Exhaust Fans?

skittl1321

This is SO random, but we booked last night (YAY!) for the Carnival Freedom and my SIL wants to know if there are exhaust fans in the bathroom. I have no recollection of this from my last cruise (which was on the Spirit anyway...)

If there are not- has anyone noticed an issue of excessive humidity? That's apparently what she is worried about. If it makes a difference they will be in a balcony cabin- and the region is Eastern Carribbean.

Thanks!

No, there aren't exhaust fans but the air that recirculates in the cabin takes care of that issue as soon as the bathroom door is opened.

The only time that you may notice any level of humidity would be in port or if you leave the balcony door open.

:)

No, there aren't exhaust fans but the air that recirculates in the cabin takes care of that issue as soon as the bathroom door is opened.

The only time that you may notice any level of humidity would be in port or if you leave the balcony door open.

:)

But unfortunately, until the door is opened, the mirror is completely fogged up.

Uh oh- she is not going to be happy to hear that.

Because it is an ocean-going vessel and not a hotel on the land, some things are a bit different.

Once you get out of the shower, open the bathroom door; you'll have a nice robe to use... I usually shower with the door open unless it is swinging back and forth.

The bigger issue is how to shave your legs whilst at sea... now THERE'S a challenge in a narrow, moving, shower stall! :cool:

I can tell you after the last week, I'm pretty exhausted by fans.

You know I thought about that when I posted this question- Oh no, another fan question.

But I have no need to bring an extension cord or fan with me! (We actually brought a powerstrip with us last time and it never got taken out of the bag. We just needed to charge the laptop and the camera batteries, and those could be done seperately)

The bigger issue is how to shave your legs whilst at sea... now THERE'S a challenge in a narrow, moving, shower stall! :cool:

I just sat down in the shower and propped my leg against the wall when I needed to shave my legs. Plenty of room for me- but i'm short so it's probably not a good solution for most.

I was watching a video on youtube of someone filming the bathroom and they had a clever idea of flushing the toilet... the vacuum-like suction of that toilet will pull air from the cabin through the bottom of the door (there's a small gap between the bottom of the door and the floor)... he said a couple of flushes and it will clear out the steam pretty good.

Kind of a waste of water, though.

I was watching a video on youtube of someone filming the bathroom and they had a clever idea of flushing the toilet... the vacuum-like suction of that toilet will pull air from the cabin through the bottom of the door (there's a small gap between the bottom of the door and the floor)... he said a couple of flushes and it will clear out the steam pretty good.

You were watching a video on you tune of toilet flushing:confused:

OR you could just open the door and the steam will go out...lol

The steam wasn't an issue really for me b/c I just showered in there. Usually I would keep the door open while I showered too. I did my hair and makeup at the vanity area by the mirror with the chair in the cabin.

Archived