Where to Stay for Cape Liberty Port

Packing Light

I'm sorry to hear that about Meg's mother. I hope everything is OK.

I'm not sure when we are going - we were planning for September, but don't know if that will work out. But we will go. Not looking for a gourmet meal - just somewhere we could walk to for dinner if the hotel did not have a restaurant or bar. Looks like both hotels offer complimentary breakfasts so we probably wouldn't do the Ihop for breakfast.

How hard is it to get to Jersey Gardens from the hotel?

I'm not a good person to ask about that. The hotel might have a shuttle. However, I believe you can walk, but it would be wandering around a mall parking area that may not be pedestrian friendly, so you would have to be careful, particularly at night.

How hard is it to get to Jersey Gardens from the hotel?

Here are a couple pictures I took from the Country Inn & Suites that might help give you some perspective.

The Courtyard and Residence Inn from the entrance to the CI&S:

DSC_0013.jpg

The Jersey Gardens Mall from the same spot in the other direction:

DSC_0010.jpg

It is definitely walkable, but I did not visit the mall myself, so as Carol mentioned, I can't be sure how pedestrian-friendly the parking lot/street crossings/etc. are.

Here are a couple pictures I took from the Country Inn & Suites that might help give you some perspective.

The Courtyard and Residence Inn from the entrance to the CI&S:

The Jersey Gardens Mall from the same spot in the other direction:

It is definitely walkable, but I did not visit the mall myself, so as Carol mentioned, I can't be sure how pedestrian-friendly the parking lot/street crossings/etc. are.

Thank you for the pictures, that really does help. Is the Ruby Tuesday restaurant actually near or in the hotel parking lot?

• 1 year later...

We took Amtrak to Newark Airport. There is an airport shuttle pickup area for all the hotels there. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn and ate at the Courtyard Marriott next door.

We took Independent Driver Car Service to the ship. They had a better rate than other car services.

We took Amtrak to Newark Airport. There is an airport shuttle pickup area for all the hotels there. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn and ate at the Courtyard Marriott next door.

We took Independent Driver Car Service to the ship. They had a better rate than other car services.

If I'm not mistaken, you had to get off your Amtrak train at the Newark Airport station and change to the AirTrain monorail , getting off at the P4 station on the actual airport grounds, which is the pick up point for the hotel shuttles. There is no ground transportation at the Newark Airport station.

If I'm not mistaken, you had to get off your Amtrak train at the Newark Airport station and change to the AirTrain monorail , getting off at the P4 station on the actual airport grounds, which is the pick up point for the hotel shuttles. There is no ground transportation at the Newark Airport station.

You are not mistaken...there is no access to the EWR Airport Rail Station by any vehicle other than the monorail from the airport....;)

People must do exactly what you outlined above.....don't want anyone to go looking for cabs and shuttles at the EWR Rail Station....

Archived