Can you bring a golf club?

Hello All,

My boyfriend and I will be traveling on the Explorer in June and we will be stopping at Coco Cay. Since there isn't really much to do at that port I figured he would probably love to hit a few golf balls around in the sand.

Has anyone ever brought a club on board? Do you know if this is okay?

Thanks!

Hello All,

My boyfriend and I will be traveling on the Explorer in June and we will be stopping at Coco Cay. Since there isn't really much to do at that port I figured he would probably love to hit a few golf balls around in the sand.

Has anyone ever brought a club on board? Do you know if this is okay?

Thanks!

I doubt it will be a problem to bring a golf club onboard, but - though I´ve never been to Coco Cay, I can hardly see someone hitting a few golf balls around on a beach with thousands fellow cruisers around.

My brother and hubby brought their full sets of golf clubs aboard before, lots of avid golfers do so they can do the golfing shore excursions. On every cruise I've been on I've seen people hauling their golf clubs through the check-in line. Seems to be a pretty normal occurrence.

~Lisa :p

We had a wood carving confiscated during our cruise to Hawaii. It was returned to us at the end of the cruise, but they deemed it could be used as a weapon. :eek:

That being said, I think it depends on the security folks on the ship as to what is OK and what isn't. Here is a short clip from the RCI website, and I have highlighted a couple of things:

The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Candles & Incense
  • Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • **Alcoholic Beverages
  • Note:

*Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.
    ** Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

How much different is a hockey stick and a golf club? Just one more of those things that can be open to interpretation!;)

If you just bring one club, it will probably be thought of as a weapon--if you bring all of your clubs, they'll think you're going to play golf!

Correct, however there isn't a course on CocoCay so they may not be able to carry the clubs off the ship.

###

Archived