How does the Crown Princess compare?

ilovhywd

Does the Crown Princess feel more like the Grand Princess? or the Caribbean Princess?

Are there quiet areas to relax and get away from the crowds (other than your balcony?)

Any comments would be appreciated! Thanks!

We were on the Crown in November. It's a beautiful ship and one of the things I like about the Princess ships is there are always places you can find for quiet time. You might try Skywalkers lounge during the day. It is up on deck 18 (or close to that) at the back of the ship. During the day it is really quiet and has a beautiful view of the wake and the horizon. A great place to take a coffee or drink of your choice and read and stare at the ocean. Also on the Promenade deck interior during there are lots of sofas and chairs by Explorers lounge and by the Wheelhouse Bar and Princess theater. It's pretty quiet there during the day except by the Wheelhouse from about 11 - 2 because of the Pub Lunch. I've seen lots of folks playing cards, games and reading on the interior Promenade. On the exterior Promenade they do have chairs and it's a nice quiet place as well. There will typically be people out there reading and walkers going by but pretty peaceful

Enjoy your cruise on the beautiful Crown Princess and you are in for a treat. Roatan is spectacularly beautiful!

We've sailed the Crown and are sailing her again in a few weeks. It is more like the Caribbean, Emerald and Ruby. Lots of little nooks and crannies where you can find some peace and solitude. I especially like the outside Promenade deck where you can sit in peace and listen to the waves splash on the side. My husband and I normally always book inside cabins. Although, we splurged on a balcony on our upcoming cruise. (couldn't pass up the incredible deal). Every night before we retire to our cabin, we always go out onto the outside Promenade deck to watch the stars and listen to the splashing of the waves. It is such a calming feeling after a busy day at port.

Karen

Also the Crown has the International Cafe and the Grand does not. That's a big difference. A couple of other quiet indoor places on the Crown are Adagio during day or evening, and the disco during the day. For outdoor peace and quiet, find a place anywhere aft.

When Princess first announced it was adding an extra deck to the Grand-class design, I thought it was a crazy idea. I never wanted to sail on a ship that large. But last November we went on the Emerald at Thanksgiving. We never felt crowded. We sailed on the Crown earlier this month--during one of the peak spring break weeks. Ditto to our Emerald experience. Somehow Princess manages the crowds.

Our favorite places were Adagios and Skywalkers for drinks before dinner, the Oasis pool in the late afternoon, wherever they had trivia, and the dining room for all our meals.

When Princess first announced it was adding an extra deck to the Grand-class design, I thought it was a crazy idea. I never wanted to sail on a ship that large. But last November we went on the Emerald at Thanksgiving. We never felt crowded. We sailed on the Crown earlier this month--during one of the peak spring break weeks. Ditto to our Emerald experience. Somehow Princess manages the crowds.

Our favorite places were Adagios and Skywalkers for drinks before dinner, the Oasis pool in the late afternoon, wherever they had trivia, and the dining room for all our meals.

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion I respect that. And I certainly want people to keep sailing on these ships just not us. Agree or not agree with space ratios it is the only measurement I know of that predict how crowded a ship will be.

Our experience has been: the Princess Theatre is too crowded, Impossible to see a show in the show lounge unless you stand in the passageway or attended the Art Auction, HC crowded, no pool chairs, Captain Circle party held in shifts, tendering slow, Purser lines, Pizza lines, hamburger lines. Sure I forgot a few.

Food fine, service fine just can't handle the crowds. Seems a reoccurring complaint on reviews on these ships is crowding.

We rarely cruise the Caribbean anymore because of the overcrowding and the number of ships generally in each port. Just our opinion.

I would recommend not sailing on the ship on a cooler weather cruise. It was extremely crowded on our fall foliage trip. So much so, I am afraid to get on the ship again. With everyone inside and no one out by the pools, the inside got very crowded and we could never find seats at the shows.

Archived