On Board Credit

pb3053

Hello All,

My wife and I have £150 OBC on a forthcoming Ventura cruise.

I understand that this credit is split between the both of us. If I register my credit card only on embark registration and only I sign for any bills on the voyage does this mean that only my half of the OBC is used up as my wife would never need to sign for any items ?.

If this is so then rather than lose half of the credit I assume the answer is for both of us to register our credit cards for use on the voyage.

We face the same question in a couple of months - we have £200 OBC (£100 each) for our cruise on Ventura.

Our assumption was that we didn't need to register two credit cards, just one; but that we do need to make sure that my wife signs for enough expenditure, with her ship card, to use up her share of the OBC.

Is this correct? Can someone confirm, or advise?

We face the same question in a couple of months - we have £200 OBC (£100 each) for our cruise on Ventura.

Our assumption was that we didn't need to register two credit cards, just one; but that we do need to make sure that my wife signs for enough expenditure, with her ship card, to use up her share of the OBC.

Believe me, if she's a normal woman, she will have no trouble spending that much!:D To answer your question, the total amount, $200, will be subtracted.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago:D

you do only need to register one card for both accounts, but you will need to make sure that your wife signs for £75.00 worth on her account, to use her share of the obc,

we did ask if we could have all our credit on one account, but it has to be per person apparently, somthing to do with tax implications we were told???

I assumed the credit would be pooled, but it wasn't it was split between both accounts (even though we'd only registered the one credit card), as we didn't realise & my husband had signed for most purchases, they did, as a gesture of goodwill, deduct my remaining credit from our joint bill at the end, however this wasn't done automatically.

The same goes for any portunus club discounts. The first time I sailed with my husband, only I was a member, and just assumed that the discount would be deducted from 'our' account. However, as my husband used his card & signed for most things we didn't receive the discount. Only purchases with my card qualified.

The same goes for any portunus club discounts. The first time I sailed with my husband, only I was a member, and just assumed that the discount would be deducted from 'our' account. However, as my husband used his card & signed for most things we didn't receive the discount. Only purchases with my card qualified.

We got caught by that one on our last weekender (his first P&O cruise) - we (somehow) realised at the end of day 1 that I should be signing, but up til then everything was 'full' price.

We have the same thing for our upcoming weekender - I went up a level last cruise, so am now sapphire, while he is still ruby - he is delighting in reminding me I'm going to have to sign for everything while he can just sit back & enjoy:rolleyes:

36 days ...:D

You only need to register one credit card for the 2 of you. If your wife did not use her cruise card ALL cruise (hard to believe) Her ob credit would be transferred to the credit card settlement account and deducted from the final bill.

In our experience on Ventura and on Oriana you may just register one credit card for both passengers in the cabin but you each have to sign for purchases, drinks, excursions etc. to use up your on board credit .....we found the excursions went onto John's part of the account so I signed for the drinks, etc. which evened it out.

So to save any hassle ....use both your cards...because if you don't use it you lose it !!!!!!

OBC is nearly always given per person and not per cabin, even though its often advertised as per cabin but it is limited to two persons.

I have always found that any unused OBC has been transferred when paying on one credit card. If you are paying on separate credit cards then it cant be transferred.

Brian

On all our P&O cruises we have just registered one credit card and the OBC has been taken off the total. Infact on the last cruise my wife did not even use her card only to open the cabin door and we still got the OBC taken off.

Well thank you all for your replies. I'm sure its probably just an 'academic' query anyway because, as was pointed out, no doubt my wife will be visiting the Spa, shops or hairdressers and would more than use her portion of the obc.

I was probably deluding myself into thinking that she wouldnt be 'signing' for anything.....some hopes !.

Paul

Archived