Magic has more rooms, less space than Dream. Wake up Carnival BEARDS!

PaulMedik

While looking over deck plans for Carnival's currently under construction Carnival Magic, I noticed that on deck 6 the cabin numbers are higher in the aft section. I looked over the deck plans and it's clear there are more cabins on deck six on Magic than on Dream.

I then checked out other decks and noticed the trend continued.

Looking at the Spa deck, it is apparent they nearly doubled the number of balcony cabins AND added some interior cabins to Spa deck as well. They also cut the size of the gym, and relegated the steam rooms with beaufiful ocean views on Dream to interior rooms on Magic.

I recently sailed Dream and my opinion was that she would be perfect with 1000 fewer people on board. Apparently the beards as John Heald calls them at Carnival checked out Dream and decided they could cram even more people into even less space? ***** are you thinking beards of Carnival? Are you somehow planning to add a full length open deck to accomodate passengers seeking sun on sea days or are you simply out of your freaking mind?

Here's a deck plan comparing deck 6 aft and the spa decks of Carnival Dream vs Carnivore Magic;

2347564460065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Having sailed Dream, I was looking forward to Magic and knew there would be improvements.....I never expected there'd be glaringly obvious plans for worse over crowding. What is next? Buckets by the bed instead of bathrooms so passengers will know where the sewer smell is coming from? For the record, I never encountered the sewer smell, but it seems they are confronting negative reports with worst case scenario reactions so why not go the chamber pot route? :rolleyes:

Whoever laid the deck plans out for Carnival Magic needs to take a walk on the pier at Grand Turk like they would take at Costa Maya. Figure that one out Beards of Carnival. :cool:

I will not be sailing either of these ships. Too many passengers for my liking.

I was very surprised at how uncrowded the Dream seemed. The new design of the Promenade is great. It's so wide open and with all the new area's (Lanai, hot tubs, open deck) and moving all the kids stuff down to deck 4 I just loved it.

Still love Conquest class the best though!!!!

But these changes for the magic don't look like improvements. I guess I'll find out on Oct 16, 2011 then the TA that I assume will follow!!!!!!!!:p

I avoided the Conquest class, just because I found the Destiny class too crowded, and figured I just wasn't made for the larger ships.....

...until I tried an RCCL Voyager class vessel.

Carnival packs em like sardines.

off topic....LOL......

Tell me about the dock in Grand turk...will be there in June.....looks like another ship at port.....princess....docking at same time:o

BTW....changes on "Magic" don't look good....but that gym on the Dream....Looks Dreamy:D

K

I did notice that Carnival as a whole has more times than not, less SQ FT per passenger ratio then some of the other popular curise lines. It seems that this will just get worse with the Magic. I guess I'll find our first hand on the Dream as we leave in a couple of days.

According to Carnival Dream DO Capacity 3646, Magic 3690.

And according to the 'deck plans' site, they each carry a total of 4631 pax. with a space ratio of 28 and 1523 cabins on each. Doesn't mean that is accurate info and 28 is a smaller space ratio than Glory [30].

The Dream has 1823 passenger cabins for a 2 per occupancy of 3646... The Magic has 1845 passenger cabins for a 2 per occupancy of 3690.

It's interesting to see the differences in cabin types/numbers...

Dream:

Accommodations:

12 oceanview balcony penthouse suites

44 oceanview balcony suites

831 oceanview balcony staterooms

250 oceanview staterooms

657 interior staterooms

8 oceanview upper/lower staterooms

21 interior upper/lower staterooms

1823 total guest staterooms

Magic:

Accommodations:

10 oceanview balcony Grand Suites

44 oceanview balcony Junior Suites, Ocean Suites and Spa Suites

851 oceanview balcony staterooms

221 oceanview staterooms

690 interior staterooms

29 oceanview and interior upper/lower staterooms

1845 total guest staterooms

They're still claiming a passenger space ratio of 36:1 which is just a bit less than the Conquest class (37:1) and a bit more than the Fantasy class (34:1).

I agree that the bump in passenger numbers doesn't help but I'm wondering if the delta would even be noticeable. 44 isn't a bunch when you're looking at over 3600 folks...

Here's hoping the trend ends here and that the third ship in the class won't take it further still...

:)

These trends are starting to make me waver about Carnival. They should be building new-builds with more space per passenger, not less.

I'm starting to consider paying the extra to try Royal Caribbean for our cruise this fall. I don't know if it's worth continuing to invest towards Platinum if they're going to just keep building more crowded ships.

I'm not particularly concerned about what they do with the fitness center and steam rooms since I don't use them. As long as they have massage rooms, I'm fine. What concerns me is the lack of a wine bar. I can't find one on either deck plan. Now there's a place that I spend some time.

Cruised on the Dream and found it to be very crowded. The public areas seem to be about the same size as the Conquest series of ship but then they have added about 700 more people. We cruise out of Galveston and we were hoping the Magic would be based there, but to be honest, we didn't care for the Dream--the ride was awful--lots of motion even in calm seas! Would rather keep the Conquest. Also found interesting that the RCCL Voyager of the Seas is actually larger than the Dream but carries about 500 less passengers.

People wish for low priced cruising. Your dreams have been answered. Just like magic.

I just looked at the passenger space ratio on the Oasis expecting it to be quite a big roomier than either the Conquest Class or the Dream Class...

Oasis.jpg

Turns out to be the same as the Fantasy Class...

:confused:

Thats sad...i guess i will have to keep sailing the older ships.....Spirit class has so much room its not funny......I will try to stick with spirit class but if you notice they jacked up the price of the cruise a bit on the spirit class. I love the Miracle and wish they would put her back in Florida so it has good itinerarys again...hate going to Bahamas.

Archived