Pacific Dawn Still In Cairns

i noticed that too this morning.... argh hopefully no dramas, im leaving on her next weekend and we have the best intinerary, dont want to miss any (well dont mind missing noumea) but the rest are to good to miss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(wala, mystery island, champage bay, vila, isle of pines and noumea)

i noticed that too this morning.... argh hopefully no dramas, im leaving on her next weekend and we have the best intinerary, dont want to miss any (well dont mind missing noumea) but the rest are to good to miss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(wala, mystery island, champage bay, vila, isle of pines and noumea)

Superb itinerary. I hope it goes to plan. Should do.:)

It looks like Pacific Dawn is still in Cairns. Hopefully not broken down.

This may be the answer.

Cairns yesterday

Port Douglas today..

only a few metres up the coast...and both tender ports.

they may have anchored 1/2 way between the two?

1. Brisbane, Australia 17 April 2010

2. Whitsunday, Australia 19 April 2010

3. YORKEYS KNOB (CAIRNS, Australia 20 April 2010

4. Port Douglas, Australia 21 April 2010

5. Willis Island, Australia 22 April 2010

6. Brisbane, Australia 24 April 2010

"from facebook apparently they are having trouble with the starboard auxillary power unit (from an onboard worker)…. Which must be the same or similar thing that happened when it nearly hit the bridge two weeks ago… hopefully with 2 problems they will replace the problem part and it will be good for us to go next weekend haha :)

An onboard source tell me that it is a problem with the brakes. Normally it wouldn't be a problem if they were north bound, but now they are heading down hill.:D

Oh Kiwi Sailor, if the brakes are playing up, they could always put it in reverse gear to sail down hill. :D Or they could throw the anchor out to stop it when they get near to Brisbane!!!

I'm actually on this cruise at the moment. There was a power fault and we had to stay in cairns for 2 days instead of 1 so they just took us in buses to port douglas today. Because we will be operating at a slower speed on the way home we are also missing the scenic cruising through Willis island and going straight back to Brisbane. Some people are very annoyed but most are just going with the flow, we can't do much about it.

I'm actually on this cruise at the moment. There was a power fault and we had to stay in cairns for 2 days instead of 1 so they just took us in buses to port douglas today. Because we will be operating at a slower speed on the way home we are also missing the scenic cruising through Willis island and going straight back to Brisbane. Some people are very annoyed but most are just going with the flow, we can't do much about it.

Hi Kymbo32,

We are on the next cruise leaving this Sat, do you think they have fixed the problem? Doesnt sound so promising if they are operating at a slower speed back to Brisbane???

Thanks cc_double

Archived