Just back from the Noordam

rocks

Hi Everyone!

Just got back yesterday from the Noordam - had a WONDERFUL time - and am curious to know if other ships are trying what the Noordam did on the 1st 2 days of our cruise...

We were NOT in a code red, but for 2 days, we could not get our own coffee, tea, ect in the lido, salt & pepper containers were gone from the tables, couldn't get our own salad, ect. This was only in the lido.

They said they were trying this to cut down on the chance of anyone bringing on any illness.

It sounded like a good idea to me; even though so much extra work for the wonderful Crew. After 2 days, everything was back to normal.

Wondering if any other ships are trying this...

rocks

We cruised on the Noordam just before you, March 05 to March 15. I didn't see anything like this at all and as far as I know no noro on this trip. I wonder why they did this.

Glad you had a nice trip!

Cindy

Hi Cindy!

Yes, they told us they were just trying it out since there were other ships that had news of illness.

I have never been on a ship while in code red (thank goodness) but if it helps keep it away, it just might be a good thing.

The Noordam is a WONDERFUL ship with such a GREAT Crew!

rocks

This is 'high season' for Noro and that sounds like a wonderful plan. Noordam had the chance to see if any guests brought the virus on with them and after two days could count cases. If there had been a few cases too many, they headed off having it spread wildly. Happy to hear there was no big outbreak and all was good on Noordam.

Welcome back. Happy you had a wonderful cruise.

We are in the process right now of choosing another Noordam cruise. Can't wait to return to her. :)

Welcome Home!!

I think that what was done on the Noordam sounds like a GREAT IDEA!!! I hope the test extends to at least 3-4 of thje ships and that if it works it becomes a fleet wide habit. Better to have the extra safety and concern for the first couple of days that for the full trip.

Now, all we have to do is wait for you to get your thoughts together and we can read your full review:D

Joanie

Interesting. We have just returrned from the Amazon on a P&O ship we had a similar experience. No bar menus in the bars, no salt and pepper or indeed anything on the lido tables for the first three days. We too were not in code red and several people who were on ]back to back said there had been no illness of which they were aware on the previous cruise. Sounds a good idea. Anything is worth a try.

same thing on our Feb South America cruise on the Veendam - first 2 days, plastic-wrapped around the buffet stations so that only the staff could serve you, even the plates behind the wrapping.....after 2 days, everything back to normal - guess the precautions are working!

This is 'high season' for Noro and that sounds like a wonderful plan. Noordam had the chance to see if any guests brought the virus on with them and after two days could count cases. If there had been a few cases too many, they headed off having it spread wildly. Happy to hear there was no big outbreak and all was good on Noordam.

Welcome back. Happy you had a wonderful cruise.

We are in the process right now of choosing another Noordam cruise. Can't wait to return to her. :)

Didn't realise that it was more likely at certain times of the year?

Any idea why? When does the likelihood decrease (we are on Noordam next month)

:cool: We were on the same cruise. Wonderful meeting Rocks and the many other CC at the M&G. The first few days of the cruise are when extra precautions are necessary. This is for everyone's safety and a minute longer to get coffee served is no big deal.

Will be posting a full review but anyone thinking of booking on the Noordam-just do it. Great ship, cuisine and staff.

Hello - we were on the first leg of the b2b on the Noordam and we didn't have any code reds - although there was at least 1 cabin in quarantine that I heard of. Last year we were on the Zuiderdam when there was a code red for about 5 days. I must commend the staff who have to go the extra distance to serve the food in the Lido - even the hair stylists and manicurists help out. It was not just in the Lido - even in the Vista dining room - no S & P on the table - the waiter served you a bun and butter and the menus were wiped down after every use. I am glad that HAL takes such strong measures to combat the Norwalk - I wouldn't want it any other way!!

Hi Everyone!

Just got back yesterday from the Noordam - had a WONDERFUL time - and am curious to know if other ships are trying what the Noordam did on the 1st 2 days of our cruise...

We were NOT in a code red, but for 2 days, we could not get our own coffee, tea, ect in the lido, salt & pepper containers were gone from the tables, couldn't get our own salad, ect. This was only in the lido.

They said they were trying this to cut down on the chance of anyone bringing on any illness.

It sounded like a good idea to me; even though so much extra work for the wonderful Crew. After 2 days, everything was back to normal.

Wondering if any other ships are trying this...

rocks

I was on that cruise too! (Had a wonderful time.) When I got on the ship March 5th/10 there was nothing like that. Things changed March 15th/10 We could not serve ourselves and by the third day we could. I had heard that there was an outbreak or something like that with a sister ship and HAL did not want to take any chances. Health/saftey. I do not know if that is fact or not. (just saying) :)

:cool: We were on the same cruise. Wonderful meeting Rocks and the many other CC at the M&G. The first few days of the cruise are when extra precautions are necessary. This is for everyone's safety and a minute longer to get coffee served is no big deal.

Will be posting a full review but anyone thinking of booking on the Noordam-just do it. Great ship, cuisine and staff.

I am still unpacking too :( Kinda sad its over........I had such a good time. The Ship/crew everything was really good. Like you said, Just book the Noordam - Great ship! :D

Archived