Accademia - Museums

marlong

There are lines if you don't have prepurchased tickets depending on when you go lines can vary, they looked to be about 100 meters long when we were there two summers ago. You can reserve tickets ahead of time here: http://www.uffizi.com/accademia-gallery-florence.asp

If you go private most private tours can secure your tickets and you can avoid the line for the most part.

Do you have to purchase admittance tickets in advance? We wish to visit on our port visit to Florence.

I would recommend getting advanced tickets, but it also depends on what time of year you are going. We were in Florence in November of last year, and there was no wait at all to get into the museums. I am certain this would NOT be the case if you were going in June.

If you do not want to buy them in advance but just have them booked to avoid the line and then buy them once you are in the museum, you can make a reservation, like we did, calling this Florence nbr: (0039) 055 294883. They will give you a reservation code that you have to give to the cashier once you are there to buy the tkts.

I guess they charge around 3 more Euro each tkt for this service but it's worth especially if there is along queue.

Do you have to purchase admittance tickets in advance? We wish to visit on our port visit to Florence.

• 4 months later...

Good advice...

To expand on the process, I just called 39 055 294883 this morning. When you call, you first hear Italian - wait for the English which tells you to press 2 for English. Then I think it was option 4 for reservations-tickets/speak to a person. Only had to wait 1 minute on hold to get a live person. I gave the agent the desired time/date and museum and my family (last) name. She gave me 2 6 digit codes - one each for the Accademia and Uffizi...

Only took 3 minutes - I used Skype so the cost was only 16 cents. :)

FYI - for Skype, didn't need to put the '011' in front of the number that you usually do for calling from Canada/USA.

Also remember the time diff - just type 'Florence time' in google to get the current Florence time.

If you do not want to buy them in advance but just have them booked to avoid the line and then buy them once you are in the museum, you can make a reservation, like we did, calling this Florence nbr: (0039) 055 294883. They will give you a reservation code that you have to give to the cashier once you are there to buy the tkts.

I guess they charge around 3 more Euro each tkt for this service but it's worth especially if there is along queue.

In summation; this is the best advice on this thread that I've read.

Archived