Soda package?

rogerwaters

On the NCL website, I saw that it listed the soda card for $6.25 a day. My husband drinks a lot of soda and figured this is a good deal. Is there something I am missing though? Is there still a limit to the amount of soda he can have per day with the package? I figured even if sodas are like $2, I know he will drink enough to have that $6.25 be a good deal. I know so many people say the soda card isn't worth it, but I don't see how that could be possible, especially for someone that indeed drinks a lot of soda (I know, I know, it's bad for him....I tell him all the time but he loves it too much to cut back!) :)

I haven't purchased one on NCL but I don't believe they swipe your card. For other lines I know that it's a secondary card or a sticker on your card that you just have to flash the bartender. Based on that I can't imagine that the would be able to limit the amount of soda.

It is certainly a good price if you drink a lot of soda.

i purchased a soda card on RCCL. I felt it was worth it because I drink diet soda with dinner and throughout the day. I don't drink coffee, so diet coke is my caffeine!

On Royal, they had a sticker on my card and also I was given a souvenier cup so I just brought that with me everywhere (but dinner) and they filled it without question.

With all I have read about NCL's soda program, it works the same and I definitely found it worth it.

Well I know my hubby drinks way too much soda, but that's what he likes so I just let him do his thing. At dinner alone he can drink 3 sodas. And he is not a coffee or tea drinker, and not really a juice and water drinker, so he can go through quite a bit of soda each day. I will have to tell him to purchase this. $6.25 a day does not seem like a bad price to pay at all!!!

My only suggestion would be to order all three sodas at once, if they will let you. Its near impossible to get bar service during dinner for one drink, let alone three. Of course, you could bring one with you, order one when you sit down, and order another when the second one comes.

The soda program for kids is even less. It think the cutoff is 16.

Well I know my hubby drinks way too much soda, but that's what he likes so I just let him do his thing. At dinner alone he can drink 3 sodas. And he is not a coffee or tea drinker, and not really a juice and water drinker, so he can go through quite a bit of soda each day. I will have to tell him to purchase this. $6.25 a day does not seem like a bad price to pay at all!!!

The last time we were on the Jade, the bartenders refused to give soda to my kids unless they had their souvenier cup -and then that was what was filled.

I was less than thrilled to be washing those cups everyday for two weeks.

That was over a year ago so I hope they've changed the policy(and it *was* the policy, I was told, when I complained to the service desk)

There's no limit on how much soda you drink once you buy the sticker. However, it's only valid at bars and restaurants, not room service.

If you want a soda in your room you have two choices: either grab one at the bar on the way back to your room or bring some cans/bottles with you when you board or while in port to store in your cabin.

My husband and I found it easiest just to grab one from the bar on the way to the room, but my father bought a 2 liter bottle in St. Thomas to keep in his cabin.

My 13 yr old granddaughter has to pay the adult price. :( The 9 yr old still gets the kid price. This is according to the gifts guide.

Adult & Teen Soda Program (ages 13 & older)

Give the gift of endless fountain soda throughout their cruise.

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $6.25 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity

and applicable taxes

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

$6.25/day

Children's Soda Program (12 & under)

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

Prepaid @ $4.00 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity

and applicable taxes

$4.00/day

A 7 day cruise would be $50.31 plus tax

Ok, nickel & dime question here......we are going on a 7-day Epic cruise, (Sat to Sat). I know you have to pay the soda card for every day in advance (I guess you have to purchase the week package) Will he be charged for 7 days or for 8 days (Saturday to Saturday is essentially 8 days), but the Saturday we arrive back to port we obviously will be off the ship in the morning...do they still charge for that day? See what I mean? Will he have to buy 8 days worth of soda passes or just 7? (Again, not like the extra $6.25 makes a difference, but I was just curious).

I checked my Pearl invoice, and we paid $32.20 (Tax incl.) for each of our kids (16 and 12). We bought them on deck, before sailing. I remember specifically asking the cut off age, and being told 16. We may have gotten a break!

My 13 yr old granddaughter has to pay the adult price. :( The 9 yr old still gets the kid price. This is according to the gifts guide.

Adult & Teen Soda Program (ages 13 & older)

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Prepaid @ $6.25 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity

and applicable taxes

$6.25/day

Children's Soda Program (12 & under)

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Prepaid @ $4.00 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity

and applicable taxes

$4.00/day

A 7 day cruise would be $50.31 plus tax

As of my last cruise, this is the way it works.

When you first get onboard, (before you can make it to your cabin) there are a few tables set throughout the ship selling the soda package (and coffee packages). They take your Key card and write it down and give you a reciept. They then attach a sticker (Pepsi) onto your key card. They also give you a thermal cup to have your soda poured into. We never use this cup but I have a large collection if these in my storage room.:D

The interesting part is that after a few days on the cruise, if you walk up to a bar with cup in hand, they refill them without bothering to look at your keycard. go figure.

I also noticed on the spirit, they were pouring many of the soft drinks from cans instead from the taps.

I only drink diet soft drinks, and hate Pepsi, so I drink alot of Guinness.

As of my last cruise, this is the way it works.

When you first get onboard, (before you can make it to your cabin) there are a few tables set throughout the ship selling the soda package (and coffee packages).

Anyone able to give any info on the coffee packages?? my DH is a coffee nut!!

TIA

Anyone able to give any info on the coffee packages?? my DH is a coffee nut!!

TIA

I have never seen one on any NCL ship. :( 25 + NCL cruises. There is always a first for anything. With the recent free espresso and cappuccino gone in the main dining rooms and the specialty coffee machines gone from the buffets they could well start a coffee package.

I have never seen one on any NCL ship. :( 25 + NCL cruises. There is always a first for anything. With the recent free espresso and cappuccino gone in the main dining rooms and the specialty coffee machines gone from the buffets they could well start a coffee package.

The cappuccino machines remain in the suites (AE and above). Correct?:o

I really thought that there were coffee cards on NCL. I could be wrong because I get to a point where I get some of the littloe things between different lines offer different things.

i know Princess and RCCL has them. I could have sworn that I had one on the NCL Spirit during my February cruise.

Just back from a HAL cruise - the soda card was 20 drinks and I never finished it on a 9 night cruise. I really prefer to take one 2 liter bottle with me - it usually lasts the entire week on a 7 night cruise, so the NCL card would not be a good deal for me. It is OK on NCL to take pop on board? I like caffeine free cola also, which makes it easier with my own pop.

On the NCL website, I saw that it listed the soda card for $6.25 a day. My husband drinks a lot of soda and figured this is a good deal. Is there something I am missing though? Is there still a limit to the amount of soda he can have per day with the package? I figured even if sodas are like $2, I know he will drink enough to have that $6.25 be a good deal. I know so many people say the soda card isn't worth it, but I don't see how that could be possible, especially for someone that indeed drinks a lot of soda (I know, I know, it's bad for him....I tell him all the time but he loves it too much to cut back!) :)

Here is my take.

Is it a deal technically, BUT. As a Soda drinker I think the fountain drinks taste awful. So I never take the 'deal'. I am paying a fair amount for my holiday so I really don't think 50.00 more on drinks that I want versus a poor substitute makes much of a difference. You pay 2:30 with the tip for a real CAN of pop versus the fountain stuff. Yes every now and then a bartender will give you a can versus the fountain but generally on the plan it is the yucky fountain stuff.

Here is my take.

Is it a deal technically, BUT. As a Soda drinker I think the fountain drinks taste awful. So I never take the 'deal'. I am paying a fair amount for my holiday so I really don't think 50.00 more on drinks that I want versus a poor substitute makes much of a difference. You pay 2:30 with the tip for a real CAN of pop versus the fountain stuff. Yes every now and then a bartender will give you a can versus the fountain but generally on the plan it is the yucky fountain stuff.

I agree with you, however, I will have two teenage sons onboard, and they will have drink cards/stamps.

As for me, I plan to go to Tesco before getting on the ship and purchase diet ginger beer for the crossing. :D

Just a quick question: does this include juice and milk for breakfast and meals. Or do you pay extra for that? What about coffee, is that free or cost?? We are booked in December for our first NCL cruise.

Just a quick question: does this include juice and milk for breakfast and meals. Or do you pay extra for that? What about coffee, is that free or cost?? We are booked in December for our first NCL cruise.

There is no charge for juice, milk and regular coffee. (I assume that is what you are talking about.) You are charged for coffee and speciality coffee coffee drinks outside the restaurants. ie: Coffee and Baileys for breakfast.

Here is my take.

That post is spot on.

The fountain pops vary widely in their stength and mix, but tend to be poor quality compared to canned or bottled products on board.

On top of that the bartenders have clearly been instructed to use a smaller plastic cup to limit quantities, especially with kids.

We spent 2 weeks on the Jade last July. I spent a lot of time at the bar over looking the pool deck and all anyone (kids and adults) had to do was flash the card with the sticker on it and they would ask you what you wanted.

The volume of pops served in this program can vary greatly depending on the bar where you are sitting. The pool deck bars would be descended upon by hoards of kids at times. I was also surprised at how many adults used the program.

Archived