Excitement turned to anguish

trinny

Keeping fingers crossed that everything works out. There are a couple of "let's get together and meet" times on our cruise - one will be at the aft pool bar right after the "mustard" (as Jerry likes to call it;)) and one later in the evening around 10:00 ish at the piano bar.

Sandy-- some time ago I was advocating " not having to stand out in the hot sun for mustard drill" on the HAL boards and certain staunch HAL snobs got quite offended by my lack of respect for that time proven life saving instruction.

Seems every line eventually got the message.:)

To the OP, I am wishing you the very best, and hope that you will make it to your cruise. I just know how I would feel. Add my well wishes to the list of the others, and hopefully all these positive thoughts and wishes will get you there.:)

I have a friend who is suppose to fly Greece on Thursday and she's been watching the news closely. I read today that they did test flights and that tomorrow (Monday) they are suppose to resume flights at 50%. So here's hoping you make it over here for your cruise!!!

I'm so sorry this is happening. I can't imagine how frustrating this must be.

I do agree with the other poster who said at least you are stuck at home, and not stuck somewhere in the states unable to get home. I have a friend stuck in Europe right now missing all kinds of work. I do not envy either of your situations, and I have my fingers crossed that this flight ban gets lifted very soon.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks all you cc for your kind thoughts. Today is Monday morning and there are still no flights at all today. If flights do not resume tomorrow I really don't think we will be going. Saying that the airlines ae loosing £120m a day they don't fly and the government is having crisis talks today to discuss the safety tests that have been done over the weekend.

All we can do is sit and wait it out, but its driving me crazy!

I have a family member who was s'posed to fly to Geneva via Paris yesterday for a business trip. His flights were cancelled and now the ppl over there are having to do a lot of work to rearrange all the app'ts, meetings, etc., some of which were very hard to set up. Not fun! He doesn't know when he'll be able to get there, so he cancelled the flights to get the money back and will book again when the new dates are settled.

I've read that in Europe they can't get donated organs to the intended recipients, so now they're having to choose the recipients by how close they live to the organ instead. And doctors from other countries can't get in to help patients. And patients can't get out to other countries for needed medical care. And the militaries are having to reroute their injured soldiers to other places than they normally send them. Crazy.

I hope the volcano doesn't last too much longer; I read that when it erupted in 1812 (or some year like that) it lasted for over a year!! Obviously, they didn't have planes back then so it didn't really affect anything.

We are due to fly to Orlando on Wednesday and join the Tampa cruise next Sunday. Our excitement has now turned to severe anguish as all uk flights and most of Europe have been grounded since Thursday. Its looking very likely that they will still be grounded upto Wednesday. We have been looking forward to our first Carnival Cruise for months:mad:

Good luck, Trinny. A friend of mine has been trying to fly to Mexico since last week. She and her daughter ended up renting and RV in Brighton and are hanging out there until this mess gets cleared up.

was watching the news this morning and some places have lifted the ban on flying.. HOPING your flight will be one of the ones to go! wishing you the best!!!

A friend of ours got off of the Insignia yesterday in Barcelona, they were able to fly from Barcelona to Philly today.....so hopefully others will be opening back up soon. Good Luck to the OP!

Hopeing things in the air get better for you. It is so sad for all the people stranded.

We are planning a trip to London, Paris and Scotland in June so hope the volcano is fast asleep by then.

Good luck to you.

Archived