Cancelled Flight

footer6

I am on the 6/4 Equinox sailing from Civitavecchia. I booked a 2:05 pm return flight on 6/14. Yesterday, Continental informed me that they had arbitrarily moved me to the 9:50am flight. The ship gets in at 4am, but I have no idea how early I can disembark. What are the odds I can make a 9:50 am flight from Fiumicino?

It is possible but not easy. If you carry your bags off you can be among the first to depart. You should have prearranged transportation ready to meet you and drive you straight to the airport. The variables are traffic and the lines at the airport. I would call Continental back and see about getting back on the 2.:05 flight. It would be a lot less stressful.

That's very close for comfort. Everything would have to work perfectly & it often does... Suggestions already made above are the way to make it possibly work but I'd try for the later flight.

When Delta changed our flights, they gave us other flights that worked at no extra charge,,,we stayed over an extra night nearthe airport & we're glad we did.. it could have worked but the streess would have killed me...

a non-cruiser was on our flight with his wife, having missed the one the day before due to roadway issues-- It cost them plenty, they had to change airlines & they had to sleep in the airport with their luggage as the airline would not accept it...

YOU SEEM TO HAVE TWO OF THE SAME POST!

The problem is that the 2:05 flight no longer exiists. The flight was nearly full, now it's cancelled. I have no idea what has become of all the passengers. Perhaps that's why the Continental phone lines have been tied up for three days.

I am on the 6/4 Equinox sailing from Civitavecchia. I booked a 2:05 pm return flight on 6/14. Yesterday, Continental informed me that they had arbitrarily moved me to the 9:50am flight. The ship gets in at 4am, but I have no idea how early I can disembark. What are the odds I can make a 9:50 am flight from Fiumicino?

If you have pre-arranged transportation from the pier to the airport, you will have no problem getting off the ship at 6:30. It's about 1 hour to FCO, so you should be able to make your flight.

Once you get to the airport and checked in, go thru security, and don't dilly-dally going thru the duty free shops. Getting thru security and to your gate can be a hassle as you might have to transport to another terminal. As I recall it was a trip once going thru security to get to your gate with all the terminal transfers.

Bottom line -- you should have no problem.

Archived