Are electric candles allowed?

101Jus

I understand that there are no balcony lights on the Solstice class ships and so I'm thinking about bringing an electric candle with us. It's made of real wax but is battery-operated and completely safe. Will trying to bring it onboard create an issue? Would like to be able to sit outside on our balcony in the late evening after the kids have gone to bed and have some sort of lighting on (kids won't sleep if any of the room lights are on). A torch is a little less romantic!

Justin

Little battery-operated votive candles are great as bathroom nightlights. Since the switch for the lights is outside the door, every time a roomie gets up in the night, the bathroom light is bright! With a little votive glowing inside, there's just enough illumination.

Actually, the Solstice ships have a built in night light in the bath. When you turn out the lights in the cabin at night, the night light stays on. It does not intrude into the cabin.

I understand that there are no balcony lights on the Solstice class ships and so I'm thinking about bringing an electric candle with us. It's made of real wax but is battery-operated and completely safe. Will trying to bring it onboard create an issue? Would like to be able to sit outside on our balcony in the late evening after the kids have gone to bed and have some sort of lighting on (kids won't sleep if any of the room lights are on). A torch is a little less romantic!

Justin

We took them on the Equinox TA to use on the verandah at night. It was very romantic...:)

Justin

Only if you have room for your formal clothes.;)

Curious why they don't have lighting on the balconies.

On the rest of the fleet, they do ask that you turn off the balcony lights at night, turning them on only when you are out there. The lights disorient migrating birds and other wildlife.

Maybe there were too many people that didn't abide by the request.

Archived