Coach store aboard Oasis

That store is one of the main reasons my husband does not want us to book the Oasis....could make for a very expensive trip!! Ha Ha

On the same note, shopped at the Dolphin Mall in Miami before our cruise last week and there were great deals to be had at the Coach outlet!

That store is one of the main reasons my husband does not want us to book the Oasis....could make for a very expensive trip!! Ha Ha

On the same note, shopped at the Dolphin Mall in Miami before our cruise last week and there were great deals to be had at the Coach outlet!

I like your way of shopping :) Guess if we ever book Oasis we could Pre-cruise shop then shop onboard TOO!!! Love my coach purse and baby coach wallet.

From what we've seen, the prices appear comparable to land based retail stores. The difference is not having to pay taxes while onboard. Prices ranged from the $200 range up towards $600 or $800 for the purses my wife was eyeballing.

I laughed when I saw the Coach store on the deck plans! Im not sure if it was a "huh?" laugh or a laugh of "it figures" or what! I shouldnt talk, we did a fun shop at the Coach outlet in OSJ in '07. Mainly b/c there is nothing else to do there other than outlet shop and eat and drink!

Ha ha! A couple of years ago, I bought a cute leather bag at Target for about $50. It was cute, and I liked it! Well, we all flew in to DD's for a Family Christmas that year, and my kids were making fun of my Target purse, so they put a sticky note on one side saying, "This is the Coach side". They put another sticky note on the back of the purse, which said, "This is the Prada side". I left those stickies on for as long as they lasted! Yes - they have a cheap Mom.

The styles lagged a little behind what was in our store at the time of our cruise.

That's the same thing I heard from others on our inaugural cruise. I'm not a "Coach" person so don't know the first thing about Coach bags, but people who apparently know these things said the onboard store didn't have the latest styles.

From what we've seen, the prices appear comparable to land based retail stores. The difference is not having to pay taxes while onboard. Prices ranged from the $200 range up towards $600 or $800 for the purses my wife was eyeballing.

That's how they always do it :( You just get a break on the taxes.... Taxes schmaxes, I want a REAL savings!

That's how they always do it :( You just get a break on the taxes.... Taxes schmaxes, I want a REAL savings!

Not that it's a great deal but, saving the taxes on a $600 purchase isn't to bad. In some area's that can be as much as 10% off the final price.

Ha ha! A couple of years ago, I bought a cute leather bag at Target for about $50. It was cute, and I liked it! Well, we all flew in to DD's for a Family Christmas that year, and my kids were making fun of my Target purse, so they put a sticky note on one side saying, "This is the Coach side". They put another sticky note on the back of the purse, which said, "This is the Prada side". I left those stickies on for as long as they lasted! Yes - they have a cheap Mom.

The thing is, as it's been explained to me by those who own Coach products, is that they last. If you're target bag lasts a year, at $50 per purchase, in 10 years you've bought the Coach purse even though you never owned it. I know several co-workers that own Coach products and swear by their quality and durability. If they truely last 10+ years then the price isn't bad.

My SO told me that as previous poster mentioned, prices are higher on Oasis that at the Coach Outlet. She shops at the Coach Outlet in Tanger Mall in the Smokies. Really good deals, especially with the economy here in East Tennessee.

Dave

Not that it's a great deal but, saving the taxes on a $600 purchase isn't to bad. In some area's that can be as much as 10% off the final price.

In Canada that is 13% of the price!!! It is a good deal to get things tax free.

The thing is, as it's been explained to me by those who own Coach products, is that they last. If you're target bag lasts a year, at $50 per purchase, in 10 years you've bought the Coach purse even though you never owned it. I know several co-workers that own Coach products and swear by their quality and durability. If they truely last 10+ years then the price isn't bad.

Well, yes, I know this. That's why my kids were making fun of me, because they know what I usually buy. I bought a lovely Dooney & Bourke bag 15 years ago, and had the strap shortened so it doesn't look so 90's. (Yes - still has the ducks on one side, and I still use it.). Bought a real Gucci bag in St. Thomas a million years ago, and I accidentally nicked my blue ballpoint pen on the strap. No one would try to clean it, even Mr. local Gucci. I actually did buy a Coach bag in Barbados in the late 80's on a Celebrity cruise, and it did last for about ten years. (I thought the leather was too soft, though). Some friends brought me back a Prada bag about six years ago, and I paid them the $180 cost. Still like my Target bag for local shopping, though!

In Canada that is 13% of the price!!! It is a good deal to get things tax free.

We have no sales tax in Delaware so there is no savings for us to shop onboard any ship. Also, we have tons of outlets here as well, so that is a discount on top of a discount. :D I love to "look" at the stuff onboard though, but I rarely buy it, except for the centimental value of having purchased something on vacation. ;)

My SO told me that as previous poster mentioned, prices are higher on Oasis that at the Coach Outlet. She shops at the Coach Outlet in Tanger Mall in the Smokies. Really good deals, especially with the economy here in East Tennessee.

If the store on Oasis is an actual Coach retail store, then it makes sense that the prices are higher in comparison to those at a Coach Outlet. Nordstrom Rack prices are lower than those at Nordstrom, right? :p

Also, the styles you find in an outlet store may be different from those in regular retail store.

Deirdra bought a plum colored signature Coach bag for $158 on Oasis. She loves it. She also received a very nice Oasis/Coach leather luggage tag with it. She is an excellent shopper, and couldn't find this anywhere on land at that price. And, yes, we have been to all the Delaware, Maryland, Virginia outlet stores.

Sea the bag below on the boardwalk merry-go-round!

Rick and Deirdra

1110890742_Oasis2009049.jpg.ab8c38c9467b73df8cbd635421c56959.jpg

Has anyone tried to use the Coach coupons we sometimes get?

I wonder if it would be allowed on the ship if I happened to get one before my sailing and was able to use before it expired. No tax and the coupon could add up to quite a savings.

I just booked Oasis today and my Ticker is quite depressing!! LOL

Two years, two months plus, out from Oasis. Wow! That's a loooooong time to wait.

We've done similar, like our Liberty 3/5/11 cruise!

All our cruises are worth waiting for.

Enjoy Oasis and we hope your coupons will still be good.

Rick and Deirdra

Since we are talking about bags.....

Has anyone been to the Louis Vuitton or Gucci stores in St. Thomas? They're in the opposite direction of where we might go (Megans beach). I'm assuming the prices are the same and all I'll be saving is the tax (6% MI)

Has anyone tried to use the Coach coupons we sometimes get?

I wonder if it would be allowed on the ship if I happened to get one before my sailing and was able to use before it expired. No tax and the coupon could add up to quite a savings.

I just booked Oasis today and my Ticker is quite depressing!! LOL

This is a good question. It also brings to mind "Coach Gift Cards"...can they be used on Oasis? My daughter has a Coach Gift Card burning a hole in her pocket and would LOVE to spend it on Oasis! :D

From what I was told at my local Coach outlet; Coach coupons can only be used in a Coach outlet. On the otherhand, a Coach gift card can be used at either. I have 2 Coach stores and an outlet closeby, no fascination here. Also, Target seldom sells leather bags. In 2008, a british handbag designer did a line for target in the fall in patent leather.

Coach is only discounted on discontinued items that can only be found in outlets (& eBay). Dont think they give the outlet shops the "hard to find" items that are in demand or current. Im guessing the Oasis store is retail but has old discontinued colors, patterns and styles- if they had a bag in their plum color of aubergine it was very outdated. Coach brand is not a luxury brand like Louis or Prada that start at over $450+ a bag (you can buy a small pochette for around $285-). :cool:

Since we are talking about bags.....

Has anyone been to the Louis Vuitton or Gucci stores in St. Thomas? They're in the opposite direction of where we might go (Megans beach). I'm assuming the prices are the same and all I'll be saving is the tax (6% MI)

Prices are the same, but NO tax...I was very disappointed once at the Louis store, they had no stock. *sniff sniff*, this is when I bought my pochette, they had nothing else.

Archived