Some B2B questions

Orcrone

Considering a 14 day B2B in November. Wondering about the return to the home port in the middle. How does that work? Do we have to disembark and reboard or can we stay on board? If we stay on board what is there to do? I assume we can just stay in our cabin or one of the public areas. Do they keep the pools open during that time? Is this correct?

Thanks,

Marc

We have done quite a few back-to-back cruises out of Ft Lauderdale.

We have always on HAL had to go through immigration.

You will get a letter the evening of the last night of the first cruise. Sometimes we have been given new ID cards -- sometimes not. You will also be told when and where to meet with a person from the front office to leave the ship to go through immigration. Usually we have been told to meet around 9:15 in a certain lounge. Most times we have sat there with the front office person until about 9:45 before we could leave the ship -- after all the regular passengers have left. The last couple of times we have had to go all the way down into the luggage terminal, go through immigration -- show our Intransit Passes -- and then taken back upstairs where we sit until the ship has completely gonw down to ZERO passengers on board. No one can get back on the ship until this happens. Sometimes we have gotten back on within 15 minutes -- other times we have had to wait for 1 1/2 hours.

When leaving the ship:

if you have been given new ID cards -- you will need to use your old ones to leave the ship and the new ones to get back on -- sometimes our photos have transfered over -- other times -- not

if your ID card has the extended dates -- no problems getting on or off the ship.

If for some reason you wish to leave the terminal -- then you will also have to complete a customs declaration.

On our last few cruises -- in our letters it indicated that we could not take any back-packs off the ship if we wished to leave the terminal.

It has been a couple of years since my last B2B - but at

that time I made arrangements to continue my on-board

account for the second segment. I did, however,

get print-outs occassionally so I could check off the

charges in the interim.

On all of our b-to-b's, our shipboard account is always carried forward to the next cruise.

We ask for a printout at the end of our first cruise so we can see if there are any glaring errors on it. (never has been any large error that I remember.)

In Seward we did not have to disembark and in SanDiego we did not have to disembark.

It's "sorta fun" to feel "smug" when you don't have to pack and most all the other passengers are packing.................but:(..........your day comes, even on a b-2-b.

We were able to get off if we wanted to and they told us about a special line to re-board so we didn't have to wait in the "checking-in" line.

We never had any Immigration check-ins or things like that.........:confused:

Love b-2-backs and repos................and being on a ship.:p

we stayed on board during our last back-to-back and used the time to do laundry. That way, we only had to pack for a 7 day cruise.

Where had your first cruise gone and where were you going on your second cruise and what was the midpoint city?

I think all of that determines whether or not you have to debark and go through immigration.

Archived