We missed our ship !!

jedling

:(Well after weeks ( no months!!) of REALLY looking forwards to our 16/4/10 cruise on Millie to the Panama Canal, on the very day we left our house to travel to the airport Icelands Volcano decided to errupt and all air travel in and out of the Uk was Cancelled!!

Imagine our pain when we realised our long awaited and anticipated cruise was not to be.All our communications with fellow travellers on cruise critic and our plans to meet up at the CC party were destoyed. As we are not able to book an alternative 2 weeks off work this year we cannot arrange a replacement cruise.

Are there other uk travellers out there in the same situation? Are you VAV,s like us? ( Volcanic Ash Victims ! ).:(

:(Well after weeks ( no months!!) of REALLY looking forwards to our 16/4/10 cruise on Millie to the Panama Canal, on the very day we left our house to travel to the airport Icelands Volcano decided to errupt and all air travel in and out of the Uk was Cancelled!!

Imagine our pain when we realised our long awaited and anticipated cruise was not to be.All our communications with fellow travellers on cruise critic and our plans to meet up at the CC party were destoyed. As we are not able to book an alternative 2 weeks off work this year we cannot arrange a replacement cruise.

Are there other uk travellers out there in the same situation? Are you VAV,s like us? ( Volcanic Ash Victims ! ).:(

Awwwww.. I am soo sorry:(

We are so sorry to hear about your cancelled cruise . I know if it hapopened to us it would be devastating . We hope that you insured your trip so that at least you will get your monies back .The good news is there will be future cruises for you .

I am so sorry that this happened to you. Really bad luck.

I hope you can at least be thankful that you are safe; it would not be good to be in danger travelling.

Here's hoping you enjoy your next cruise twice as much. Meantime, do something nice for yourself....enjoy a nice meal out, or a weekend away at a nice inn. You deserve it.

My best friend and his wife, after 25 years of raising two children and paying them through university education, for the first time finally have the freedom and financial resources to book a land package tour for 12 days in Europe. The tour was cancelled and being a "newbie" in traveling, they didn't purchase any insurance.

So down the drain are their money, vacation time for the year, and 25 years wait for a vacation.

When the super being decides you are not going, you are not going. Period.

So sorry to hear that. Its ruined so many holidays and worse people have missed funerals and other sad things. I heard a terrible thing today where a lady couldnt get to her Fathers hospital bed in time before he died. Its effected so many in so many different ways.

I am so sorry to hear that your long awaited trip was "turned to ash" It can be no consolation to you now, but I do hope when you do get your cruise, it will be the swetest most magical experience ever

Ann

:o Thank you all so much for your kind comments. Its heart warming to read your supportive words.

I know many people have been affected by the 'Ash' and many worse than us but I still feel a bit shell shocked. I will feel a bit better if and when we get a refund. Hopefully we will be able to plan another cruise for next year. I just hope that Volcano number 2 doesnt decide to errupt that particular week!! :eek:

:o Thank you all so much for your kind comments. Its heart warming to read your supportive words.

I know many people have been affected by the 'Ash' and many worse than us but I still feel a bit shell shocked. I will feel a bit better if and when we get a refund. Hopefully we will be able to plan another cruise for next year. I just hope that Volcano number 2 doesnt decide to errupt that particular week!! :eek:

I'm sad for you ...very sad :(

To the OP: Can't really say I know how you feel, but it know it must be such a huge disappointment to miss your cruise after all the planning and preparation. We cruisers do not take cruising lightly! :cool:

I am so sorry this happened to you. I hope you are able to book another one soon and that this next one will happen for you.;)

Doris

Sooo, very, very sad.

I spend a year planning each trip and it would be devastating to lose out at the last moment. Agreed, plan a staycation. There is a great Chateau in Normandy, called the Isle St. Marie (sp?). Same family since the 11th century. see if they have a cancellation and take a ferry over.

Best to you.

Liz

Like everyone else, we are totally so sorry that your vacation plans were destroyed. I know that I would be every bit as devastated as you had this happened to us. There really are not words that can make you feel better but try to look forward to your cruise next year. Again we are so sorry that this had to happen to you. What a disappointment.

Sincerely,

JoAnne

Archived