Special items to pack

Do you bring a hermetically sealed chemical warfare suit to protect you from all those bad germs floating around in the air? :rolleyes:

Bravo.

An alarm clock

A lanyard for my cruise card, as not all my outfits have pockets and I dislike carrying handbags or beachbags around the ship. I prefer to entertain the illusion that the ship is my home and at home I don't usually carry a bag when I go from one room to another! You look less dorky if you have a lanyard that doesn't say "Princess"; I usually bring one from one of my alma maters (undergrad, master's, or the institution from which I'm earning my doctorate -- whichever school colours best match the mood of the cruise!).

Books. Lots and lots of books.

Bravo.

An alarm clock

A lanyard for my cruise card, as not all my outfits have pockets and I dislike carrying handbags or beachbags around the ship. I prefer to entertain the illusion that the ship is my home and at home I don't usually carry a bag when I go from one room to another! You look less dorky if you have a lanyard that doesn't say "Princess"; I usually bring one from one of my alma maters (undergrad, master's, or the institution from which I'm earning my doctorate -- whichever school colours best match the mood of the cruise!).

Books. Lots and lots of books.

Hi Annie,

Instead of taking all those books why don't you buy a Kindle. I love mine when I travel - I just load it up with books and throw it in my handbag. I save so much weight in my luggage. Which cruise are you taking this Christmas>

Carol in Carmel

I am bringing a bungee cord to keep my balcony door open at night, to have the nice, fresh ocean air circulating throughout the cabin... Can't wait! :D

I'm not being critical, but never having travelled on a ship with a verandah, where you can open the door, all we had was two secured portholes, could there be a problem with wave action flooding your cabin?

Or are you too high up, but....big waves occur.

Dick

We always bring a 5 outlet surge protector to plug battery rechargers for camcorders, toothbrushes, etc. There is only 1 plug in the room, so we have extras and it is safe.

We have a mesh bag for dirty clothes to go into. We are doing carry on so 4 days of clothes for the 2 of us. SO day 4 we take the bag with my Purex 3 in 1 sheet to do laundry in the morning & we are set til we do laundry again at home. I also carry 2 sheet just in case the flight is cancelled or they move us to the ennxt day flying home. Then I can do laundry at the hotel.

Oust santizing spray is great to spray everything from phone receiver to remote to handles in room. It cleans the air with very little spray. I use it monthly at home to spray the same items there too. We have not been ill since they invented it in 2009.

I bring 4 zip open packets of conditioner from hair color instead of a big bottle. Majority of cruises have conditioning shampoo but I cannot comb my long hair without a good conditioner.

I'm not being critical, but never having travelled on a ship with a verandah, where you can open the door, all we had was two secured portholes, could there be a problem with wave action flooding your cabin?

Or are you too high up, but....big waves occur.

Dick

If the waves are that high you have more problems than worrying about an open verandah door.

I always bring my travel alarm clock which also shows the temperature in the room. Helps me regulate the temp to where we like it

Just returned from a river cruise that had NO hooks in the cabins so I'm thrilled I took my Command Hooks and won't go anywhere without them now.

Post it notes, clothespins, small first aid kit

Myself, my wife, clothes and camera. Can't be dealing with air fresheners, plug in this that or the other, coolers, heaters, kitchen sink, drinks etc.

The ship has everything available we are likely to need and I want to enjoy every minute on board. If that means spending an extra $2 on a beer or a bandage then so be it.

My MedJetAssist card, so a spouse will have all the info he/she needs to have me transferred from a hospital in Barbados, Maui, St. Petersburg, or wherever, to a hospital of my choice in the U.S.

Bill

Hi Annie,

Instead of taking all those books why don't you buy a Kindle. I love mine when I travel - I just load it up with books and throw it in my handbag. I save so much weight in my luggage. Which cruise are you taking this Christmas>

Carol in Carmel

Can you please explain this *Kindle* to me,,,,,,I have heard about it a few times but have no idea what it actually is :confused: & where I can get one.

Thanx a bunch!

Happy Cruising..........

DonnaF :D

I forgot about the folding scissors I take.....I use plastic cable ties to 'lock' my luggage and put the scissors in an outside pocket of the suitcase. I have never had a problem taking it through security

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0033UBBWK?tag=travsnipandmo-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B0033UBBWK&adid=1YXCBV926QB528SE8JZ0&

I also use plastic cable ties for my luggage and have had them snipped many times so customs could go through our luggage and leave a note in them that they had been seached 'at random' without our knowledge :mad: But we have nothing to hide, still feels like a bit of invasion of ones privacy. :eek: JMO of course.

Happy Cruising........

I also use plastic cable ties for my luggage and have had them snipped many times so customs could go through our luggage and leave a note in them that they had been seached 'at random' without our knowledge :mad: But we have nothing to hide, still feels like a bit of invasion of ones privacy. :eek: JMO of course.

Happy Cruising........

You have no privacy rights when it comes to Customs. :rolleyes:

Happy Cruising........

And we have been fortunate never to have ours cut.

But we also use the ties when staying at hotels, if no safe, and we want to make something a bit less accessible...we put it in our suitcase and cable tie the zipper

Can you please explain this *Kindle* to me,,,,,,I have heard about it a few times but have no idea what it actually is :confused: & where I can get one.

Thanx a bunch!

Happy Cruising..........

It's an electronic book. I think Sony has one too. I'm still on the fence about this - I don't know if I want one. I think I'd want to try one out for a bit to see if I'm comfortable reading something on a screen - I don't like reading anything very long on my computer.

It's an electronic book. I think Sony has one too. I'm still on the fence about this - I don't know if I want one. I think I'd want to try one out for a bit to see if I'm comfortable reading something on a screen - I don't like reading anything very long on my computer.

I will have to check this out. How does it work, where do u get it and then the books :confused: OMG - so much to learn :p

Happy Cruising.......

I will have to check this out. How does it work, where do u get it and then the books :confused: OMG - so much to learn :p

Happy Cruising.......

Kindle is from Amazon

Details at Amazon's page for the Kindle Book Reader

The electronic books that Amazon sells are encumbered with access restrictions [the newspeak for it is 'digital rights management'] but it is possible to upload unencrypted books [Project Gutenberg, Baen Webscriptions] to the device as well.

small luggage scale

battery operated candle

small 8-pk shoulder cooler bag

NCL waterbottle holder tote

over the door shoe bag

pop up hampers-various sizes

ziplocks/baggies

individual sanitary wipes

little first-aid kit

Puffs tissues

cloth flipflops--for wearing ONLY in the cabin--

NCL fold up nylon frisbee--but makes a great little hand-held fan to fan yourself on those HOT days!!

(these things are always packed in my carry-on ready to GO)

- Tivas (watershoes: basically sandals which can be worn in the water)

- inexpensive Swiss army knife (packed in the check-in luggage). I got tired of forgetting my good Swiss army knife in my pocket when I checked in for the return air flight, and thus losing it to TSA. So I bought a couple of cheap ones on Ebay, and take one with me to have in my pocket on the cruise. Never seems to be a problem in the ports, but must be put back in the check-in luggage once you take the return flight home. (Some of us men feel naked without a Swiss army knife in our pocket:D)

- USB card adapter to transfer photos from my camera to my laptop

Bill

51s6nWUPAHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

we modified the shoe bag tip and bought one of these - it has zippers so we can easily just unhook it from the door, roll it up and secure it with the velcro strap it has and put it in our case. I think that's easier than using the shoe carrier. I was surprised at the size of it, it is about 242 long x 10" wide. I should be able to get most of my bathroom stuff in there.:D

Archived