Are felons allowed to cruise?

ssatterly

We're very careful up here who we choose to allow in. Sorry for making you guys suffer with Celine Dion.

You said it Nunu...and our friends south of the border should send Sidney Crosby home...:D

Is this a serious question? If so, why in the world would you hang out with and pay for a felon? Family or not, I would never.

I'm sure his lawyer, the courts, the local police department or the 1-800 number would be more useful to get information from.

Is this a serious question? If so, why in the world would you hang out with and pay for a felon? Family or not, I would never.

I'm sure his lawyer, the courts, the local police department or the 1-800 number would be more useful to get information from.

I feel the same way. I tried to get my family to uninvite Aunt Martha last Thanksgiving to no avail.

martha-stewart.jpg

Family is family...And everyone makes mistakes...We will not turn our back on family...but with that said we have not made a decision to take him for sure or not....We are just looking into the possiblity's

Family is family...And everyone makes mistakes...We will not turn our back on family...but with that said we have not made a decision to take him for sure or not....We are just looking into the possiblity's

Even if his name is Ted Bundy:confused:

Easy answer to an odd question :cool:

YES he can travel as long as he is not on parole or probation. And even if he was the only thing that would prevent him would be his terms with the probation or parole officer...which in 99.9% of the cases would not allow him to leave the state or county in which he resides. Just because he isnt a felong doesnt exclude him from traveling. If he is a sex offended that may prevent him from traveling also...but again that all depends on his terms of release. If he is free and clear...all his time has been served, he has no outstanding warrants and no terms of parole or probation then it sounds like he will be going on a cruise.

I do work in Law Enforcement so I am sure these answers are correct :D

As far as the price to add him to your cabin...that you would need to take up with your travel agent or with carnival if you booked through their website. its typically much less then the cost of the first 2 people in the cabin.

You said it Nunu...and our friends south of the border should send Sidney Crosby home...:D

In fairness, if you send Sid back, we'll let you keep Celine AND Keanu!

I guess Alex Trebek and Pamella Anderson aren't bargaining chips ! ! :D

Easy answer to an odd question :cool:

YES he can travel as long as he is not on parole or probation. And even if he was the only thing that would prevent him would be his terms with the probation or parole officer...which in 99.9% of the cases would not allow him to leave the state or county in which he resides. Just because he isnt a felong doesnt exclude him from traveling. If he is a sex offended that may prevent him from traveling also...but again that all depends on his terms of release. If he is free and clear...all his time has been served, he has no outstanding warrants and no terms of parole or probation then it sounds like he will be going on a cruise.

I do work in Law Enforcement so I am sure these answers are correct :D

As far as the price to add him to your cabin...that you would need to take up with your travel agent or with carnival if you booked through their website. its typically much less then the cost of the first 2 people in the cabin.

Thank you.. We plan to wait to add him till nwe know more for sure...If we add him at all..Is up in the air right now....

I am shocked by one of the remarks by a poster (why would you take a felon). Are you kidding me - a felony can be anything from a check over a certain amount to a murder. You don't know what this person did. I believe he's in jail, so obviously he got caught and maybe learned something from it. There is in fact a professor in a college in this country who is a convicted Felon, seen the news. People are awfully judgemental. I sometimes wonder if it were their child might they be a little more willing to give another chance:eek: Many people in this country who went on to be very successful are actually "convicted felons". I think the reason people get stuck on the word "FELON" so much is the news always says "Convicted Felon" without stating the range of crimes that fall under what might have somebody convicted has a FELON.

Well if your sure he wont be on parole, probation or has to register as a sex offender then he should be good to go without any issues. And if he has been locked up a while I am sure he could use a vacation. Everyone makes mistakes...I can understand that. Its the people who keep making the same mistakes that get under my skin. I obviously see people in trouble every day and I see that some truely realize they messed up and they do what it takes to fix their life while others truely dont give 2 sh*ts and keep repeating their crimes. If he has learned from his mistakes...take him! He will enjoy it.

People need to understand...everyone makes mistakes. No one is perfect! Here in AZ its a felony to have any amount of marijuana...and I do mean ANY amount. There are other small crimes that can make you a felon. Im sure if he did something real bad he wouldnt be getting out with such a small amount of time behind bars.

I am shocked by one of the remarks by a poster (why would you take a felon). Are you kidding me - a felony can be anything from a check over a certain amount to a murder. You don't know what this person did. I believe he's in jail, so obviously he got caught and maybe learned something from it. There is in fact a professor in a college in this country who is a convicted Felon, seen the news. People are awfully judgemental. I sometimes wonder if it were their child might they be a little more willing to give another chance:eek: Many people in this country who went on to be very successful are actually "convicted felons". I think the reason people get stuck on the word "FELON" so much is the news always says "Convicted Felon" without stating the range of crimes that fall under what might have somebody convicted has a FELON.

Thank you for that post... That is so true....I wish more people felt and thought this way.

Ok Ok.. Here is a question that maybe someone could answer. My step son now would like to come with us...BUT there is a few questions I won't book him untill I know the answers for sure....Ok right now he is in prison he gets out Aug. 18th...He is a felon..Can felon's go on cruises? Also how much would it cost to add him to our blacony cabin. I won't add him untill I know for sure if he can go and i won't add him untill he has offically set foot out of prison...I don't want to spend the money till I know for sure he would be allowed togo..

Thanks

Um...why wouldn't they be allowed to? There isn't a little box you have to check on a form anywhere that asks you to admit that you are a felon before taking a cruise.

As a matter of fact, I bet there just might be a felon on almost every cruise out there (as a passenger).

CeleBrat

As a matter of fact, I bet there just might be a felon on almost every cruise out there (as a passenger).

CeleBrat

Id bet a months pay that there IS at least a handful of felons on every cruise I have been on and will ever go on. Big deal. Hopefully they learned from their mistakes and have grown up and moved on.

Next subject!:eek:

I believe the remark was "Why would you pay for a felon";)

Archived