Survey: "The UGLIEST cruise ship I've ever seen."

CalmCruiserNC

Hi, Everyone!

I was just browsing the boards and a saw someone's countdown clock for the Norwegian Epic. I showed my wife the image of the ship and we both agree, the Epic is the singularly ugliest ship we've ever seen. A big klunky box -- a container ship for people.

SO that got me wondering -- which do you think is a particularly ugly ship?

big_epic_profile.jpg.cd0fa4902b3041099472e8bc9c1bc1f0.jpg

Agree the EPIC is one ugly ship....but I can't wait to sail her this October!!

Ditto that. Not a pretty lady fer sure, but I'll be excitedly boarding EPIC four months later (Feb 2011), as the interior designs and offerings are beyond spectacular. :D

I agree with Epic BUT, I personally think from the outside, Cunard ships are beautiful, however after watching several YouTube videos featuring their ships, I thought they were horrid and would NEVER sail on any of them. The railing was ugly, the rooms were small and ugly, the formal dining room was just about the only place on the ship I found to be "elegant."

I watched these videos and just kept thinking, geeze! They charge more than Princess? Yuck!

definately the NCL Epic...but having said that....what a ship looks like would never stop me from sailing on it....

I definitely agree -- in fact, the ugliness of a ship MIGHT just make it even more attractive -- kinda like the Chinese Pug I grew up with -- that dog was so ugly he was a collector's item! LOL!!

I can't wait to board that big ugly ship in September! :D IMHO, it has to be the coolest, hippest ship I have ever seen; the Oasis doesn't even come close - Blue Man Group/Ice Bar vs Merry-go-Round/Ice Show. (But someday I will sail on the Oasis - when the prices come back down to earth)

I agree with Epic BUT, I personally think from the outside, Cunard ships are beautiful, however after watching several YouTube videos featuring their ships, I thought they were horrid and would NEVER sail on any of them. The railing was ugly, the rooms were small and ugly, the formal dining room was just about the only place on the ship I found to be "elegant."

I watched these videos and just kept thinking, geeze! They charge more than Princess? Yuck!

I'll have to agree that the EPIC is one ugly ship, but disagree regarding the Cunard Queen Mary. She is gorgeous, and the rooms are not small by ship standards. Our balcony was the equal of a Carnival balcony, and beautifully decorated. Now the food, that's another story!

When I think "ugly" ship, two come to mind. Unfortunately for NCL both are in their fleet.

The first is Pride of America. Granted this ship started as a new build for a now defunct cruiseline and NCL bought it while still under construction but good lawd that thing be ugly as heck LOL.

Apparently someone at NCL wasnt paying attention and allowed the blue print for EPIC to proceed to final approval. What were they thinking? It almost looks like it would be too top heavy and sink head first into the ocean.

These large ships are going to be great for people who would like to take their house and float it around the caribbean for a week.

I'm not one of them. I much prefer a smaller ship, which has as its main activities reading and sunbathing.

I'm sure there is a segment of the population that needs to constantly have "something to do" while on vacation, but I'm not one of them. In fact, I'm not sure I want to cruise with folks who can't just kick back and relax out on deck!

The old NCL Norway - which was a converted ocean liner (used to be the SS France). Also my FAVORITE ship! Nine wonderful cruises to the same places! All ports were tendered as she had to anchor way off-shore due to her draft. Made Great Stirrup Cay 9 out of 9 times. Very fond memories and wonderful cruises! First cruise in the 80's was about $1200. Last cruise in 2003 was $350 for a huge outside cabin. Really miss that ship!

Archived