General Chat Thread?

Rebel Rouser

Hi Berwyn

Oh yes, I'm a cheap date, lol. We were in Tesco this afternoon and spotted a black suit for £26, machine washable, do you think he would get away with it at the Gala dinner? Nice and lightweight. Did you ever find your bow tie? I bet it was hanging out of the back of your undies, lol.:D:D

Get you! mixing with the rich and famous in Monaco. I'm surprised they let you in. lol :D:D.

Jan

Hi Jan,

Monaco, we sneaked in by the back door :D

I was looking at the Asda Dinner Jacket at £35 before going.

It was a normal black tie I packed. No sign of it on the bed when we returned. Or in my wardrobe :eek: Creeepy!!

Luckily they had stuff for sale on the ship and I bought a dicky bow for a tenner.

Did you see my latest pics with us all done up in the glad rags ?

Berwyn

I've seen the Asda one but think that the M&S are much better, jackets and trousers for £49. Trouble is with DJ's when you do ever wear them? There has been much stamping of and putting of feet down by DH over this and I stupidly mentioned pullovers and trousers from your post. doh!! :D:D

Jan

I've seen the Asda one but think that the M&S are much better, jackets and trousers for £49. Trouble is with DJ's when you do ever wear them? There has been much stamping of and putting of feet down by DH over this and I stupidly mentioned pullovers and trousers from your post. doh!! :D:D

Jan

I didn't know they did them that cheap.

I wore my dark suit I wear for funerals.

I gave up on the DJ idea after DW got up after 1.gif when I tried it on.

I couldn't believe it when i saw the guy in the brown trousers and v neck pullover though.

Berwyn

I didn't know they did them that cheap.

I wore my dark suit I wear for funerals.

I gave up on the DJ idea after DW got up after 1.gif when I tried it on.

I couldn't believe it when i saw the guy in the brown trousers and v neck pullover though.

Berwyn

Morning Berwyn

Have a look a the M&S one's, jackets are £29.99 and the lapels are quite narrow and look up to date. Those horrible one's with the shawl style collars just don't do it. My DH has a 'funeral/wedding' suit but it's always been a bit big, that's what you get when you listen to the assistant and NOT your wife.:eek:.

Sunny this morning, hurray!!:D:D Got on quick this morning before the big slowdown.:eek:

Jan

Morning Berwyn

Have a look a the M&S one's, jackets are £29.99 and the lapels are quite narrow and look up to date. Those horrible one's with the shawl style collars just don't do it. My DH has a 'funeral/wedding' suit but it's always been a bit big, that's what you get when you listen to the assistant and NOT your wife.:eek:.

Sunny this morning, hurray!!:D:D Got on quick this morning before the big slowdown.:eek:

Jan

Very nice, just looked at it on the website.

I never listen to the assistant. If it doesn't feel comfortable or looks big or tight it stays there.

If I listened to DW she'd have me in pink shirts :eek:

Still slow at this end, a post I'm trying to put on Thomson's part is still trying to load from 9 a.m.

Berwyn

Very nice, just looked at it on the website.

I never listen to the assistant. If it doesn't feel comfortable or looks big or tight it stays there.

If I listened to DW she'd have me in pink shirts :eek:

Still slow at this end, a post I'm trying to put on Thomson's part is still trying to load from 9 a.m.

Berwyn

We looked at it in the shop and it is a lot better quality than Asda's. If you get it mail order does the model come with it. Ooh!!! :D:D

Looked at your pics re. the Captains evening. Lovely outfit DW is wearing, I bet she can't put that in the machine on a hot wash.:eek:. I've got a necklace very much like the one she is wearing, looks lovely on and dresses up a plain outfit.

I wonder what happened to your tie? Every time we go on holiday something goes missing even though we check every nook any cranny 3 times over. Last time I came back I couldn't find a little wooden bristle clothes brush which was really handy. Haven't seen it since, not happy.:(

Jan

We looked at it in the shop and it is a lot better quality than Asda's. If you get it mail order does the model come with it. Ooh!!! :D:D

Looked at your pics re. the Captains evening. Lovely outfit DW is wearing, I bet she can't put that in the machine on a hot wash.:eek:. I've got a necklace very much like the one she is wearing, looks lovely on and dresses up a plain outfit.

I wonder what happened to your tie? Every time we go on holiday something goes missing even though we check every nook any cranny 3 times over. Last time I came back I couldn't find a little wooden bristle clothes brush which was really handy. Haven't seen it since, not happy.:(

Jan

Calm down or i'll come round and chuck a bucket of cold water over you :D

No way in the hot wash, I bet it'd dry clean or similar.

really odd about the tie. It was one of the 1st 3 things I packed. Shoes, suit and tie.

Definitely not in the wardrobe at home either.

Berwyn

Just looking at your countdown clock, 323 days to go.:eek:

Are you going to fit one in in the space between?:) Maybe not as you're going to Mexico later on this year I think.:)

Jan

Just looking at your countdown clock, 323 days to go.:eek:

Are you going to fit one in in the space between?:) Maybe not as you're going to Mexico later on this year I think.:)

Jan

Yes, Mexico on 4th Sept. Less than 4 months to go :eek: Volcanoes permitting. I could put a countdown clock for that :D

Berwyn

PS

DW's not long home from work. Just shown her the MandS suit. Said "That's ridiculous" when she saw the crazy price. Even cheaper than the dark suit in my pics. That cost £69 in Matalan

Berwyn

When we were in Tescos yesterday DH tried on the £19 suit jacket (not DJ) and it fit perfectly. A bit school uniform material but nice and light, pity though they didn't have the trousers in the right size. Then I opened my big mouth about the pullover man and gave him a get out, now it's an uphill struggle. Aargh!! :eek::eek: Still I haven't finished yet.:D:D Watch this space!!

Jan

Suits are for Weddings and Funerals :confused: :eek: ;)

That's why I like the IE, spent to many years suited and booted for work as an Engineering Manager far more relaxed on the IE for evening meals.

Now I can go to work in shorts and T shirts..bliss

When we were in Tescos yesterday DH tried on the £19 suit jacket (not DJ) and it fit perfectly. A bit school uniform material but nice and light, pity though they didn't have the trousers in the right size. Then I opened my big mouth about the pullover man and gave him a get out, now it's an uphill struggle. Aargh!! :eek::eek: Still I haven't finished yet.:D:D Watch this space!!

Jan

Hi Jan,

Show him our pics. If I can do it he can. He doesn't need a dicky bow :D

We had a lovely evening on Captain's Cocktail night.

I'm in uniform all week so that's why I don't tend to dress up and be casual when on holiday.

but seeing what some people wore to it, we felt quite superior, (snob :D ),

compared to what some were wearing even if I didn't have the full DJ and cummerbund.

Berwyn

Hi Jan,

Show him our pics. If I can do it he can. He doesn't need a dicky bow :D

We had a lovely evening on Captain's Cocktail night.

I'm in uniform all week so that's why I don't tend to dress up and be casual when on holiday.

but seeing what some people wore to it, we felt quite superior, (snob :D ),

compared to what some were wearing even if I didn't have the full DJ and cummerbund.

Berwyn

I showed him the pics and Mr Eagle Eyed who usually can't see his hand in front of his face spotted 'A MAN IN A CHECKED SHIRT'. I said 'That is not the Captains night' as DW is in a different outfit. Give me strength.:eek::eek:

Where's Rebel Rouser tonight? I've been watching all this nonsense about the general election tonight.:eek::eek: Some people are getting a bit up themselves, mentioning no names.

Jan

I showed him the pics and Mr Eagle Eyed who usually can't see his hand in front of his face spotted 'A MAN IN A CHECKED SHIRT'. I said 'That is not the Captains night' as DW is in a different outfit. Give me strength.:eek::eek:

Where's Rebel Rouser tonight? I've been watching all this nonsense about the general election tonight.:eek::eek: Some people are getting a bit up themselves, mentioning no names.

Jan

You've definitely got your work cut out with him. :D

Checked shirt was the night we'd been in Livorno so we had the Tiramasu with the TUI smile on it.

Definitely, I didn't vote the way I did to end up with that result.

Looking at BBC breakfast notice the difference in Downing Street from last night when Gordon was there. 1 normal looking copper outside No.10.

This a.m. lots of them high profile with stab vests and visible guns.

Berwyn

Just been down to the store to check out the MandS dinner jacket. Very nice, they didn't have my exact size though. But I did try a few on to get idea of chest size and lenght needed.

At that price I'll definitely order one online.

Berwyn

Just been down to the store to check out the MandS dinner jacket. Very nice, they didn't have my exact size though. But I did try a few on to get idea of chest size and lenght needed.

At that price I'll definitely order one online.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

Just got back from a very irritating trip out. See my thread on the other forum.

Glad your thinking of ordering the DJ. They do look quite expensive don't they? You don't want to spend £100+ for something that you only wear every now and again. At the end of the day everyone is busy thinking about how they look and don't notice anyone else. Went into 2 Tescos looking for suit, found the right size jacket but not the trousers, for some reason they do a 31" length and 33" length and guess what DH needs 32".:eek:. They were cut on the long side though so if we can find a 31" with the correct waist it should do. Fingers crossed, the best thing is it weighs nothing and doesn't crease.:)

The police outside No.10 make me laugh, the don't even look fit enough to run into the chip shop never mind after terrorists,lol. :D:D

Jan

Hi Jan,

I think the TA is pulling a fast one. I'd ring Thomson's.

They can run to the chippy for me, as long as the chips are still hot when they get back.

I had similar probs to your hubby. I could find the right chest on jacket but not right length, and no trousers in right size.

But they had normal suits in same style and I was able to work out the right size.

Berwyn

I Berwyn

The good thing about ordering from M&S online is that you can pick up in store if you want and try it on there and if it doesn't fit you can leave it at the store.:)

Freezing cold again. :eek:

Jan

Same here.

Yes handy being able to pick it up at my convenience and not wait for a delivery at home.

Berwyn

Did DW see them in Marks or are you keeping it a surprise. You could jump out wearing it when she gets back from work. lol.:D

One good thing about the cold weather is that there should be some good summer sales next month and we can get all our holiday clothes at a discount. :D:D

Still haven't seen the space station, we need RR to post some more times as they're running out. I bet he's playing with his new camera.

This thread's getting a bit long so I'm thinking of starting another. Any good title ideas anyone? I know you're out there watching, lol. There must be more than 3 of us !!! ;)

Jan

No, she's seen it, it was her idea for me to order it. She said too it was a good job I lost the tie and bought a dicky bow. I'd have looked like I was going to a funeral in the tie.

Bought a bottle of Asda Extra Special Valpolicello wine. Didn't really enjoy it, too full bodied compared to normal cheap Asda one.

I don't know where everyone else is? You think people like Mrs.c would be joining in.

Berwyn

You're a cheap date too, lol. Cheap suits and cheap wine.:D:D

Had a quick look on the website at the DJ and noticed that a lot of the sizes were out of stock. I think all the viewers on here have been rushing out to buy it. Quick !!! go and get it !!:D:D

Jan

Archived