FLL hotel with free parking & shuttle

zebra

We are needing a hotel close to the port of FLL where we can park our car for 7 days free and that has a free shuttle to and from the port. Sounds like we want too much right? :confused: I can't wait to hear all your suggestions... thanks.

We are needing a hotel close to the port of FLL where we can park our car for 7 days free and that has a free shuttle to and from the port. Sounds like we want too much right? :confused: I can't wait to hear all your suggestions... thanks.

I used the Days Inn on Boward Ave which offers parking and shuttle service.

Sorry I had the address wrong, it is:

Days Inn,Ft Lauderdale FL

1700 West Broward Blvd I 95,

Fort Lauderdale , FL , 33312

I was told it was a bad section also by a resident, but I have traveled in Ft Lauderdale many times and didn't find it bad. I stayed there along with many more cruisers and left my vehicle all without incident.

What I do find odd is, royalcruz who lives there only has negitives, why doesn't he/she make a suggestion?

I was told it was a bad section also by a resident, but I have traveled in Ft Lauderdale many times and didn't find it bad. I stayed there along with many more cruisers and left my vehicle all without incident.

What I do find odd is, royalcruz who lives there only has negitives, why doesn't he/she make a suggestion?

Yes, I live here, and I knew exactly which hotel you were referring to. I have already made positive suggestions within this same thread, see above. The Days Inn is in a bad part of town...this is accurate information that everyone who lives here is aware of, and I think it is very important information for travelers to know. On a positive note, the main police station is a few blocks east, (across the street from the Salvation Army feeding kitchen and homeless shelter).

you might want to look UP at post #4 where royalcruz MAKES SUGGESTIONS...

Check Hampton Inn FLL and Plantation, Springhill Suites, Cambria, Sleep Inn. These hotels have been coming up a lot on here lately, and I think they might offer the services you are asking about.

see...look here...royalcruz offers suggestions...

(aside from the fact that this question is asked and answered at least 6 times a day here...)

I just made a reservation for the Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise due to the free parking. Trip-advisor reviews lately have been REAL bad which I read after reserving the room. Is this place really that bad?

Can anybody share their experience in this motel? It is the one located on Hwy 1 near 17th.

I just made a reservation for the Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise due to the free parking. Trip-advisor reviews lately have been REAL bad which I read after reserving the room. Is this place really that bad?

Can anybody share their experience in this motel? It is the one located on Hwy 1 near 17th.

I can tell you about the area but not the hotel. The inside scoop on the hotel is another TripAdvisor story. I had an office a block away for a few years, so I'm very familiar. TripAdvisor reviews have been bad for a long while now. The hotels on 17th St (and Hyatt Place on 10th Ave) all get pretty good reviews and the neighborhood is good and has lots of restaurants and convenience shopping. However, the Comfort Suites is just outside the neighborhood by a few blocks, and is by fast food restaurants: Taco Bell, Pollo Tropical, and Burger King. There is also a CVS and Denny's 2 short blocks away. The neighborhood is not bad, but it isn't as desirable, and it's not an area I'd feel as comfortable walking around at night, though it's probably fine. Your car should be as fine there as any other unsecured lot in the area.

I can tell you about the area but not the hotel. The inside scoop on the hotel is another TripAdvisor story. I had an office a block away for a few years, so I'm very familiar. TripAdvisor reviews have been bad for a long while now. The hotels on 17th St (and Hyatt Place on 10th Ave) all get pretty good reviews and the neighborhood is good and has lots of restaurants and convenience shopping. However, the Comfort Suites is just outside the neighborhood by a few blocks, and is by fast food restaurants: Taco Bell, Pollo Tropical, and Burger King. There is also a CVS and Denny's 2 short blocks away. The neighborhood is not bad, but it isn't as desirable, and it's not an area I'd feel as comfortable walking around at night, though it's probably fine. Your car should be as fine there as any other unsecured lot in the area.
Thank you for the info.

I forgot to even ask about the security for car parking. It will be sitting there for 10 days. I sure don't want to take a chance on it being stolen!

How's the neighborhood for the Sleep Inn in Dania?

I don't go down to Dania, but there is a Publix and restaurants across the street, and it's east of US 1 which always tends to be a better neighborhood. This hotel is very popular with cruisers, and I've heard that Poncho's Backyard is the best Mexican restaurant locally.

• 4 weeks later...

So you come to FLL a couple of times for brief stays and leave your car in a crappy part of town that locals tell you is crime ridden and yet you encourage others to do the same?

Royalcruz always gives very sound valuable advice on this forum. I suggest you follow some of her suggestions.

You are lucky your car hasn't been stolen or vandalized.

I realize these comments are a few weeks old.

Actually, you've already been appropriately reprimanded already (:p) but I did want to reiterate that royalcruz has been a faithful and wonderful addition to these boards. Her insight and suggestions are absolutely invaluable, and she always answers without getting snippy - even when the same questions come up every day. It's a shame you didn't come back to this thread and apologize to her. :(

After reading all the reviews on this hotel again, I canceled it. I now have reservations at the Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise South. The parking during the cruise is 6.00 a day which I will suck up and pay. All the reviews look real good for this hotel.

Royalcruz - This is on Stirling Rd. in Hollywood, is this a safe area to leave my car and how about close restaurants?

After reading all the reviews on this hotel again, I canceled it. I now have reservations at the Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise South. The parking during the cruise is 6.00 a day which I will suck up and pay. All the reviews look real good for this hotel.

Royalcruz - This is on Stirling Rd. in Hollywood, is this a safe area to leave my car and how about close restaurants?

PhantomII - I found this Hotel with free parking.

Hilton Garden Inn Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport180 SW 18th Avenue, Dania, Florida, USA 33004

Tel: 1-954-924-9204 Fax: 1-954-924-9042

spacer.gif

spacer.gifRate Type Detailsspacer.gif

spacer.gifspacer.gifRate Type:PORT EVERGLADES CRUISE PACKAGE

BUFFET BREAKFAST - COMP PARKING 21 DAYS INCL. COMP SHUTTLE TO PORT EVERGLADES ONLY INCL.

$165.96

• 1 month later...

Originally Posted by mfeenker viewpost.gif

I used the Days Inn on Boward Ave which offers parking and shuttle service.

No way! That is in the worst part of town!

Know anything about the Days Inn on N.29th Ave.? How's the neighborhood? Thanks.

I have friends who have stayed at that Comfort Inn and like it. They are going to stay there again this year.

We have stayed at Springhill Suites several times. They let us leave our car free and had a free shuttle to the port. There was a charge for the return. But we just always get a cab back because it is quicker and we are anxious to get on the road. Its a long trip back home.

Archived