Pricing is up!!

tulips*n*truffles

That's all...

...and WOW that's a lot more $ than I was expecting! :-(

Watch for price drops by checking the Princess site regularly (sign in), also check the online agency rates and keep an eye on your roll call where other passengers on your cruise might let you know if there is a price drop.

In most cases you can cancel without penalty prior to final payment.

Our Br. Isles '09 cruise ended up being 1/2 the price that was originally listed on the Princess website.

I noticed the 2011 Med. cruise I'm looking for has not been priced yet. Still waiting.

Just spoke to my TA and I am booked on the Star Princess 2011 Europe cruise I wanted.

And looked at my Personalizer and it is already showing on there.

Good Luck to everyone.

Already seeing it in 2010 Alaska. Several lines pulled ships this year because of the high per head port taxes. The taxes combined with the soft economy created low ridership/heavy discounting in 2009. Fewer ships this year translates into fuller ships and higher prices.

Just received 2 offers in mail this month for price drops for 2010 Europe cruises. They are offers for selected past passengers and lower than the prices showing on the Princess website when I sign in.

You might want to consider 2010 to save now.

• Administrators
Just spoke to my TA and I am booked on the Star Princess 2011 Europe cruise I wanted.

And looked at my Personalizer and it is already showing on there.

Good Luck to everyone.

I was waiting on pricing for this as well. Right now, the 12-day Med sailing I was really interested in for Sept 2011 is priced over 2grand more than a very similar (aft balc for 2) 12-day Med sailing on Carnival Magic.

Very sad...would have loved to do the Med on my fave Princess ship, Star Princess!

Laura

• Administrators
I was waiting on pricing for this as well. Right now, the 12-day Med sailing I was really interested in for Sept 2011 is priced over 2grand more than a very similar (aft balc for 2) 12-day Med sailing on Carnival Magic.

Very sad...would have loved to do the Med on my fave Princess ship, Star Princess!

Laura

Actually, I take that back; the difference is around $3400 more! :eek::eek::eek:

I'm really doing my best to compare apples to apples here:

Aft balcony, Cat 8D stateroom on Carnival Magic 9/25/11 vs. Aft balcony Cat BB stateroom on Star Princess 9/13/11. Both 12-day Med cruises. Similar ports (well to me they are because I've never done a Med cruise and don't have my heart set on any one particular port except Venice and Naples -- both meet the criteria.).

Carnival is R/T Barcelona w/ 7 ports (2 days in Venice)

Princess is Barcelona to Venice w/ 8 ports (2 days in Venice).

I love both lines but a 3400 difference is a lot of money I can spend on shore excursions.

So undecided on what to really do here.

Laura

My first reaction to Princess 2011 European cruise pricing was "Ouch!" However, IMHO Princess has better itineraries. Carnival cruises do not go to Greece or Turkey.

I was noticing that as well. Royal Caribbean doesn't have itineraries as good as Princess either, and I would have hit Platinum status on RCI if I'd stuck with them for the Europe trip. Oh well, I will be experiencing my third cruise line with Princess. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for price drops. The total price was definitely :eek::eek::eek::eek: but I think it will be so worth it.

I did end up booking the itinerary I wanted, but at a category drop of something like 4 levels, which makes me sad, and it's STILL over $3K! I confirmed with my TA the cancellation restrictions and booked, but I'm 90% sure I'll have to cancel unless prices go waaaaay way down. I expected balconies in the $2K range, but the difference in cost between last summer (almost identical itinerary) and this summer is sooo different! Just sad.

My first reaction to Princess 2011 European cruise pricing was "Ouch!" However, IMHO Princess has better itineraries. Carnival cruises do not go to Greece or Turkey.

I agree the itineraries are better, but almost $300 a day better?! I think they're making up for the drop in prices last summer with the gouge next summer. :-(

• Administrators

Good point! I do think we're going to Dubrovnik, Croatia. Lots of decisions to make.

I noticed the huge price increase when the 2010 cruises were posted for booking. In the past couple of weeks I received past passenger offers in the mail showing up to $1400 price drop in the 2010 Europe cruises.

So, I will be watching for the 2011 price drops and call my TA to see if I can get them.

The cruise I booked for 2011 is priced $1148 more than the same cruise at the 2010 sale price.

I've sailed on several other cruise lines and prefer Princess the best.

July 16 sailing roundtrip London - British Isles. For some reason I haven't seen it on the site, but my TA had it - and cabins were going quickly - so it must be posted somewhere!

We live very close to Southampton, & went to book the Grand again this July and found that it was £650 (about $1000) more this year than the same cruise last year, since then prices have increased even more.

Will are trying P&O 14 day cruise for $1000 less PP which includes all gratuities. Even their 'SALE' prices are way higher than before.

Still waiting to see about 2011 prices, count us out Princess unless they match Cunard or P&O.

Archived