my youngest. I have found the staff to be very accomadating with children. They will bring speciality items like a grilled cheese if you ask. I would also suggest allowing the kids to eat at the pool grill (hotdogs,hamburgers,pizza:closes early so eat before dinner) before dinner and have them try what you have for dinner and eat desert w/you.

second we picked Freedom due to all the things to do onboard so can anyone tell me what the hours are for rock climbing, ice skating mini golf and pools? hate to think they are very limited on there hours. Just check when you get onboard. For some things like the rock wall and wave runner, they give private lessons so you need to check out those hours.

we are thinking of the dolphin swim or the turtle snorkling any suggestions on either? My daughter went on the dolphin swim in Grande Cayman and loved it. They will try to sell you videos and other stuff so be prepared. We went on the turtle snorkle in Cozumel and had a super great time. It is right on the reef in Carmen de playa. About a 45 minute water taxi ride away.

I'm sure there will be many more questions to come but right now the food and activities are my biggest concern.

thanks for any and all advice!

Have FUN

!

Well as for the kids menu ... We were offered burgers, chicken nuggets, grilled cheese. I think fruit was also available. The waiters were wonderful with my grandson and would always bring his dinner first so he could get started. Enjoy the Freedom!

If you're going to Grand Cayman, please think about the stingray swim/snorkel. You can do the dolphin swims about anywhere. Grand Cayman is the only place I know of that you can pet stingrays.

Archived