Eyelash extensions....

I would hesitate trying this procedure because I'd be concerned that when one takes them off you might pull your own lashes out.

I have fairly long dark lashes but when I use Maybelline's blackest black mascara, they appear much longer and darker. I have used this product for over 30 years and in my opinion it's the best.

If you're referring to the lash extenstions that are applied one-by-one by a professional then I highly recommend them.

They are fantastic!

No mascara needed, and you wake up looking like you have make-up on.

They fall off naturally, when the lash they are attached to falls off, so they usally last about 6-8 weeks.

You just need to be careful not to disturb them much, so remove eye makeup gently, and they're probably not great if you're going to be in steam rooms or sauna's.

These look beautiful when done correctly and by a someone who is licensed and experienced. My SIL & I are in the beauty industry and it is another service that is offered that has amazing results. Clients love it...Extreme lash or Nova lash..

There are certain guidelines for the client to make the lashes last longer. I can post the list here if you would like. Touch-ups are generally done 6-8 weeks...

When you want something even more temporary you can have/or do individual lashes applied...Very inexpensive and really no commitment.... I do this mainly for brides & bridal parties to add a little kick to their eyes.

As far as lash dying is concerned...A lot of our blonde clients have this done and they love it. Must be done by a licensed pro for obvious reasons but it doesn't take long and the results are great. Not expensive at all.

I have seen them advertised at hair salons primarily. I think they are done by an aesthetician. Fee probably varies depending on the part of the country you are in. In my area I heard approx $200.

Make sure the person is experienced. I know someone whose sister was being trained to do it, so she was the 1st guinea pig for her sister.:p

She said they did not feel very natural, but thought that might be due to the inexperience of her sister.

I had a client that used to get them done. They looked fantastic while she was wearing them, but when she wanted to go natural again she had very few if any real eyelashes left. Her cost was only $25-30 every 2 weeks and she had them done at a nail salon. She swore she would never do it again.

I had lash extensions done for our last cruise on Oceania. They were great, and lasted about 6 weeks. As far as removal, after a couple just fell off by themselves, I just swiped my eyelashes with a mascara remover for waterproof mascara, and they came off gently with no loss of my real lashes.

These look beautiful when done correctly and by a someone who is licensed and experienced. My SIL & I are in the beauty industry and it is another service that is offered that has amazing results. Clients love it...Extreme lash or Nova lash..

There are certain guidelines for the client to make the lashes last longer. I can post the list here if you would like. Touch-ups are generally done 6-8 weeks...

When you want something even more temporary you can have/or do individual lashes applied...Very inexpensive and really no commitment.... I do this mainly for brides & bridal parties to add a little kick to their eyes.

As far as lash dying is concerned...A lot of our blonde clients have this done and they love it. Must be done by a licensed pro for obvious reasons but it doesn't take long and the results are great. Not expensive at all.

totally agree with you about lash dye! I dyed mine myself for years until I started using latisse... never had any problems, the kit cost $35 at the beauty supply & would last about 2 years, I still use it to dye my eyebrows. Just use vaseline to protect skin that you don't want to dye.

Has anyone ever tried these? Did you like them? If not, why?

Am considering getting them.

They are alright....unless your lashes are super short and you cant stand to not have on lashes daily, I would say get them. If you are just looking for the special occasion deal, I would just use the strip lashes by Ardell or individuals with good mascara.

To me, they extension weren't worth the money and time.

I've had them and when you finally take them off your lashes are trashed. Took me forever to grow them out again. I will never do that again.

You're supposed to justallow them fall off when the lash they're attached to naturally falls out. The few that might be left can easily be removed with oily eyemakeup remover.

I've done the process twice and loved it both times.

Each time they last almost two months. I guess my eyelashes don't fall out that quickly. :)

I tried the lashes and they looked great but I am allergic to the adhesive they use to put them on. I had red eyes all the time and kept blinking.:( Too bad though I thought they looked great. Not having to put mascara on was great. They did come off easy when I took them off.

Archived