Pearl Questions

cdamion

Considering the Pearl in the Caribbean for my next cruise.

Can you Pearl experts tell me if there are quiet areas to relax and avoid crowds and noise should I choose to do so. Also, how long do the lines tend to get at the buffet?

How is the Chair Hog situation?

We were on the Pearl last May to Alaska (and go back in a couple weeks!) there were never really any "lines" in the buffet - At times maybe a couple in front of me for burgers etc but most action stations you could just walk right up to. Seating was pretty full though but we tended to just head out to the "Great Outdoors" seating at the aft and eat there....

I was in the Caribbean on the Peral recently.

There are quiet areas on the decks above the pool.

Chair hogs seem to vary according to the demographic of the cruise.

The buffett is set up as stations so there is a better flow than people forming one long line but it gets busy at times. There are never really any lines. If you eat when everyone else wants to eat it may be busy, if you eat when others don't it will be quiet.

When I sailed on the 14 day repo cruise last September, there was plenty of places to find quiet relaxation, including the pool area. There were few kids, thus no running & splashing.

Sometimes we sat in the library to read or do trivia questions, or hung out on our balcony to read & watch the sea.

The buffet had an easy flow, so no crowds. We usually brought our food to the great outdoors to enjoy the view of the ocean.

When not doing anything else, I went to the gym.

Barb

The Pearl is full of wonderful quiet relaxing spaces. Our favorite: join the spa....you'll have use of the fabulous loungers. There are giant cushy white big loungers facing the floor to ceiling/wall to wall window overlooking the bow....silent, aromatherapy, gorgeous view....doesn't get any better than that. also loved the heated stone loungers just aft of that area. The other places: Bliss during the day when it's not being used for an activity...in the cushy window seats or the library or the chapel or.....it's just a lovely ship.

OP.. the only comment I can really add to what has been posted is , lines or no lines, the Pearl has the best buffets of any cruise ship we have been on and are better than most land based buffets.

I second that. We never had any lines in February for breakfast or the occasional dinner.

I second that. We never had any lines in February for breakfast or the occasional dinner.

And I'll third it... of our 9 cruises, this buffet was head and shoulders above the rest (5 brands)... both in quality of fare and in the flow of patrons. A multitude of kudos to the Jamacian gentleman who was the man in charge!

Considering the Pearl in the Caribbean for my next cruise.

Can you Pearl experts tell me if there are quiet areas to relax and avoid crowds and noise should I choose to do so. Also, how long do the lines tend to get at the buffet?

How is the Chair Hog situation?

Returned home yesterday from 14 days aboard the Pearl for the Panama Canal repo cruise. Fabulous ship! The buffet is organized in such a way that there are not any real line issues, maybe a couple of people in front of you if you are having custom omelettes done. Seating can be a challenge at the height of the breakfast rush but you are welcome to take your plate outside to the aft or pool area tables and eat or back to your stateroom.

I never had a problem getting a chair at all. We were completely full and had a lot of great sea days but always plenty of seating. As for quiet areas the sun deck on 14 forward is a quiet zone if you want to be outside or there is the library, window seats, and during the day bar city on deck 6 has a lot quiet seating with great sunlight ocean views.

I would definitely recommend the Pearl. Happy sailing!

Archived