Just booked my first cruise...Emerald Princess!!

Moosey3

Well after weeks of research and hours spent reading posts on here I finally booked my first cruise!! My boyfriend and I will be sailing on the Emerald Princess from August 22-29 doing the eastern Caribbean itinerary. We'll be visiting Princess Cays, St. Thomas, St. Marteen and Grand Turk. I'm so excited!! I'm looking to eat myself stupid and enjoy all the ship has to offer.

Denise

Have fun! We're looking forward to our cruise on the Emerald in January - not our first cruise, but it's our first on Emerald. If you have any questions, people here are happy to help!

Well after weeks of research and hours spent reading posts on here I finally booked my first cruise!! My boyfriend and I will be sailing on the Emerald Princess from August 22-29 doing the eastern Caribbean itinerary. We'll be visiting Princess Cays, St. Thomas, St. Marteen and Grand Turk. I'm so excited!! I'm looking to eat myself stupid and enjoy all the ship has to offer.

Denise

You're gonna love it! Cruising is so awesome, in my opinion the absolute best vacation value for the dollar (though they're about to raise the prices, I hope you beat that).

You'll get lots of great info and advice on these boards. For now, I'll just tell you that my girlfriend and I just cruised on Emarald two sailings ago and she's a beautiful ship. I hope you enjoy sailing on her, and cruising in general.

Have fun!!

Denise

Welcome to cruising and welcome to Cruise Critic. My DH, DFIL, DMIL, and I will be on the Emerald the week before you. Have a great cruise.

Denise

Be sure to check out the Roll Call section for your cruise. You can meet other CC members who will be on the same cruise - this can be lots of fun! Enjoy your first cruise, you will soon be hooked like the rest of us:)

Denise

We did that itinerary on our first cruise-last year.I kept a notebook to record comments and suggestions I read on these boards and I found they were very useful.The shopping in St Thomas was fun because they had both a market and a bazillion jewellery stores.I only needed one jewellery store!And the beaches are spectacular.

Thanks everyone!! Now I'm even more excited from reading all of your posts. Looks like everyone loves the Emerald! I already joined my roll call but it looks like not a lot of people are sailing with me. I'm excited that a few of you will be sailing just before me, I look forward to reading all of your reviews!!

Denise

Yes, Moosey - Please join our roll call. There are only a few of us on the Roll Call right now. Makes me wonder when this cruise will begin to fill up! :eek: Only 5 more months!

We finally got our cruise booked over the weekend. We have alot to celebrate this year: my mom turned 80, my son and niece are graduating from high school, my hub and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary. I felt like I did alot of research to pick this cruise and now I am just terrified. (That and I read that they charge for coffee???? Dear heavens, I will go bankrupt feeding my habit!)

My biggest fear is that my son and nieces aren't going to have a good time. They are in the nasty twilight zone age that cruises don't seem to cater too (18,19,20). I am up for any and all advice related to amusing them and finding out what we are allowed to bring on board.

(That and I read that they charge for coffee???? Dear heavens, I will go bankrupt feeding my habit!).

The coffee that is made from a syrup is at no charge. This is what is served in the restaurants, the buffet, and from room service.

Some people like this. Some detest it.

If you prefer to have fresh brewed coffee, it is also available (I think $1.00/cup) but an option is a Coffee Card for $24+15% tip. This card has 15 puinches for specialty coffees but as long as at least one punch remains, you can have unlimited fresh brewed coffee at the bars which have it.

We are leaving on the Emerald Princess on April 18 and this will be our 3rd time on this ship. We absolutely love this ship. Each time we've been on it, we've done different itineraries and this is actually going to be the first 7 nighter on this ship (we've done two 10 nighters on the Emerald)We are counting down our days and can not wait. Great choice on ship and itinerary. Have fun!!!

Denise

Great choice Denise - we sailed on her last October, same itinerary & absolutely LOVED it....hope you have a great cruise & make sure to check out the IC (International Cafe) great Chicken & Shrimp salads:D plus much more....

Well this last Feb., was our first cruise and we were on the same itinerary on the Emerald. We had such a great time and the food. Oh but the MUTS was the best fresh popcorn and warm cookies......ummmm. Has us hooked...booked for Feb/2011.....You will have a great time.:)

And here is more to be excited about!!! I just checked on line and the price for our cruise just went up today $150 per person! Glad we booked early and you got in just in time. :D

I heard the prices were going up April 2nd that's why I booked on Monday! But it's weird because when I check the prices they still look the same. Where do you see that they've gone up?

You'll love the Emerald and your first cruise! We did that same cruise in January and it was my best cruise, yet!

(oh and definitely get the 'cup of joy' from the International Cafe...yum!)

I just read about the cup of joy!! What exactly is in it? It looks divine. I'm so excited about the International Cafe now because I hear they have awesome chicken and shrimp salads and pastries. Now my only problem is trying to fit in all the restaurants in a day :p

Archived