Caribbean Princess - Ports - Nude Beaches?

jessegirl88

Hi All, Going to CAribbean Princess and sorry but have to ask this question.

We are going with a 11 and 16 year old kids and was told by someone that to be careful cause St. Thomas and Turks have nude beaches. Can someone please tell me where, so that I do not go there with my kids? lol..

Thanks

Hi All, Going to CAribbean Princess and sorry but have to ask this question.

We are going with a 11 and 16 year old kids and was told by someone that to be careful cause St. Thomas and Turks have nude beaches. Can someone please tell me where, so that I do not go there with my kids? lol..

Thanks

Nude sunbathing in St. Thomas is illegal.

St. Maarten has a nude beach on the French side called Orient Beach. Part of the beach is nude, part is not, but nudity is tolerated in the non-nude part.

Many Caribbean beaches have topless sunbathing, but that doesn't mean that it is required or even common. Most of the time you will be walking along the beach and see one or two women topless.

Unless you are going to specifically nude beaches, or unless you are very against seeing occasional topless sunbathing, you shouldn't have a problem.

Actually, most Caribbean islands are very reliqious and don't tolerate nudity/toplessness...a guidebook can help you pick the best beach for your family...they'll tell you which islands (St. Marteen is one!) that does allow nudity, and where, so you can avoid it.

• 1 year later...

St. Maarten has a nude beach on the French side called Orient Beach. Part of the beach is nude, part is not, but nudity is tolerated in the non-nude part.

Many Caribbean beaches have topless sunbathing, but that doesn't mean that it is required or even common. Most of the time you will be walking along the beach and see one or two women topless.

Unless you are going to specifically nude beaches, or unless you are very against seeing occasional topless sunbathing, you shouldn't have a problem.

On my recent cruise, my tablemate reported that when he went on a walk at Megans bay, (wife and daughter left lounging) he was suprised to find a nude section of that beach (on St Thomas).

On my recent cruise, my tablemate reported that when he went on a walk at Megans bay, (wife and daughter left lounging) he was suprised to find a nude section of that beach (on St Thomas).

If there is a nude section in Megans bay it's far from the tourist section! We've walked along the bay a number of times and have never stumbled across this. You will definitely be safe in Megan's Bay with your family :)

Actually, I've seen a lady sunbathing on our ship (by the pool) topless (Celebrity). The sad thing was that she was about 80+ years old. True story. I think from Europe.

Also, a few years ago we were on the Grand... when a 30's something dude entered the belly buster contest at the pool. When it was his turn, dropped the towel that was wrapped around him and he had taken it all off...then proceeded with his belly flop. Wasn't cool.

Ok, glad to hear no nude beaches where we are going. I know my son would love it!!! lol...Teenager. He would have the cell phone out snaping pics all over the place...lol

Believe me.. even if he wants to go there, the last thing they want is to do it with the parents. Besides cell phones are prohibited on these beaches. Ask me how I know. :D

St-Martin-Club-Orient-at-Orient-Bay.jpg

This is the NEW sign at the boundary of Club Orient, the clothing optional portion of Orient Beach

2213632540096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

No cameras or cell phones. And if the wandering beach patrol doesn't see somebody with a camera, the sunbathers will.

If you want to hit Orient and don't want to see hoo-haas, just hang out at Bikini Beach Bar in the center portion where the cruise ship tours deposit all their passengers.

Just to add: Many Caribbean people are modest. You will see women at the beach wearing t-shirts because even bathing suits are too revealing. The laws reflect this. In the USVI (St Thomas, St John, St Croix, Water Island) public nudity is against the law. Doesn't stop people from trying, but they are subject to fines. The only islands where nudity is tolerated are the French islands. The laws of France extend to the departments.

We've been to the nude beach on St. Maartin a couple times. First time our bus driver told us not to get too excited about it. He said most of the nude sunbathers looked like your in-laws. And he was right. There was a couple, probably in their 80's walking hand in hand down the beach. You had to look carefully to see which was the man and which was the woman.

On that same visit there was a totally nude young man riding a jet ski. Each time he hit a wave my husband would flinch and say, "Ouch."

The second time there were some very attractive fully nude women. It was funny how quickly you got used to it and it became kind of "ho-hum."

But we aren't teenage boys, of course.

Ok, glad to hear no nude beaches where we are going. I know my son would love it!!! lol...Teenager. He would have the cell phone out snaping pics all over the place...lol

In St. Martin Orient nude beach, they will take your camera and nail it to a billboard.

Archived