Bingo

smudgie

All ships have Bingo. I had never played until last year when I won a free card at the sail away party. They told me to go to the last set of games for the jackpot and I duly attended and won $250. I did not inspire me to become a regular attendee. It always seems very busy.

A few years ago, I won the snowball jackpot on the Crown. I don't play anymore, as I figured I'd never be that lucky twice. I now play trivia, which is usually scheduled at the same time as Bingo.

There is a great "madness" in the line and in the room to play. Get to the venue early, get your cards [they're actually made of paper] and you can buy as many as you like. They serve drinks and depending on the crew, it can be very entertaining.

You may get lucky and win. It's usually right before the "big show" or just following one event or another. So, getting there early can be very advantageous in getting the "right" seat!

Good luck. Getting handed some extra cash is always fun! :)

I also heard that some of the ships have Bingo, my lord have not played in years...have talk my husband into trying it...

anyone every play it? I am making myself feel old hahaha

Some of the ships do have BINGO. And the other ships have it too. You are about as likely to see a BINGO game as you are to see salt water.

i won the $500 booby prize when the 1500 wasn't won in 53 numbers, i needed 56 or so numbers. I was really close to getting the snowball. This was just last month. I promptly brought it down and put it on our shipboard account. DD asked hubby what he would do if he won 500 playing bingo. ( thats how we told him)

its a fun way to spend 45 minutes loosing $30 and depending on your host its very entertaining

I am sailing on my first cruise in August on the Sapphire.

Are the prices $20 per bingo card for one game? Or do you get a pack of 3 or more cards for $20? Also, do they supply daubers (the things you dot the papers with) or are those extra?

You get a pack of cards for all the games.

We play sometimes. It's a lot of fun. I have never won though.

I am sailing on my first cruise in August on the Sapphire.

Are the prices $20 per bingo card for one game? Or do you get a pack of 3 or more cards for $20? Also, do they supply daubers (the things you dot the papers with) or are those extra?

Daubers are extra.

Do you need daubers? I know Carnival has the cards where the middle of each number pokes and folds back. Are the cards on Princess like this?

Some ships have those kind of cards (those seem to be phasing out...) and others have the ones that need a dauber. Bring one if you have one just in case...

Do you need daubers? I know Carnival has the cards where the middle of each number pokes and folds back. Are the cards on Princess like this?

the past 7 cruises were these type of cards with 5 different games. on our last cruise in March on Sapphire (for the same price) it is now only 4 different games and we now have to buy daubers. we only played once instead of every game as we felt a little jipped...guess they're cutting costs! we found other things to do instead of bingo...

We must be playing a different game of Bingo......I've never had to buy a dauber........

The cards are made of paper and you simply push through the folded chad on each number.

This is what we did in January onboard the Carnival Splendor and months before onboard the Golden Princess.

When did they change it?

Every Princess cruise I have been on (starting in 2006) has been dauber type cards. I was on Carnival in September and they had the push out kind. We like the dauber type better.

Using a highligter is a great idea too.

Every Princess cruise I have been on (starting in 2006) has been dauber type cards. I was on Carnival in September and they had the push out kind. We like the dauber type better.

Using a highligter is a great idea too.

The highlighter is a great idea.....we always bring highlighters along to highlight events that we want to attend during the day. I'll stick one in my pocket before we go to the bingo game.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Archived