Smoking: Holland America vs Celebrity

kelmac

Would you consider leaving HAL because of their Smoking Policy?  

545 members have voted

1. 1. Would you consider leaving HAL because of their Smoking Policy?

• Yes, I'm a non-smoker and I may leave HAL and look at cruising Celebrity
    • Yes, I'm a smoker and I may leave HAL and look at cruising Celebrity
    • No, I'm a non-smoker and I have no plans to leave HAL for Celebrity
    • No, I'm a smoker and I have no plans to leave HAL for Celebrity

Das ist eine gute Frage...!

"Cigar and pipesmoking is permitted in designated areas on the outside decks only." From hollandamerica.com

Does "designated areas on outside decks" include Verandah's though - that is the question...

Yes, it's pretty clear; thank you for pointing this out.:cool:

Nontheless, I'm sure that you'll be "corrected" by some 'dam pipe or cigar smoker!:p:p:p:

Yes, Joanie had a wild adventure, I am sure many people, like myself missed it the first time around. IMHO it was well written. Probably worthy of it's own poll about how many have been injured on their cruise or bitten by the door. I had no idea the door was dangerous.:eek:

There are three threads today that discuss smoke or the lack of it, if we leave an old one up it becomes boring and people skip over it or stop the subscription. If it goes poof, it will be a matter of days before a new one with many people having to restate their point or seek out humor opportunities. Just a thought.

I think I will join you, only with a Margarita! Let the three day weekend and garage cleaning begin!:)

You are correct...if this thread goes away, another one will pop up within hours. At least I had a bit of fun with this one (sorry, guess I'm one of those seeking out humor opportunities:o).

Margarita sounds great!!! I think I should try one of those tomorrow night (how long until there's a thread about people who drink???). Good luck with cleaning out the garage...I gave up on ours about 3 years ago.

If it weren't for the humor most of us would just check in occasionally.

I think I have a 3 hour time zone advantage for the cleaning! But we are having the best sunset of the year here, so time out for that.

It didn't occur to be cigars could not be on the verandah, I smelled them a few times, but personally it is all the same smoke to me.

Ah, I miss sunsets. We live on the Nevada side of the Sierras, so have our sunsets blocked by the mountains. I sometimes take my ATV to the tallest hill around here, just to see the sunset over the mountains. Not nearly as good as the ones over the ocean, but I make do with what I've got.

I don't like the smell of cigar (or cigarette) smoke, but I do have to admit I actually like the smell of pipe smoke. I guess it's because my dad used to smoke a pipe, and he used the most wonderful smelling tobacco. I still have fond memories whenever I smell pipe smoke.

I don't like the smell of cigar (or cigarette) smoke, but I do have to admit I actually like the smell of pipe smoke. I guess it's because my dad used to smoke a pipe, and he used the most wonderful smelling tobacco. I still have fond memories whenever I smell pipe smoke.

Ah, yeah... pipe smoke....smells just like angel crap!:p

Margarita sounds great!!! I think I should try one of those tomorrow night (how long until there's a thread about people who drink???). Good luck with cleaning out the garage...I gave up on ours about 3 years ago.

The anti-drinking threads will start just as soon as all cruise lines ban all smoking everywhere and the "anti-people" (is that anything like anti-matter?) don't have that left to bitc...ah,... talk about.

The anti-drinking threads will start just as soon as all cruise lines ban all smoking everywhere and the "anti-people" (is that anything like anti-matter?) don't have that left to bitc...ah,... talk about.

Guess I'll be their first target.:eek:

We were on the Westerdam in Feb when you were a klutz. What were you doing anyway? Smoking with your hand out the cabin door to hide the smoke? Enough already. Plan your next cruise and catastrope now so we will have something new to talk about. Or sail on X and screw up one of their doors.:rolleyes:

Isn't it amazing how a delicious scent can bring back wonderful memories. :) There are some great-smelling pipe tobaccos out there (I'm especially fond of cherry). Bet your Dad had one in particular that he used most of the time.

We were on the Westerdam in Feb when you were a klutz. What were you doing anyway? Smoking with your hand out the cabin door to hide the smoke? Enough already. Plan your next cruise and catastrope now so we will have something new to talk about. Or sail on X and screw up one of their doors.:rolleyes:

LOL No No Steve, tis much more fun to be able to say that I got away with giving a couple thousand people "the finger" for 10 days:D

Next cruise is another 14 day'r and THIS TIME I do not plan on any more.... um..er...problems:D Besides, I will probably have my Alaska Gloves on, with tons of padding!!:D

How ya doing??

Joanie

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to let everyone know that I just got back from a great Celebrity cruise on the Solstice, and I had problems with someone smoking on their balcony near us. I never could ID which balcony it was coming from, but it was an irritation!

I guess it goes to show you -- Non-smoking ships still have smoking issues!:rolleyes::)

Kel

Just wanted to let everyone know that I just got back from a great Celebrity cruise on the Solstice, and I had problems with someone smoking on their balcony near us. I never could ID which balcony it was coming from, but it was an irritation!

I guess it goes to show you -- Non-smoking ships still have smoking issues!:rolleyes::)

Kel

Oceania might warn that person once, but the second time their Captain's will put the offender off the ship at the next port..

Several years ago, a poster was complaining because her roommate was put off the ship after being warned only once..Interesting..

See Post no. 61 dated March 2007

Don't know if you can still access it but here is the URL

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=509662&highlight=couples+only&page=4

Betty

Archived