FYI on powerstrips

ussenterprise

lol

TP surcharge of $1 a sheet, mandatory 1 roll per cabin minimum

TP smuggled from home considered dangerous & prohibited

special enforcement brigade will mount random cabin raids periodically to keep 'the piece'

i think happy hour is warranted today:)

TP from home *is* dangerous though ... it's too thick and clogs up the pipes. ;)

TP from home *is* dangerous though ... it's too thick and clogs up the pipes. ;)

Think that is funny eh? I got back from Guatemala a couple months ago, their sewer pipes have been so shimmied around from constant earthquakes that any amount of TP will clog the system. So NO flushing TP! Took some getting used to........

I guess I'm the odd one here. I have never had the occasion or need to bring a powerstrip. We bring cameras and stuff like others do - maybe one should reevaluate your packing list if you can't get along with out one. Some people act like they can't get along with one receptacle, people like us obviously do fine. (Short of the CPAP poster).

OMG what are we going to do???? :)

Guess I better start losing a lot of weight so I can pack everything under my clothes that I wear to board

The power strip has metal in it, and you have to pass through a metal detector. So that is not going to work too well. :(

Didn't somebody recently come out with on that was just a pad and any item (chargeable) you placed in the pad would get charged?

Yes, I recall reading about it - or was it on TV. Nonetheless, I don't recall its name.

Half of zero is still zero. So, it is going to end up being the same price. :(

They have another one for about $100. Costco had one for about $50 last Christmas time. Personally, I'm thinking abou the hand-crank iPod charger. Just in case the Mayan Apocalypse really does happen, my iPod will be fully charged and probably playing Iron Maiden during the Rapture.

do we pass through a metal detector when we board? I cant remember

Not at the debarkation port, but every port after that - yes. However, just to get into the debarkation port you have to pass through a metal detector, and your luggage goes through an airport style x-ray machine.

Cheryl, unknowingly, had a small corkscrew (3" total with a 1" folding blade for the foil) in her carry on last week. They took us to the side, totally emptied the bag, and could not find it. Back through the scanner - closer look - it was found down in a crevice. I can understand something like that not being allowed on a flight, but a cruise? They confiscated it and gave her a receipt. I asked about the steak knives they would be giving us in the dining room... where they plastic now? :rolleyes:

Tom

Cheryl, unknowingly, had a small corkscrew (3" total with a 1" folding blade for the foil) in her carry on last week. They took us to the side, totally emptied it, and could not find it. Back through the scanner - closer look - it was found down in a crevice. I can understand something like that not being allowed on a flight, but a cruise? They confiscated it and gave her a receipt. I asked about the steak knives they would be giving us in the dining room... where they plastic now? :rolleyes:

Tom

Don't want you running around opening bottles of wine and trying to steal the corkage fees:confused:

Cheryl, unknowingly, had a small corkscrew (3" total with a 1" folding blade for the foil) in her carry on last week. They took us to the side, totally emptied the bag, and could not find it. Back through the scanner - closer look - it was found down in a crevice. I can understand something like that not being allowed on a flight, but a cruise? They confiscated it and gave her a receipt. I asked about the steak knives they would be giving us in the dining room... where they plastic now? :rolleyes:

Tom

You ever seen someone's eye get taken out with a corkscrew?

Me neither.

You ever seen someone's eye get taken out with a corkscrew?

Me neither.

No, but I did see a champagne cork give someone a black eye once ......not sure what that has to do with corkscrews or power strips:confused:

They made me break off the little knife on my corkscrew and I was able to carry it on.

If I had a choice, I would rather get stabbed with the foil cutter than the corkscrew part, but that is just me.

ummmmm........think I would rather just drink the wine...must be the pacifist in me;)

Archived