How do you get your wine on the airlines?

Yup - you have to check it...

I've save some inserts from wine I've gotten through the mail (styrofoam), place the wine and use a bungy cord to hold the two pieces together. Packed in the middle of a bag - very safe and if it has to be inspected, they can restore it the way it was (tried duct tape the first time - no problems, but the inspectors did break the tape to look inside).

I've also mailed myself wine to be delivered to my hotel (night before the cruise).

Good luck

personally I wrap mine in bubble wrap and place it in a new kitchen sized garbage bag and tape it up (incase by some slim chance it leaks) I have never had a problem doing this. BUT I guess if your wine bottle is like 3 or 4 oz I guess you could carry it on :D

Remember that Carnival's new policy only allows you to bring one bottle per person, and that has to be in your carry-on. So you have to take it out of your checked luggage before you leave the luggage with the porters and carry it on in your carry-on stuff. This has recently changed, but that is the way it was in February in San Diego.

I was going to bring some German wine (from Germany - that I brought home) but decided against it. I wouldnt want to take the change that it would break in my luggage so I will just to the Publix across the street from my hotel and buy some that I will carry on when we get to Miami.

Was on a real roll with wine/liquor in checked suitcases on aircraft. No problems for many trips.

On one trip, a bottle of vodka kind of shattered in our suitcase. Someone told us it may have been a defect in the bottle. Luckily, it was on the return home and was NOT red wine! :eek: In Zip-loc bag so okay, but could have been very bad.

I always bubble wrap and do the two gallon bags as mentioned above. I now double bag. Works very well and if you have a problem, you will be glad you had them in the bags.

Archived