Our guaranteed OV cabins are assigned

Jo2310

linking reservations is for dining, not cabin locations

I booked a specific balcony on Voyager and a guarantee inside for my children in their 20's. The TA linked the reservations. Within a week, RCI assigned them an inside cabin a few doors down from ours.

Two of our sons 19 & 22 will be sailing with us in Aug. As a mom I would NOT feel comfortable letting them stay 6 decks away. I try to err on the side of caution especially after reading c r u i s e b r u i s e(dot)com. Kids will be kids and the cruiseline will hold you responsible for any actions. I read about where a family was let off at the next port because of the actions from one of her sons friends that were traveling with them. Just thought I would try to give a little advice :)

We booked through a TA on IOTS this July as a block guarantee with a balcony for us and an inside for our 22 & 24 year olds. Due to DH's mobility problems we were given a cabin on deck 7 near the forward elevators and originally told by TA that most likely our children would be near us. RC then put them on deck 6 (inside) aft and won't move them any nearer. They don't mind as they are both mature and will do their own thing most of the time. It could have been further away I know. My only worry was if something happened that they would be away from us. (Mums never stop worrying:)). We do have a connecting room looking at the symbols but as it is a silver wedding cruise for us and we are paying we couldn't afford to have 2 balconies.

We booked through a TA on IOTS this July as a block guarantee with a balcony for us and an inside for our 22 & 24 year olds. Due to DH's mobility problems we were given a cabin on deck 7 near the forward elevators and originally told by TA that most likely our children would be near us. RC then put them on deck 6 (inside) aft and won't move them any nearer. They don't mind as they are both mature and will do their own thing most of the time. It could have been further away I know. My only worry was if something happened that they would be away from us. (Mums never stop worrying:)). We do have a connecting room looking at the symbols but as it is a silver wedding cruise for us and we are paying we couldn't afford to have 2 balconies.

Why near the forward elevators? Except for the main show room, most everything is near the aft elevators.

We only got to know our cabin number and location when our TA rang to ask us what DH's mobility problems were exactly and how big his wheelchair was. I don't think under our block booking we would have been told cabin no until much later. He will be using a wheelchair so walking will not be a problem for him. This is our first cruise and we have learnt one or two things the 'hard way'.

Archived