Water package on Celebrity Equinox

trvlrs

Hello Everyone - We booked our Aug 6th mediteranean cruise on Celebrity Equinox. Does anyone have any information about the water package? Is it worth it? How much does a bottle of water cost at dinner time? What about at the bar? or throughout the ship? I am trying to calculate if we would actually drink $270 worth of water. It seems a bit steep. Thank you

Hello Everyone - We booked our Aug 6th mediteranean cruise on Celebrity Equinox. Does anyone have any information about the water package? Is it worth it? How much does a bottle of water cost at dinner time? What about at the bar? or throughout the ship? I am trying to calculate if we would actually drink $270 worth of water. It seems a bit steep. Thank you

Last month on the Equinox we paid $4.60 (including 15%) for a large bottle of Evian and $2.88 for a small bottle.

Mari:)

We booked AQ on Equinox in Feb and since it was a hot Caribbean-Panama cruise and a lot of pool time, we each drank 3-4 large Evian's per day. We were on an 11 night cruise, doing the math: we paid $50 pp more for AQ than CC. We drank anywhere between $303 & 404 worth of water. (drank 3 X's that in martini's!) :p

Hope this helps!

we just got back from a week on the summit. we were allowed to take as much water onboard as wanted. we bought it from the duty free at the ship. next time i would buy it elsewhere as it would be cheaper. $5.99/12

Thank you all for your replies. They all helped. We are booked in the Concierge Class not the Aqua (it's sold out). I am a little disappointed with Celebrity Concierge Class. They have taken away a lot the amenities which they offered in the past. We cruised Celebrity Concierge Class to Alaska in 2005 and it was great.

I am looking forward to our Mediteranean cruise (especially the ports) and I hope Celebrity will not disappoint.

It will be hot, I am sure we will be consuming a lot of water. I have to do the math. I also thought about bringing water on board from some of the ports. I just don't think we want to fuss with that.

Thank you all again

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you all for your replies. They all helped. We are booked in the Concierge Class not the Aqua (it's sold out). I am a little disappointed with Celebrity Concierge Class. They have taken away a lot the amenities which they offered in the past. We cruised Celebrity Concierge Class to Alaska in 2005 and it was great.

I am looking forward to our Mediteranean cruise (especially the ports) and I hope Celebrity will not disappoint.

It will be hot, I am sure we will be consuming a lot of water. I have to do the math. I also thought about bringing water on board from some of the ports. I just don't think we want to fuss with that.

Thank you all again

What amenities have been taken away?

• 1 year later...

New to Celebrity and sailing the Solstice in January. I drink alot of water ( I am not a soda drinker) and am not picky about a particular brand, and don't mind tap. I know I won't bother taking water on board.

Is there a reason NOT to drink ship water?

Thanks.

M

This ship water is perfectly fine to drink and most people simply go with that option. It is likely as good, if not better quality, than most bottled waters. All the food, coffee, tea etc. on board is made with the ship's tap water. Some people contend there are trace amounts of sodium in the ship's water and that this causes them to retain excess water, and feel that bottled water relieves this.

This ship water is perfectly fine to drink and most people simply go with that option. It is likely as good, if not better quality, than most bottled waters. All the food, coffee, tea etc. on board is made with the ship's tap water. Some people contend there are trace amounts of sodium in the ship's water and that this causes them to retain excess water, and feel that bottled water relieves this.

Thanks – likely it is the sodium in the food that bloats folks on a cruise. (or maybe it is the desserts at every meal!):D

M

We drink a lot of water and on our cruises we've learned to stick with bottled water on the ships. We've found that we do retain water and get swollen feet, hands and ankles if we drink the ship's water.

Some people seem effected by this while others don't have any issues.

There have been lots of threads debating this and I found out a lot about the subject on our last cruise - I posted a short report about what I found in this posting: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28708782

I'll also say that I don't avoid all ship's water. I'll still drink beverages made with ship's water (juice, coffee, ice in drinks, etc.) and I'll occasionally drink a little.

Other than that issue the water on the ships usually looks and tastes just fine. I say usually as we've been 3 Celebrity cruises were there have been issues (out of 16). None of these have been within the past few years and none were on the S class ships. Once on Millennium in 2007 the water had a strong chemical taste like some sort of medicine or disinfectant. This was a cruise following a severe norovirus breakout and it could be that they upped the water treatment as part of the successful procedures followed to stop that breakout. On two other cruises (can't remember which ships for certain) there was one time each that the water from our taps came out a disgusting murky color. Customer relations reported it was from "stirring the tanks" and that the water was safe. In any event it was distasteful looking enough to deter one from wanting to let it touch them let alone drink it.

Archived