ATTN SUMMIT cruisers out of Bayonne 2010

Terry in NJ

Just an FYI,

I received a "generic" email from Celebrity yesterday, advertising sailings on the Summit. (I do not believe this counts as a "Tuesday" special that I've read about here.)

Well the prices looked pretty low for my 8-29 NE sailing. I called my TA and got an almost $400 reduction for my Cat. 7 outside cabin (3 pax). :D

I also got two other couples traveling with us $300 reductions each for balcony cabins.

Celebrity honored the price reduction match for us. Good luck!

Just an FYI,

I received a "generic" email from Celebrity yesterday, advertising sailings on the Summit. (I do not believe this counts as a "Tuesday" special that I've read about here.)

Well the prices looked pretty low for my 8-29 NE sailing. I called my TA and got an almost $400 reduction for my Cat. 7 outside cabin (3 pax). :D

I also got two other couples traveling with us $300 reductions each for balcony cabins.

Thanks for the heads up--

I checked the website and we are still priced at $1429 for our Sept 5th (Labor Day) sailing for a C-2 cabin:(

To me that is still high. We have had 1 small reduction since we booked. We are thinking about changing the sailing date if others dates are so much less!!!

.Do you think calling would yield a lower price or should we just keep checking the website???

Thanks for the heads up--

I checked the website and we are still priced at $1429 for our Sept 5th (Labor Day) sailing for a C-2 cabin:(

To me that is still high. We have had 1 small reduction since we booked. We are thinking about changing the sailing date if others dates are so much less!!!

.Do you think calling would yield a lower price or should we just keep checking the website???

If you qualify for the Military rate, you can get a C2 on the 30 May sailing to Bermuda for $979, and a C3 for $949.

Having a lowered cost basis is great!

That will increase the cabin fill rate too.;)

Just an FYI,

Actually, I need to clarify - I was just excited. Yes, we did save $300 per person, but it was because our category (C1) was finally offered as a senior fare (I had even started a thread a couple of weeks ago about how our category was not lowered, but others were)...I guess they had enough cancellations (final payment is due in a week or so) that they were able to offer the discount.

Just wanted to clarify it had nothing to do with an overall discounting like mentioned in the OP.

But I'll take it! :)

Just an FYI,

Great of you to let people know!

This is the type of information you should share with folks on your Roll Call.

He may not be on a roll call. I think it is best in the regular forum here, more people will see it..in case they do not want to join a roll call.

Archived